PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem of Transporter

arteck
2011-05-20, 06:52
I was playing music with my transporter as a digital sourse for my DAC. I heard some kind of noise with the sound weakening till to silence.
Immediately I go to check the transporter and find it fail to work with symptoms as follow:
1. The display become abnormal, some horizon lines is dimmer than others.
2. Fail to connect to the wireless network.
3. It will reboot on you make it connect to the wireless network, and the same thing will repeat and repeat again after every new rebooting.
4. Both factory reset and xilinx reset have been tried, but the problem never resolved.
God~~~ Why did this happen? Caused by the hot weather?
Who can tell me what to do?

arteck
2011-05-20, 06:58
additional, it requires "setup lock code" sometimes..... what's this?

MrSinatra
2011-05-24, 09:59
this may not solve any of your issues, but i always advise anyone on an ip3k device to use [force] a static IP, instead of DHCP.

try it and see if it helps. (i don't have a transporter, so i don't know if you can do a static IP easy via the device, or if you need the net-udap tool)

gharris999
2011-05-24, 10:05
I was playing music with my transporter as a digital sourse for my DAC. I heard some kind of noise with the sound weakening till to silence.
Immediately I go to check the transporter and find it fail to work with symptoms as follow:
1. The display become abnormal, some horizon lines is dimmer than others.
2. Fail to connect to the wireless network.
3. It will reboot on you make it connect to the wireless network, and the same thing will repeat and repeat again after every new rebooting.
4. Both factory reset and xilinx reset have been tried, but the problem never resolved.
God~~~ Why did this happen? Caused by the hot weather?
Who can tell me what to do?
I hate to say this, but as a Transporter owner, this sounds like a hardware failure to me. This is SlmDevices' flagship product. I think you'll find tech support and repair to be pretty good. That's been my experience in the past, anyway. Step one will be to call Logitech. Even if the Transporter is out of warrantee, I think they'll repair it.

arteck
2011-05-29, 00:33
Oh my God~~~~~~~
I'm in china, maybe no transporter support here.........