PDA

View Full Version : Announce: YouTube Plugin

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

philippe_44
2015-09-18, 10:35
Not sure if this is a security issues regarding permissions on Linux. I notice that files in my other plugins are read only for "others" and "nogroup" whereas for Youtube they are read and write

It's because the machine I'm using to build the package is a Win7, so the zip does not include any Unix permission

psycho13
2015-09-18, 11:02
On my machine (LMS 7.7.2 on Win7, latest plugin) not a single video works. Always the same error message: "Couldn't find valid protocol, server or port in url:[...]"

SlimChances
2015-09-18, 13:30
It's because the machine I'm using to build the package is a Win7, so the zip does not include any Unix permission

OK I can change permissions manually

TeraX
2015-09-18, 15:38
Thank you very much for reactivating and updating this nice plugin.
Everything is working fine on my Raspberry Pi LSM.

But I have one question.
I use Squeezebox Radio and Duet.
If I play on the Duet the music is in stereo and everything is okay.
But with the Squeezebox Radio the music sounds like mono or bad quality.
Is there a way to listen a better quality?

I didn't activate the low bitrate function in the preferences.

Best Regards
TeraX

philippe_44
2015-09-18, 16:57
On my machine (LMS 7.7.2 on Win7, latest plugin) not a single video works. Always the same error message: "Couldn't find valid protocol, server or port in url:[...]"

So then there is something special with your configuration which makes the function "crackURL" thinking that HTTPS is not a registered procotol, probably. Would you mind replacing the existing file "protocolhandler.pm" by this one to test ?18835

philippe_44
2015-09-18, 22:21

But I have one question.

Best Regards
TeraX

I can't think now of something that would make a difference and would be in control of this plugin. The search for files is independent of the player, then this is about LMS transcoding rules. Make sure you do not have something wrt aac or mp3 transcoding (the 3 formats searched) when you send to the radio

seppl
2015-09-19, 06:19
Hi and thanks to all who participated in reviving the Youtube plugin. I'd really like to use it!
I've managed to install the plugin (V0.34) and also managed to get an API KEY.
This means that I can see the plugin in my menu and I'm able to search for songs and interprets etc.
I also get hits with pictures, but none of the hits will play. I get the same error message as psycho13: "Couldn't find valid protocol, server or port in url:[...]" (in package protocol) and "no more streams" on the display of my SB Touch. Any idea of how it can be solved?
That's my setup: LMS 7.7.3-042 running on a Synology DS213+ with DSM5.2-5592 / Squeezebox Touch

philippe_44
2015-09-19, 07:40
Have you tried to replace the protocolhandler.pm by the one I posted above ?

seppl
2015-09-19, 08:37
Sorry,but I've absolutely no idea of how to do this. :-(
Is there a simple instruction that you can send me? (But it really has to be for users that are completely unexperienced with Linux and accessing the system of a NAS...)

philippe_44
2015-09-19, 09:37
No worries, I'll publish a test version then. In the settings of lms (plugins tab), have you added my repository ?

philippe_44
2015-09-19, 10:07
Sorry,but I've absolutely no idea of how to do this. :-(
Is there a simple instruction that you can send me? (But it really has to be for users that are completely unexperienced with Linux and accessing the system of a NAS...)

You can try the version I've uploaded (0.34.1) - you need to have set the repository (in Settings, Plugins, bottom of the page: addition repository) to https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-youtube/files/dev/repo-sf.xml - I assume you've already done that.

If this works, it (probably) means that a build-in LMS function claims that no HTTPS handler is registered when in fact you have HTTPS working obviously as the search produced results. I don't know why this is the case, it seems to happen with a few distributions

seppl
2015-09-19, 12:36
v0.34.1 was installed automatically - so far so good - but it still doesn't work.
But a check of the error message now delivers something different:
Slim::player::song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/LwibfRDc9hQ]
but no error "(49) Couldn't find valid protocol ..." anymore. The SB Touch still shows "no more streams".
:(
edited: sorry, no idea where these lots of smilies come from...

philippe_44
2015-09-19, 13:12
v0.34.1 was installed automatically - so far so good - but it still doesn't work.
But a check of the error message now delivers something different:
Slim::player::song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/LwibfRDc9hQ]
but no error "(49) Couldn't find valid protocol ..." anymore. The SB Touch still shows "no more streams".
edited: sorry, no idea where these lots of smilies come from...

okay, so there is definitely something wrong with your SSL which seems to be something common on NAS. You probably miss some libraries, let me see, this has been debated here already

[edit]: you need to install per-libio-socket-ssl using the command line 'ipkg install perl-io-socket-ssl'

But of course, 'ipkg' is not installed by default, so you need to go through the process describe here

https://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Overview_on_modifying_the_Synology_Server,_bootstr ap,_ipkg_etc

I'm sorry, this is fairly technical, but this is all I can do to help

seppl
2015-09-19, 13:33
Okay - I will try my best, but first of all many thanks for your analysis work!!!
When I've managed to install the missing 'things', I'll letyou know the outcome.
Greetings to Canada from Germany!!!

paulster
2015-09-19, 15:41
Search is hanging for me, and this is what I'm seeing in the server log:

[15-09-19 15:37:08.2095] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [15:37:08.2090] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
{ params => {}, timeout => 15 },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=***************************************&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=******************************&regionCode=US&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video%2Cchannel%2Cplaylist",
"403 Forbidden",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
], "Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP"),
"403 Forbidden",
) at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 162.
[15-09-19 15:37:08.2100] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 403 Forbidden
[15-09-19 15:37:08.2104] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0xa 152a48)

philippe_44
2015-09-19, 16:22
Search is hanging for me, and this is what I'm seeing in the server log:

[15-09-19 15:37:08.2095] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [15:37:08.2090] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=***************************************&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=******************************&regionCode=US&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video%2Cchannel%2Cplaylist",
"403 Forbidden",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"403 Forbidden",
) at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 162.
[15-09-19 15:37:08.2100] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 403 Forbidden
[15-09-19 15:37:08.2104] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0xa 152a48)

This is likely a similar issue: you are missing some part of SSL, so the search is made using http and it fails and I'm not handing that error (I'm assuming SSL works properly)

paulster
2015-09-19, 16:32
This is likely a similar issue: you are missing some part of SSL, so the search is made using http and it fails and I'm not handing that error (I'm assuming SSL works properly)

I had to install the libio-socket-ssl-perl package on my stock Debian build, so this should have installed any dependencies at the same time.

Is there another SSL package outside of this that you can think I might be missing?

philippe_44
2015-09-19, 17:40
I had to install the libio-socket-ssl-perl package on my stock Debian build, so this should have installed any dependencies at the same time.

Is there another SSL package outside of this that you can think I might be missing?

hmmm ... whatever search you do, it does not work, right ? I thought you got this sorted, according to a previous post. Are you sure that your key is a browser key ? In fact, looking at this result, your request reaches properly the server using HTTPS but something is rejected. When the key is wrong, this is an explicit error. I can't see the query you do (q=) but I'm supposed this is very simple (try either nothing or just one simple word). You can also copy/paste the complete query and make it from your web browser and see what's returned

paulster
2015-09-19, 17:43
hmmm ... whatever search you do, it does not work, right ? I thought you got this sorted, according to a previous post. Are you sure that your key is a browser key ? In fact, looking at this result, your request reaches properly the server using HTTPS but something is rejected. When the key is wrong, this is an explicit error. I can't see the query you do (q=) but I'm supposed this is very simple (try either nothing or just one simple word). You can also copy/paste the complete query and make it from your web browser and see what's returned

I got rid of the plugin not loading before, but hadn't had a chance to get my API key created. I did indeed create a Browser API key, and even tried deleting a recreating, since that worked for another poster.

This is the error from a browser instead, so it looks like I need more than one API enabled:

{
"error": {
"errors": [
{
"domain": "usageLimits",
"reason": "accessNotConfigured",
"message": "Access Not Configured. The API (YouTube Data API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configuration.",
"extendedHelp": "https://console.developers.google.com"
}
],
"code": 403,
"message": "Access Not Configured. The API (YouTube Data API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configuration."
}
}

So I added the YouTube Data API as well, and no longer get any errors in the server log at all. Search results are coming back fine, and you'd think it was working properly (progress bar starts moving through the song, etc.), just no audio!

philippe_44
2015-09-19, 18:57
I got rid of the plugin not loading before, but hadn't had a chance to get my API key created. I did indeed create a Browser API key, and even tried deleting a recreating, since that worked for another poster.

This is the error from a browser instead, so it looks like I need more than one API enabled:

{
{
"message": "Access Not Configured. The API (YouTube Data API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configuration.",
}
],
"message": "Access Not Configured. The API (YouTube Data API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configuration."
}
}

So I added the YouTube Data API as well, and no longer get any errors in the server log at all. Search results are coming back fine, and you'd think it was working properly (progress bar starts moving through the song, etc.), just no audio!

It can take a few seconds for audio to start, but I guess you've waited a bit. Is the progress bar resetting itself after a few seconds (10) or is it progressing normally ? Can you take a new log ? you can enable the youtube plugin "info" level in the LMS settings, logging. You can PM the log if you prefer to.

Also, remember that some files will not work, still.

CommanderROR
2015-09-20, 01:05
Thanks for taking up work on this!

Sadly, it's not working at all for me. I just get the "Missing API Key" message, and there are no settings (it tells me to go to setting) where I could change that in any way. I used the ProtocolHandler.pm you posted earlier. Is there anything else I should do?

philippe_44
2015-09-20, 01:50
Thanks for taking up work on this!

Sadly, it's not working at all for me. I just get the "Missing API Key" message, and there are no settings (it tells me to go to setting) where I could change that in any way. I used the ProtocolHandler.pm you posted earlier. Is there anything else I should do?

See settings,advanced (where you usually setup plugins) for YouTube and see the help balloon on the API key - there it says that you have to get a YouTube API key and it gives you the website where to go. Do not forget to choose a browser key when you are there ! it takes 30 sec

seppl
2015-09-20, 03:17
okay, so there is definitely something wrong with your SSL which seems to be something common on NAS. You probably miss some libraries, let me see, this has been debated here already

[edit]: you need to install per-libio-socket-ssl using the command line 'ipkg install perl-io-socket-ssl'

But of course, 'ipkg' is not installed by default, so you need to go through the process describe here

https://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Overview_on_modifying_the_Synology_Server,_bootstr ap,_ipkg_etc

I'm sorry, this is fairly technical, but this is all I can do to help

I managed to install ipkg on my DS213+ and I also managed to install perl-io-socket-ssl (0.999-1)
Then I rebooted the system (I thought it could be better).
Unfortunately the result is still the same. I can use the plugin for searching and I can start the hits seeing also the pictures, but playing stops after some seconds and I cannot hear anything. The error message is still the same: (471) Warning : stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com ...]

Any idea what's going wrong, now?

superbonham
2015-09-20, 06:16
Hi philippe_44, hi all,

first of all I would like to thank Philippe for updating/reimplementing this plugin again; I am very much looking forward to being able to use it again! Unfortunately it currently does not work for me.

I just installed LMS v7.8.0 on a freshly build server running Windows 7 Pro SP1. I installed the youtube plugin (v0.33, later also v0.34.1) via LMS web interface, got a google API key, can search videos and also get results. Similar to psyco_13's issue the streams seem to play for 4 seconds than resets and I never actually hear any sound. The LMS log is constantly giving me "Couldn't find valid protocol, server or port in url [...]". https links (e.g. using Firefox) are working fine; I can also play the very same youtube links in a browser.

Btw.: when I updated to v0.34.1 of the plugin I tried to add the repro location at the bottom of the plugin page; for some funny reason the plugin did not show up when adding an https link to the repro but only when I changed it to plain http. So somehow LMS does not seem to be able to establish an https (SSL/TLS) connection at all?!

Does anyone of you know how to solve this issue?

Many thanks

Ben

philippe_44
2015-09-20, 07:46
I managed to install ipkg on my DS213+ and I also managed to install perl-io-socket-ssl (0.999-1)
Then I rebooted the system (I thought it could be better).
Unfortunately the result is still the same. I can use the plugin for searching and I can start the hits seeing also the pictures, but playing stops after some seconds and I cannot hear anything. The error message is still the same: (471) Warning : stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com ...]

Any idea what's going wrong, now?

Can you set the plugin log to info and send the result (in settings, advanced, logging). You can PM me the result if you prefer

I'm also wondering if the Perl setup used by your LMS is the built-in Linux one or is this a private version ? I don't know how the install is made on your NAS. You can check the Perl version on the log at start versus the Perl version you get at a command line. If they are different, then what you've installed might not apply/be used for LMS - just an hypothesis

philippe_44
2015-09-20, 07:49
Hi philippe_44, hi all,

first of all I would like to thank Philippe for updating/reimplementing this plugin again; I am very much looking forward to being able to use it again! Unfortunately it currently does not work for me.

I just installed LMS v7.8.0 on a freshly build server running Windows 7 Pro SP1. I installed the youtube plugin (v0.33, later also v0.34.1) via LMS web interface, got a google API key, can search videos and also get results. Similar to psyco_13's issue the streams seem to play for 4 seconds than resets and I never actually hear any sound. The LMS log is constantly giving me "Couldn't find valid protocol, server or port in url [...]". https links (e.g. using Firefox) are working fine; I can also play the very same youtube links in a browser.

Btw.: when I updated to v0.34.1 of the plugin I tried to add the repro location at the bottom of the plugin page; for some funny reason the plugin did not show up when adding an https link to the repro but only when I changed it to plain http. So somehow LMS does not seem to be able to establish an https (SSL/TLS) connection at all?!

Does anyone of you know how to solve this issue?

Many thanks

Ben

This is very weird. Can you do as described in the previous post ? You can also try on a 7.9 - I use personally 7.7.5 on win7 and 7.9.x on Linux, but no 7.8 and it really seems that something is missing with SSL here.

pinkdot
2015-09-20, 08:03
I installed this plugin (0.34.1) today on my Synology nas too. Although I got a protocolhandler.pm error in the server log, I can search and play music.

[15-09-20 10:22:58.2224] main::init (383) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1442495939, Sat Sep 19 04:18:55 UTC 2015) perl 5.018004
[15-09-20 10:23:16.1927] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[15-09-20 10:23:16.2002] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[15-09-20 10:23:16.2075] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[15-09-20 10:23:16.2146] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[15-09-20 10:23:16.2312] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[15-09-20 10:23:16.7143] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[15-09-20 10:24:27.5876] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1887) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Commands::timeCommand]: [Can't modify non-lvalue subroutine call at /volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/ProtocolHandler.pm line 86.
]
[15-09-20 10:24:27.5892] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (413) Request failed with error: Bad dispatch!

superbonham
2015-09-20, 08:32
This is very weird. Can you do as described in the previous post ? You can also try on a 7.9 - I use personally 7.7.5 on win7 and 7.9.x on Linux, but no 7.8 and it really seems that something is missing with SSL here.

Hi Philippe,

many thanks for your fast reply! I just updated to 7.8.1 and now it seems to work. This is indeed quite strange, but something with respect to https seems to be broken in 7.8.0.

I am happy that it is working now,

many thanks

Ben

seppl
2015-09-20, 09:14
Can you set the plugin log to info and send the result (in settings, advanced, logging). You can PM me the result if you prefer

I'm also wondering if the Perl setup used by your LMS is the built-in Linux one or is this a private version ? I don't know how the install is made on your NAS. You can check the Perl version on the log at start versus the Perl version you get at a command line. If they are different, then what you've installed might not apply/be used for LMS - just an hypothesis

That's what the log shows:

The Perl version is 5.18.4-0022 according to the package management of ma NAS

philippe_44
2015-09-20, 09:27
That's what the log shows:

The Perl version is 5.18.4-0022 according to the package management of ma NAS

I barely can read the log, this is an image

pinkdot
2015-09-20, 10:16
I installed this plugin (0.34.1) today on my Synology nas too. Although I got a protocolhandler.pm error in the server log, I can search and play music.

[15-09-20 10:22:58.2224] main::init (383) Starting Logitech Media Server ... Bad dispatch!

After disabling the plugin, a server restart, log is without protocolhandler.pm error! Might have been a left over from 0.33? Thx for maintaining this plugin.

[15-09-20 19:05:52.6785] main::init (383) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1442495939, Sat Sep 19 04:18:55 UTC 2015) perl 5.018004
[15-09-20 19:06:59.4368] Slim::Web::ImageProxy::__ANON__ (317) Artwork resize for imageproxy/https://yt3.ggpht.com/-QMkGdFbhrOc/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/6boUKax-3EA/s88-c-k-no/photo.jpg/image_50x50_o failed
[15-09-20 19:07:09.1884] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value): at /volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 134.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x4 302ab0)

seppl
2015-09-20, 10:38
I barely can read the log, this is an image

Sorry, I've never managed to copy the protocol into a text file, but with some stupid steps, I managed to get this:

[15-09-20 17:59:52.5612] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::getNextTrack (430) next track id: LwibfRDc9hQ url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwibfRDc9hQ master: youtube://www.youtube.com/v/LwibfRDc9hQ

[15-09-20 17:59:53.1364] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::new (90) url: https://r2---sn-xfxuxa-cgxd.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?sver=3&signature=7346D91C6011D7BEEFE0A408A9FF475C932B625A .C9C2A1B68AFDED8F3C1CBE95FF4133F3382BE043&fexp=9408496%2C9408710%2C9409069%2C9414824%2C94153 65%2C9415386%2C9415416%2C9415436%2C9415485%2C94160 23%2C9416126%2C9416344%2C9416874%2C9417707%2C94181 53%2C9418164%2C9418448%2C9419266%2C9419972%2C94203 48%2C9421013&ipbits=0&itag=5&upn=PXpGws4fTzQ&dur=3531.598&pcm2cms=yes&mime=video%2Fx-flv&expire=1442786392&ms=au&id=o-AAG8LQ9mW1zIOp0VL_YARzNJm3Jox0jw2I8bLoGhgm2E&pl=16&mv=m&mt=1442764752&mn=sn-xfxuxa-cgxd&mm=31&source=youtube&ip=37.138.175.125&requiressl=yes&lmt=1431364323276363&sparams=dur%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Cita g%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cpcm2cms%2Cpl% 2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&initcwndbps=1701250&key=yt5&signature=

[15-09-20 17:59:53.1591] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::open (54) Opening connection to https://r2---sn-xfxuxa-cgxd.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?sver=3&signature=7346D91C6011D7BEEFE0A408A9FF475C932B625A .C9C2A1B68AFDED8F3C1CBE95FF4133F3382BE043&fexp=9408496%2C9408710%2C9409069%2C9414824%2C94153 65%2C9415386%2C9415416%2C9415436%2C9415485%2C94160 23%2C9416126%2C9416344%2C9416874%2C9417707%2C94181 53%2C9418164%2C9418448%2C9419266%2C9419972%2C94203 48%2C9421013&ipbits=0&itag=5&upn=PXpGws4fTzQ&dur=3531.598&pcm2cms=yes&mime=video%2Fx-flv&expire=1442786392&ms=au&id=o-AAG8LQ9mW1zIOp0VL_YARzNJm3Jox0jw2I8bLoGhgm2E&pl=16&mv=m&mt=1442764752&mn=sn-xfxuxa-cgxd&mm=31&source=youtube&ip=37.138.175.125&requiressl=yes&lmt=1431364323276363&sparams=dur%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Cita g%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cpcm2cms%2Cpl% 2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&initcwndbps=1701250&key=yt5&signature=:
[r2---sn-xfxuxa-cgxd.googlevideo.com on port 443 with path /videoplayback?sver=3&signature=7346D91C6011D7BEEFE0A408A9FF475C932B625A .C9C2A1B68AFDED8F3C1CBE95FF4133F3382BE043&fexp=9408496%2C9408710%2C9409069%2C9414824%2C94153 65%2C9415386%2C9415416%2C9415436%2C9415485%2C94160 23%2C9416126%2C9416344%2C9416874%2C9417707%2C94181 53%2C9418164%2C9418448%2C9419266%2C9419972%2C94203 48%2C9421013&ipbits=0&itag=5&upn=PXpGws4fTzQ&dur=3531.598&pcm2cms=yes&mime=video%2Fx-flv&expire=1442786392&ms=au&id=o-AAG8LQ9mW1zIOp0VL_YARzNJm3Jox0jw2I8bLoGhgm2E&pl=16&mv=m&mt=1442764752&mn=sn-xfxuxa-cgxd&mm=31&source=youtube&ip=37.138.175.125&requiressl=yes&lmt=1431364323276363&sparams=dur%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Cita g%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cpcm2cms%2Cpl% 2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&initcwndbps=1701250&key=yt5&signature= with timeout 10]

[15-09-20 17:59:53.2753] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/LwibfRDc9hQ].

Does it help and is it what you required?

philippe_44
2015-09-20, 10:44
Sorry, I've never managed to copy the protocol into a text file, but with some stupid steps, I managed to get this:

[15-09-20 17:59:53.2753] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/LwibfRDc9hQ].

Does it help and is it what you required?

So the link is good and I can download it, it seems to continue to boild down to a SSL/Perl issue. What I'd really like to see, is at the beginning of the server log, what's the perl version you use (for LMS). Just stop/restart LMS and quickly open the server log, you'll see that in the very first lines

paulster
2015-09-20, 11:15
It can take a few seconds for audio to start, but I guess you've waited a bit. Is the progress bar resetting itself after a few seconds (10) or is it progressing normally ? Can you take a new log ? you can enable the youtube plugin "info" level in the LMS settings, logging. You can PM the log if you prefer to.

Also, remember that some files will not work, still.

The progress bar is going through normally. I've left it for 2-3 minutes and it progresses as you'd expect.

Here's the log, at info level:

[15-09-20 11:06:03.9345] Plugins::YouTube::API::_call (139) Calling API: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=**********&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=reflektor&regionCode=US&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video&videoCategoryId=10
[15-09-20 11:06:04.5076] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (95) We want 50 items, have 50 so far
[15-09-20 11:06:04.5079] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (105) Got all we wanted. Return 50 items.
[15-09-20 11:06:18.1917] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (668) Need to fetch metadata for: 7E0fVfectDo
[15-09-20 11:06:18.1921] Plugins::YouTube::API::_call (139) Calling API: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?key=**********&id=7E0fVfectDo&maxResults=50&part=snippet%2CcontentDetails&regionCode=US
[15-09-20 11:06:18.3410] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::getNextTrack (431) next track id: 7E0fVfectDo url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0fVfectDo master: youtube://www.youtube.com/v/7E0fVfectDo
[15-09-20 11:06:18.4939] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (736) Duration: PT7M42S
[15-09-20 11:06:18.4944] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (668) Need to fetch metadata for:
[15-09-20 11:06:18.8121] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::new (91) url: https://r1---sn-5uaezner.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?dur=461.923&ip=***.***.***.***&lmt=1389672834294269&mn=sn-5uaezner&requiressl=yes&initcwndbps=642500&gcr=us&nh=IgpwcjAxLmF0bDAxKgkxMjcuMC4wLjE&key=yt5&mime=video%2Fx-flv&itag=5&fexp=9407060%2C9408710%2C9409069%2C9415365%2C94154 85%2C9416023%2C9416126%2C9417707%2C9418153%2C94184 48%2C9420348%2C9421013&upn=IWwnkDFOKEU&sver=3&sparams=dur%2Cgcr%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits %2Citag%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cnh%2Cpl %2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&ms=au&pl=17&mv=m&ipbits=0&mt=1442772240&source=youtube&id=o-ANlSsmgVwaFkjDyccobP0vSy_vCaeNpyee20BbzATqvR&expire=1442793978&mm=31&signature=95645CD5445B347748F441C944DCDF2EFDA1D615 .F3D6B04F4E11FA135F749356437C56F5B8EF9576
[15-09-20 11:06:18.8177] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::open (55) Opening connection to https://r1---sn-5uaezner.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?dur=461.923&ip=***.***.***.***&lmt=1389672834294269&mn=sn-5uaezner&requiressl=yes&initcwndbps=642500&gcr=us&nh=IgpwcjAxLmF0bDAxKgkxMjcuMC4wLjE&key=yt5&mime=video%2Fx-flv&itag=5&fexp=9407060%2C9408710%2C9409069%2C9415365%2C94154 85%2C9416023%2C9416126%2C9417707%2C9418153%2C94184 48%2C9420348%2C9421013&upn=IWwnkDFOKEU&sver=3&sparams=dur%2Cgcr%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits %2Citag%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cnh%2Cpl %2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&ms=au&pl=17&mv=m&ipbits=0&mt=1442772240&source=youtube&id=o-ANlSsmgVwaFkjDyccobP0vSy_vCaeNpyee20BbzATqvR&expire=1442793978&mm=31&signature=95645CD5445B347748F441C944DCDF2EFDA1D615 .F3D6B04F4E11FA135F749356437C56F5B8EF9576:
[r1---sn-5uaezner.googlevideo.com on port 443 with path /videoplayback?dur=461.923&ip=***.***.***.***&lmt=1389672834294269&mn=sn-5uaezner&requiressl=yes&initcwndbps=642500&gcr=us&nh=IgpwcjAxLmF0bDAxKgkxMjcuMC4wLjE&key=yt5&mime=video%2Fx-flv&itag=5&fexp=9407060%2C9408710%2C9409069%2C9415365%2C94154 85%2C9416023%2C9416126%2C9417707%2C9418153%2C94184 48%2C9420348%2C9421013&upn=IWwnkDFOKEU&sver=3&sparams=dur%2Cgcr%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits %2Citag%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cnh%2Cpl %2Crequiressl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&ms=au&pl=17&mv=m&ipbits=0&mt=1442772240&source=youtube&id=o-ANlSsmgVwaFkjDyccobP0vSy_vCaeNpyee20BbzATqvR&expire=1442793978&mm=31&signature=95645CD5445B347748F441C944DCDF2EFDA1D615 .F3D6B04F4E11FA135F749356437C56F5B8EF9576 with timeout 10]
[15-09-20 11:06:19.3753] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::processFLV (270) Header: sig: FLV version: 1 flags: 50 (audio: 0 video: 0) offset: 9

I know some files won't play, but I haven't actually found one that will play yet, so I'm not sure that this is the cause of the issue in my case.

pinkdot
2015-09-20, 11:19
Just stop/restart LMS and quickly open the server log, you'll see that in the very first lines

FYI: all Synology nas run Perl 5.18.4 from DSM5.0 and up which also is used by the LMS package. I have an Synology nas also, and no streaming problem. I run however, 7.9.0.

psycho13
2015-09-21, 06:14
Sorry for not having answered earlier. I was away for the weekend.

No that another version is out, what do you want me to do? Update LMS to 7.7.x, 7.8.x, 7.9.x? Update plugin? Or overwrite pm-file? ;) As I am on Windows ipkg is not an option for me. :D

Thanks again for maintaining and helping out here!

TeraX
2015-09-21, 10:37
Hi,

after deactivating the Line in Plugin and a needed restart for the server I can't play no more youtube files.

The SB Radio display show the picture and then it shows the message "no more stream".

In the serverlog I have the follow error messages:

[15-09-21 18:26:31.4100] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Player::Source::__ANON__: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value): at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 150.
; fh=Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler=GLOB(0x91e3b9 0)
2015-09-21 18:31:18 Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.
[15-09-21 18:31:40.5294] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.3, 1375965195, Mon Aug 12 03:09:39 PDT 2013) perl 5.014002
[15-09-21 18:37:50.6855] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/KDRDNcN-hwo].
[15-09-21 18:38:05.7420] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::open (49) Couldn't find valid protocol, server or port in url: [https://r11---sn-h0j7sne7.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?lmt=1394288338395584&initcwndbps=1151250&itag=5&upn=TmdAzz4LXPs&id=o-AK6RzIHJQAL6gkdnGYod9nVv_hmnq7BqOpGRaEL6SmTc&fexp=9408710%2C9409069%2C9415365%2C9415485%2C94160 23%2C9416126%2C9417707%2C9418153%2C9418448%2C94203 48%2C9421013&sparams=dur%2Cid%2Cinitcwndbps%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Cita g%2Clmt%2Cmime%2Cmm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cpl%2Crequires sl%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&signature=9D66C1AA0733016A70132C4E7ADEB8568620B6A6 .1CF267B3E4C46FA5E6AE5943759731FDE473C828&ipbits=0&ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx&mime=video%2Fx-flv&pl=17&source=youtube&sver=3&expire=1442875085&dur=246.413&mv=m&mt=1442853340&ms=au&mn=sn-h0j7sne7&mm=31&key=yt5&requiressl=yes&signature=]
[15-09-21 18:38:05.7474] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/msQWeSSlQ08].
2015-09-21 18:40:51 Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.
[15-09-21 18:41:11.7965] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.3, 1375965195, Mon Aug 12 03:09:39 PDT 2013) perl 5.014002
[15-09-21 18:41:40.8834] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[15-09-21 18:43:41.0897] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/msQWeSSlQ08].
[15-09-21 18:44:45.9848] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Settings::handler (33) attempt to set params with band random number - ignoring
[15-09-21 18:45:58.7275] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/msQWeSSlQ08].
[15-09-21 18:46:23.3963] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/5wU1Dr5Vj_w].
[15-09-21 18:47:35.9840] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/154OyxS3Nuk].
2015-09-21 18:51:51 Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.
[15-09-21 18:52:11.6812] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.3, 1375965195, Mon Aug 12 03:09:39 PDT 2013) perl 5.014002
[15-09-21 18:53:06.9737] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/msQWeSSlQ08].
[15-09-21 18:53:34.9432] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/5wU1Dr5Vj_w].
2015-09-21 18:56:16 squeezeboxserver_safe stopped.
2015-09-21 18:56:48 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
[15-09-21 18:58:16.4259] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.3, 1375965195, Mon Aug 12 03:09:39 PDT 2013) perl 5.014002
[15-09-21 19:29:47.9636] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/msQWeSSlQ08].
[15-09-21 19:30:27.6104] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/S2iQDfVsVDM].
[15-09-21 19:31:06.4424] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/nD432D2xdZI].
[15-09-21 19:31:53.9668] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/9UfUYYB4V6U].

I currently running the Youtube Plugin 0.34.1 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-youtube/files/dev/repo-sf.xml

Best Regards,
TeraX

Update:

I forgot that I already have the Plugion "IckStream" installed which seems to play youtube streams (in a not so good quality ;)
If I now deactivate this plugin the normal / your Youtube Plugin didn't work.

I will check the SSL lib

Best Regards

Man in a van
2015-09-22, 02:56
Late yesterday I did a fresh install of Max2Play on a rpi2.

Installed LMS v7.9 and ticked the You Tube plug-in.

It would not load.

Added the repository and the same result.

Tried LMS v7.8.0 and v7.8.1: same result.:confused:

Did a clean install of v 7.9 and went to bed.

Realised this morning that
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade might be required.

Still no luck and the repository would not load.

Went back through the thread a bit (I've not been keeping up) and as a result I tried
apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl.

Worked a treat. Elvis is in the building:cool:

Thanks to all for the info and phillipe_44 for the plug-in

Hope this helpful.

atb

ronnie.

psycho13
2015-09-23, 04:42
Sorry for not having answered earlier. I was away for the weekend.

No that another version is out, what do you want me to do? Update LMS to 7.7.x, 7.8.x, 7.9.x? Update plugin? Or overwrite pm-file? ;) As I am on Windows ipkg is not an option for me. :D

Thanks again for maintaining and helping out here!

Switching to the lastest 7.7 version worked. --> No more problems playing YT files. :-)

philippe_44
2015-10-02, 19:31
I'm moving the various plugins I'm maintaining into a single repository that should be part of LMS 3rd party repository shortly. Meanwhile, here is the address

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/repo-sf.xml

The development version will not move

adamdea
2015-10-04, 07:30
I installed the plugin on my cubox-i running debian with lms 7.9 latest.
I installed API code which I have previously used on another machine using the plugin
When I try to search anything under the plugin, the wheels just spin
Server log suggests error at l.93 of plugin.pm.
Any ideas?

[15-10-04 16:01:58.7783] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [16:01:58.7770] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyADEfK2C2rpxgsySn34h5b-9TZfShO2wZM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=I%20get%20knocked%20down展onCode=EN&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video%2Cchannel%2Cplaylist",
"400 Bad Request",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"400 Bad Request",
[15-10-04 16:01:58.7797] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 400 Bad Request
[15-10-04 16:01:58.8053] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 f71c98)
[15-10-04 16:02:07.0118] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [16:02:07.0108] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyADEfK2C2rpxgsySn34h5b-9TZfShO2wZM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=I%20get%20knocked%20down展onCode=EN&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video%2Cchannel%2Cplaylist",
"400 Bad Request",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"400 Bad Request",
[15-10-04 16:02:07.0129] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 400 Bad Request
[15-10-04 16:02:07.0141] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 e353d0)
[15-10-04 16:02:54.7228] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [16:02:54.7215] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videoCategories?key=AIzaSyADEfK2C2rpxgsySn34h5b-9TZfShO2wZM&hl=EN&maxResults=50&part=snippet展onCode=EN",
"400 Bad Request",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"400 Bad Request",
[15-10-04 16:02:54.7241] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 400 Bad Request
[15-10-04 16:02:54.7256] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 e2b9d0)
2015-10-04 16:03:33 squeezeboxserver_safe stopped.
[15-10-04 16:03:33.4771] Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::revoke_publishPlayer (204) Send TERM sig to old publish player services. pids: 5068
2015-10-04 16:03:48 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
[15-10-04 16:03:53.0899] main::init (383) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1443715562, Fri Oct 2 04:05:06 UTC 2015) perl 5.020002
[15-10-04 16:03:55.0840] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::LocalPlayer::Plugin] failed to load:
Can't use string ("Template::Document->ne") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Prefs/Base.pm line 201.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 869) line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 869) line 1.

[15-10-04 16:03:55.0869] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::LocalPlayer::Plugin
[15-10-04 16:03:56.6188] Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::initPlugin (91) Initialising 0.18 on arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[15-10-04 16:04:00.5074] Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::publishPlayer (221) start avahi-publish-service "cubox-i"
[15-10-04 16:04:03.2823] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
[15-10-04 16:04:03.3970] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
[15-10-04 16:04:03.3999] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
[15-10-04 16:04:11.9848] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [16:04:11.9834] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videoCategories?key=AIzaSyADEfK2C2rpxgsySn34h5b-9TZfShO2wZM&hl=EN&maxResults=50&part=snippet展onCode=EN",
"400 Bad Request",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"400 Bad Request",
[15-10-04 16:04:11.9861] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 400 Bad Request
[15-10-04 16:04:11.9935] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 f3add8)
[15-10-04 16:05:26.3005] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [16:05:26.2993] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"400 Bad Request",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"400 Bad Request",
[15-10-04 16:05:26.3019] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 400 Bad Request
[15-10-04 16:05:26.3034] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 f2cfe8)
[15-10-04 16:05:31.8862] Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::publishPlayer (221) start avahi-publish-service "iPhone 6"
[15-10-04 16:05:33.2389] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
[15-10-04 16:05:33.3161] Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed
[15-10-04 16:06:41.3216] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [16:06:41.3203] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"400 Bad Request",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"400 Bad Request",
[15-10-04 16:06:41.3231] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 400 Bad Request
[15-10-04 16:06:41.3247] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 a15838)
[15-10-04 16:06:56.6680] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [16:06:56.6668] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyADEfK2C2rpxgsySn34h5b-9TZfShO2wZM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=trout展onCode=EN&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video&videoCategoryId=10",
"400 Bad Request",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"400 Bad Request",

philippe_44
2015-10-04, 11:53
I installed the plugin on my cubox-i running debian with lms 7.9 latest.
I installed API code which I have previously used on another machine using the plugin
When I try to search anything under the plugin, the wheels just spin
Server log suggests error at l.93 of plugin.pm.
Any ideas?

It is likely the SSL missing problem. Can you try 'sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl'

[edit]: I'll take that back. There seems to be a spurious set of characters on the search request, just before the language code. Can you tell me exactly what was your search and what is your country in settings ?

if you look at the API call
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=xxx&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=I%20get%20knocked%20down展onCode=EN&relevanceLanguage=EN&type=video%2Cchannel%2Cplaylist"

the '展onCode' is wrong ... it should be "&regionCode" so there is a char transcoding problem here

[edit2]: this is a copy/paste side effect, I guess. The problem is your country code is set to "EN" which is wrong. GO to the settings of YouTube plugin and set it to your country's 2 letters code

doubleugk
2015-10-04, 12:52
Hi philippe_44,

thank you so much that this plugin is working again. Me and my kids love it.

And it worked out of the box for songs that are stored in the playlist or recently played list. Searching results in the previous mentioned error message.
Any advice for the Windows environment?

Cheers wgk

philippe_44
2015-10-04, 13:57
Is this the case for every search in all modes ? Can you as well copy/paste one of the failed search in your web browser and try from there ?

My main test environments are win7 with 7.7.5 and kubuntu 14.10 with 7.9

[edit]: see above, this is a country setting issue. I've also made a tiny patch that prevents that from happening - repository is now

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/repo-sf.xml

adamdea
2015-10-05, 01:14
[edit2]: this is a copy/paste side effect, I guess. The problem is your country code is set to "EN" which is wrong. GO to the settings of YouTube plugin and set it to your country's 2 letters code
Thanks Philippe
Will do- I wonder whether I upset Google by setting my language to English (uk) not US?

philippe_44
2015-10-05, 04:52
I don't think they would at all. The reason why you have US by default is that LMS only gives me the language of the system. In most cases, this is the same 2 letters as the country, but not for EN :) so I had to make a decision here ... But changing that to your real country is what you should do

doubleugk
2015-10-05, 10:28
Hi Philippe,

it was all about activating the YouTube Data API v3. If you only create the YouTube API access key it doesn't work. Maybe I missed that part while scanning thru this thread.
Therefor one has to access the API section in the Google Developers Console and select YouTube Data API v3. Once done that it's a simple click to activate the API. I came to this solution, because you mentioned to try the URL shown in the LMS server log.
Now I'm hapyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!

Thx Thx Thx

castalla
2015-10-05, 11:27
I've got a message that the plugin has been updated - restart required. Makes no difference - update message not cleared.

Also, the plugin is not listed on the plugins page .... seems to have disappeared.

doubleugk
2015-10-05, 11:48
I've got a message that the plugin has been updated - restart required. Makes no difference - update message not cleared.

Also, the plugin is not listed on the plugins page .... seems to have disappeared.

I've had the same issue. I've shut down the server and cleared the cache of my browser. After starting LMS the plugin was visible again.

Odd but that's how it is ;-)

castalla
2015-10-05, 12:08
I've had the same issue. I've shut down the server and cleared the cache of my browser. After starting LMS the plugin was visible again.

Odd but that's how it is ;-)

Nope - message still there & missing plugin .....

doubleugk
2015-10-05, 12:14

What I've tried too, was removing the repository link, save and then restart the server and finally add it again.

Question: Is your server really restarting when you're prompted. I'd the feeling that it didn't happen.

castalla
2015-10-05, 12:31
What I've tried too, was removing the repository link, save and then restart the server and finally add it again.

Question: Is your server really restarting when you're prompted. I'd the feeling that it didn't happen.

Got the plugin listed again by removing auto-updates.

Looks like there's a glitch in the repo ( which one to use, as Phillipe has changed the source ???)

Restart is manual on linux.

doubleugk
2015-10-05, 12:44
which one to use, as Phillipe has changed the source ???)

I'm using the one mentioned here latest.

philippe_44
2015-10-05, 12:57
I think everything should be back in order soon. Michael is changing the LMS 'build-in' 3rd party repository to point to the new repository I've created, and I know things take a small while to be 'propagated'. Meanwhile, there seem to be a confusion on updates, sorry about that but I really did have to make that thing re-organized

castalla
2015-10-05, 13:14
I think everything should be back in order soon. Michael is changing the LMS 'build-in' 3rd party repository to point to the new repository I've created, and I know things take a small while to be 'propagated'. Meanwhile, there seem to be a confusion on updates, sorry about that but I really did have to make that thing re-organized

Thanks

mprother
2015-10-06, 09:11
Having the same issue as Seppl..

I have a DS213, with DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4. After a Ipkg install of perl-io-sockets-ssl i get the following failure log:

[15-10-06 08:48:58.0602] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.3, 1375965195, Mon Aug 19 11:42:55 PDT 2013) perl 5.018004
[15-10-06 08:49:06.3046] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1308) Warning: [08:49:06.3026] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more than one row. SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Schema.pm line 1885
[15-10-06 08:49:10.7830] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (268) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled.
[15-10-06 08:49:17.5338] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1869) Request in error, returning
[15-10-06 08:50:24.1102] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/b-JoytnCvmM]

Any ideas?

Thanks

adamdea
2015-10-06, 12:41
I don't think they would at all. The reason why you have US by default is that LMS only gives me the language of the system. In most cases, this is the same 2 letters as the country, but not for EN :) so I had to make a decision here ... But changing that to your real country is what you should do
Thanks, worked fine with UK.

mprother
2015-10-06, 22:27
Having the same issue as Seppl..

I have a DS213, with DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4. After a Ipkg install of perl-io-sockets-ssl i get the following failure log:

[15-10-06 08:48:58.0602] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.3, 1375965195, Mon Aug 19 11:42:55 PDT 2013) perl 5.018004
[15-10-06 08:49:06.3046] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1308) Warning: [08:49:06.3026] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more than one row. SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Schema.pm line 1885
[15-10-06 08:49:10.7830] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (268) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled.
[15-10-06 08:49:17.5338] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1869) Request in error, returning
[15-10-06 08:50:24.1102] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/b-JoytnCvmM]

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just resolved this issue.. I upgraded to LMS 7.9.0 for the synology repack and everything worked great..
Follow this thread for instructions..

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*

So in summary for Synology DSM5.X users:

Upgrade your LMS to 7.9.0: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*
Install/update the youtube plugin via the LMS settings page (repository was already linked???)
Activated your youtube "browser" key: https://console.developers.google.com/project
and enter it in the Settings -> Advanced [pull down to YouTube]
You might need to install ipkg and perl-io-socket-ssl if the above doesn't work: https://forum.synology.com/wiki/inde...trap,_ipkg_etc

Thanks for all the great work/support Philippe and PinkDot!!!

TeraX
2015-10-08, 11:35
After updating from LMS 7.7.3 to 7.9 nightly the youtube plugin is playing music...

MrWichtig
2015-10-14, 12:18
Hi,

i have the error message with installing the youtube plugin as well with the socket sll.........i have a ReadyNas Duo v2

Error message:

Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::YouTube::Plugin
main::init (368) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.1, 1444318653, Wed Oct 14 03:15:40 UTC 2015) perl 5.010001
main::init (368) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.1, 1444318653, Wed Oct 14 03:15:40 UTC 2015) perl 5.010001
Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::YouTube::Plugin] failed to load:
Base class package "IO::Socket::SSL" is empty.
(Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first,

What i have to install or configure on my Radynas in additional?

any idea?

thanks!

philippe_44
2015-10-14, 12:45

Was a mistake on my side - solved now, 0.36 does not bring anything new except that it fixes the constant update request

rowene
2015-10-14, 14:52
Hi,
I cannot get this plugin to work, so looking for help. I'm on a vanilla ReadyNAS Ultra2 Plus with latest LMS on latest OS (Radiator v4.2.27) which means Perl 5.8.8. The error I get on playing a YouTube video is below

[15-10-14 22:41:23.8329] main::init (383) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1444318731, Mon Oct 12 04:17:48 UTC 2015) perl 5.008008
[15-10-14 22:42:17.7892] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't locate object method "BINMODE" via package "IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_HANDLE" at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 622.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0xd 370ce4)
I'm guessing I'm missing some SSL library - any idea what? Effectively I think the complaint is that SqueezeServer is trying to use BINMODE but IO::Socket::SSL doesn't support it.
Thanks,
Neville
LMS 7.9 on ReadyNAS, 3 Booms, 1 Receiver, 1 Pi running PiCorePlayer (really great, to be recommended as a Receiver replacement), various SqueezePlay on PCs, iPeng & Squeezer on phones, etc

philippe_44
2015-10-16, 13:51
Hi,
I cannot get this plugin to work, so looking for help. I'm on a vanilla ReadyNAS Ultra2 Plus with latest LMS on latest OS (Radiator v4.2.27) which means Perl 5.8.8. The error I get on playing a YouTube video is below

[15-10-14 22:41:23.8329] main::init (383) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1444318731, Mon Oct 12 04:17:48 UTC 2015) perl 5.008008
[15-10-14 22:42:17.7892] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't locate object method "BINMODE" via package "IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_HANDLE" at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 622.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0xd 370ce4)
I'm guessing I'm missing some SSL library - any idea what? Effectively I think the complaint is that SqueezeServer is trying to use BINMODE but IO::Socket::SSL doesn't support it.
Thanks,
Neville
LMS 7.9 on ReadyNAS, 3 Booms, 1 Receiver, 1 Pi running PiCorePlayer (really great, to be recommended as a Receiver replacement), various SqueezePlay on PCs, iPeng & Squeezer on phones, etc

What version of SSL are you using in your Perl distribution ? Obviously, LMS tries to set socket in binmode to do some seek (that's what I see in the LMS code). I've replaced the IO::Socket::INET by IO::Socket::SSL, and in your case, this object does not contain a method binmode. That methods seems to be present in most SSL Perl package. Sorry, I know I'm not telling you anything more than what you already saw, but checking that there is no new SSL package for that Perl system is the only option I see. I don't have access to a ReadyNAS Ultra2 to check and running SSL on NAS has been a pain since the beginning with that plugin update I did. I have a Synology and that was a similar problem, hence I prefer to run LMS on a computer or a Pi

rowene
2015-10-17, 07:27
so I originally installed IO::Socket::SSL using the ReadyNAS package (apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl) which put version 1.01 of the library in

perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -le 'print $IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION'

on uninstalling that (apt-get remove libio-socket-ssl-perl) and loading it from cpan instead (cpan install IO::Socket::SSL) I get v2.020 which now works.

Many thanks - the YouTube plugin now works for me.....

What version of SSL are you using in your Perl distribution ? Obviously, LMS tries to set socket in binmode to do some seek (that's what I see in the LMS code). I've replaced the IO::Socket::INET by IO::Socket::SSL, and in your case, this object does not contain a method binmode. That methods seems to be present in most SSL Perl package. Sorry, I know I'm not telling you anything more than what you already saw, but checking that there is no new SSL package for that Perl system is the only option I see. I don't have access to a ReadyNAS Ultra2 to check and running SSL on NAS has been a pain since the beginning with that plugin update I did. I have a Synology and that was a similar problem, hence I prefer to run LMS on a computer or a Pi

Man in a van
2015-10-17, 07:37
I have just done an install of LMS on a rpi2 with raspbian Wheezy.

At first the plugin did not load and I tried

apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

but that did not work.

I googled about a bit and found a post (for e-mail or something on a debian pi)

sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl

This did work and the plugin installed.

Hope this is useful to some one.

Ronnie

philippe_44
2015-10-17, 12:29

but that did not work.

Ronnie

Thanks - I've added that instruction in the "settings" page and in the error message if SSL is not found at all

paulster
2015-10-17, 16:18
I've encountered a problem in my environment (7.8.1 server on Debian, Squeezelite clients) where every YouTube video I try to play seems to be 22.05kHz sampling rate, which LMS passes straight to Squeezelite, which in turn tries to pass straight to my DACs at that sampling rate, and none of my DACs supports this rate (all of them support 32kHz as the minimum rate).

Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have a solution? I'm loathe to compile resampling into my Squeezelite clients if I can avoid it, since they're running on fairly low-powered ARM hardware. My server has ample power to upsample, but then I'd want to make sure that every other rate in my library (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.1kHz, 96kHz, 176.2kHz and 192kHz) gets passed through untouched. I'd only be interested in upsampling rates below what my DACs can handle to that which the DACs support (so that would be 22.05kHz to 44.1kHz). I also have a couple of DACs that top out at 96kHz, so I need to ensure that these wouldn't lose the ability to automatically have 176.2kHz and 192kHz content downsampled automatically.

Anyone have any great ideas?

Thanks

doubleugk
2015-10-21, 02:51
Hi,
when saving selected YouTube songs as a playlist the song info is missing.
Is that caused by the plugin?

Cheers wgk

philippe_44
2015-10-24, 22:59
Hi,

Cheers wgk

I did a quick check and it was not missing. What can happen is that the metadata gathering is a background process that takes a while, so if you save the playlist before all data have been received, then some will miss

lopasilver
2015-10-25, 05:15
Just resolved this issue.. I upgraded to LMS 7.9.0 for the synology repack and everything worked great..
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*

Upgrade your LMS to 7.9.0: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*
Install/update the youtube plugin via the LMS settings page (repository was already linked???)
Activated your youtube "browser" key: https://console.developers.google.com/project
You might need to install ipkg and perl-io-socket-ssl if the above doesn't work: https://forum.synology.com/wiki/inde...trap,_ipkg_etc

Thanks for the summary, works like a charm on my Syno as soon as I get to 1) allow Youtube API and 2) to copy the key broswer and paste it in youtube LMS plugins settings.
No need to install ipkg on my side.
Hope it helps

pascal!
2015-10-27, 15:24
Hi all

I've installed this super plugin, but couldn't make it work :-(

On the configuration page "Advanced" "YouTube" I have to fill the following items:

Prefer Low Resolution
YouTube API access key.
Items per search
Country for categories
Channel identification tags
Playlist identification tags

What is mandatory ?

What to fill in YouTube API access key?

I went to Google Developers Console to get a key, but which key to enter? Client ID or Client secret?

I tried both, and in any case when I click Apply, the "YouTube API access key." return blank! Is this normal?

Could you give me some clues to make it work?
A summarize for this installation?

pascal!

SlimChances
2015-10-27, 15:55
I think this is what I did to get the key
Go to https://console.developers.google.com/project
(https://console.developers.google.com/project)
Create Project and give it a name
Go to Credentials
Add Credentials
Choose API Key then Browser Key
Click Create
Then enter the key on the plugin page
The other options on the plugin page are optional but you need a key

pascal!
2015-10-28, 13:57
I think this is what I did to get the key
Go to https://console.developers.google.com/project
(https://console.developers.google.com/project)
Create Project and give it a name
Go to Credentials
Add Credentials
Choose API Key then Browser Key
Click Create
Then enter the key on the plugin page
The other options on the plugin page are optional but you need a key

Thanks for the tip
I redo the installation because my issue was that the key was not saved in the configuration
I also redo a key as you said
It's ok by now

philippe_44
2015-10-28, 15:21
Hi,

Cheers wgk

You were right, the song informations were not updated and after the cache has expired, the playlist shows no icon, until you actually play it. I missed it because the cache is very long lasting and I did not have any YouTube track in any of my playlists before. It should be fixed in the dev repository now http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-youtube/files/dev/repo-sf.xml (I(ll wait a bit before pushing it to stable)

urmel
2015-11-04, 10:55

... links not allowed in my first post :( ...

Upgrade your LMS to 7.9.0: ... links not allowed in my first post :( ...
Activated your youtube "browser" key: ... links not allowed in my first post :( ...
You might need to install ipkg and perl-io-socket-ssl if the above doesn't work: ... links not allowed in my first post :( ...

Just registered to tell that (only) with these steps it now worked fine for me, too. Thanks!!

urmel

urmel
2015-11-04, 12:02
Hello again,

I have a small question after all: I have the impression, that the sound is a bit less loud / more quiet than a normal webradio.
Can anybody confirm this? Can I adjust volume?

Thank you, urmel

askvictor
2015-11-04, 14:12
Hi Folks,

I've thrown together an Android app which allows you to share from the Youtube app to a squeezebox server. It requires the Youtube plugin to be installed on the server. It's not well tested at this point, and doesn't have much error handling, but works in my setup at home. Source is available at https://github.com/askvictor/SendToSqueezebox - I'm not releasing to the Play store yet, but it should be easy to compile if you have Android Studio installed, or I've put an APK at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7uwbDSdawsJWGphRjFrN0U0QVk/view?usp=sharing

Feel free to add feature bug reports and feature requests to the github repo (or fork and make your own changes) :)

I've created a seperate forum thread for discussion about this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104572-Announce-SendToSqueezebox-Android-app

BrynClarke
2015-11-06, 10:00
Trying to catch up on this long thread with very limited tech knowledge. Running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 06:37:22 MDT 2012 on QNAP NAS TS119PII. Reluctant to upgrade LMS unless essential because of Digital-output mods manually edited into config files following another long thread.....

Added http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-youtube/files/dev/repo-sf.xml to additional repositories in plugin page, selected Youtobe, restarted, plugin shows in list (v0.37) but "plugin failed to load" .....

Advice gratefully received...

Man in a van
2015-11-06, 10:18
Trying to catch up on this long thread with very limited tech knowledge. Running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 06:37:22 MDT 2012 on QNAP NAS TS119PII. Reluctant to upgrade LMS unless essential because of Digital-output mods manually edited into config files following another long thread.....

Added http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-youtube/files/dev/repo-sf.xml to additional repositories in plugin page, selected Youtobe, restarted, plugin shows in list (v0.37) but "plugin failed to load" .....

Advice gratefully received...

You might need this Bryn,

perl-io-socket-ssl

look at the post just above about Synology NAS, #575, the qnap will most likely be the same.

If you back up the config files (what were the digital output mods that you did?) then you can reinstall them.

I think you can go up to v7.8.0. without file editing trickery.

I run LMS on a rpi b2 or Odroid C1+ now.

Good luck

Ronnie

BrynClarke
2015-11-06, 10:36
[QUOTE=Man in a van;835053]You might need this Bryn,

perl-io-socket-ssl ]
Many thanks, Ronnie
it was 3 years ago I b*gg*red around with config files almost on trial-and-error basis to help USB output from Touch in association with Triode's digital-output mods, lots of PM exchanges with SBGK etc.... not sure I left enough tracks even to know which files were edited - bad practice, I know! I'll have to wade through all the messages and list the files that were involved.
I guess my first step however is to get hold of perl-to-socket-ssl (would that stop the plugin loading?) Tempted to try that first before upgrading LMS. But where do I get it from and where do I put it/what do I do with it??
Thx
Bryn

Man in a van
2015-11-06, 11:42
Bryn, below are two examples, I know that Qnap Linux is different, you might have to install ipkg.

If some one who has done this on a Qnap would jump in and help that would be great, otherwise try the Qnap forums, or just google about with different search terms and see what you come up with.

My Nas is stored away and I can't get to it soon.

There is also a Qnap thread on the forum about SSODS/SSOTS (whatever)

Just buy a pi:p

Ronnie.

so I originally installed IO::Socket::SSL using the ReadyNAS package (apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl) which put version 1.01 of the library in

perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -le 'print $IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION'

on uninstalling that (apt-get remove libio-socket-ssl-perl) and loading it from cpan instead (cpan install IO::Socket::SSL) I get v2.020 which now works.

Many thanks - the YouTube plugin now works for me.....

but that did not work.

Ronnie

BrynClarke
2015-11-06, 18:50
Bryn, below are two examples, I know that Qnap Linux is different, you might have to install ipkg.

I have apparently installed perl via QPKG (web browser) but from my SCP command line, all the commands perl, apt-get, ipkg, sudo, apt-get just respond with "program not found". So I fall at the first hurdle. :-(

Yes if someone who knows QNAP NAS could help I'd be very grateful. Thanks anyway

philippe_44
2015-11-07, 00:05
I have apparently installed perl via QPKG (web browser) but from my SCP command line, all the commands perl, apt-get, ipkg, sudo, apt-get just respond with "program not found". So I fall at the first hurdle. :-(

Yes if someone who knows QNAP NAS could help I'd be very grateful. Thanks anyway

Earlier in this thread, another user posted that http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=810751&viewfull=1#post810751. There is also a follow-up message a few posts later. Be careful to only follow the part related to the QNAP SSL installation. All the rest regarding the plugin itself is not valid anymore as I've now integrated all the code into the new plugin for API v3

BrynClarke
2015-11-07, 10:01

If some one who has done this on a Qnap would jump in and help that would be great, otherwise try the Qnap forums, or just google about with different search terms and see what you come up with.

Ronnie.

So I foolishly just upgraded to the latest firmware on the NAS - QTS 4.2 - and everything is screwed. The NAS works but it apparently doesn't support SMB 1.0 (I'm still on Vista on my Windows machine), the LMS installation is not present (the files are still on the hard drive but SSOD/SSOTS appears not active and LMS is no longer listed as one of the supported packages...... I guess I will have to rebuild everything from scratch, but in the meantime maybe I can reinstall my previous QTS.... O woe o woe

Man in a van
2015-11-07, 10:06
So I foolishly just upgraded to the latest firmware on the NAS - QTS 4.2 - and everything is screwed. The NAS works but it apparently doesn't support SMB 1.0 (I'm still on Vista on my Windows machine), the LMS installation is not present (the files are still on the hard drive but SSOD/SSOTS appears not active and LMS is no longer listed as one of the supported packages...... I guess I will have to rebuild everything from scratch, but in the meantime maybe I can reinstall my previous QTS.... O woe o woe

are you in the uk?

All is not lost, you can can still install LMS (it's been removed because of a security panic, but work arounds are available).

do you have a back up of all your files on the NAS?

BrynClarke
2015-11-08, 10:35

Phew reverted to QTS 4.1, reconfigured a couple of things, all back to normal. All above was because I was trying to get hold of IPKG to follow the instructions kindly provided by others. So if someone could advise what I need to do to make "ipkg" command work on my QNAP TS119PII, I'll be on my way and trouble the forum no more - I hope! As ever, extremely grateful for those who take the time to provide help and guidance on this forum

BrynClarke
2015-11-08, 10:40
are you in the uk?

All is not lost, you can can still install LMS (it's been removed because of a security panic, but work arounds are available).

do you have a back up of all your files on the NAS?

Hi yes am in the UK and back on QTS 4.1 so LMS working again, but it would be grand to know what I need to do to reinstall LMS if and when I upgrade to QTS 4.2 (then it will be - upgrade LMS to latest version, reinstall Triode's EDO and Soundcheck's TT 3.0, and apply tweaks to various parameters as done previously following various forum posts and PM conversations. I think I have backups of all the various config files etc. If not, I'll take them NOW before going any further.

So - how to re-install LMS following QTS upgrade?
Thanks in advance
Bryn

Man in a van
2015-11-08, 11:28
Hi yes am in the UK and back on QTS 4.1 so LMS working again, but it would be grand to know what I need to do to reinstall LMS if and when I upgrade to QTS 4.2 (then it will be - upgrade LMS to latest version, reinstall Triode's EDO and Soundcheck's TT 3.0, and apply tweaks to various parameters as done previously following various forum posts and PM conversations. I think I have backups of all the various config files etc. If not, I'll take them NOW before going any further.

So - how to re-install LMS following QTS upgrade?
Thanks in advance
Bryn

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=install+ipkg+on+qnap+nas

Man in a van
2015-11-08, 11:32
Bryn, I would like to help a bit more but my qnap is stored away.

I'll get it next weekend and have a go.

If you are really stuck pm your address and I'll stick a rpi in the post, this will keep you going until your sorted.

Ronnie.

Ps, I'd forget the soundcheck stuff and just keep in simple.

there is I believe a conflict between Triode's EDO and MR Soundchecks ideas (which he no longer supports, but probabley still endorses).

How do you use the EDO?

Man in a van
2015-11-08, 13:35
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=113715

Bryn, if you look over on the Qnap forum there are several posts about updating LMS.

If you look in the SSODs thread here there are also several posts about updating.

I know one can go up to v.7.8.0 without trickery (maybe v.7.8.1 as well).

From an old post I have found

As TiredLegs says you need to install v7.7.2 before doing anything, actually, BACK UP ALL YOUR DATA FIRST.

Perhaps make sure that the Qnap firmware is up to date and working, then install LMS with all your apps and favourites etc. and confirm it works OK.

Then decide which version of LMS you want to upgrade to and Download the file to the Public folder on the Qnap, use firefox to download as windows sometimes renames the file extension.

Enter the Public folder and rename the downloaded file to squeezeboxserver...........

Then open SSOTS in a new tab, use the Qnap IP address with :9099

click on the Stop tab and then the Tools tab.

If you just want v7.8.0 or (I think this is OK, v7.8.1 nightly) follow the instructions and navigate to the file and install.

Give me a contact if you want v7.9. nightly.

Good luck and remember to BACK UP

oh and download WinScp, you may need it.

scala
2015-11-08, 13:55

You have first to install Optware. This was formerly available as a QPKG directly from the QNAP web interface, but it was removed due to some safety issues. You cans see how to download it in this other forum: http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=30730 in the second post, and then install it manually from the QNAP App Center.

Then you can follow the procedure in post http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=810751&viewfull=1#post810751

scala
2015-11-08, 14:17
In my case, the installation of the plugin goes fine without errors in the log, however I am unable to run it, a problem reminding something mentioned earlier http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=831557&viewfull=1#post831557.
I created a browser key following the guide found a few post ago. The server log says:

[15-11-08 21:42:35.7920] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [21:42:35.7899] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyDqvxu8GQpjRbAzXU8jh8YWLT3p913iZhM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=norman&regionCode=FR&relevanceLanguage=FR&type=video",
"Connect timed out: ",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
) at /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 162.
[15-11-08 21:42:35.7945] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) Connect timed out:
[15-11-08 21:42:35.7980] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [21:42:35.7960] EV: error in callback (ignoring): Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
[15-11-08 21:42:57.5366] Slim::Display::Display::string (894) Error: missing string RADIOIO
[15-11-08 21:42:57.5403] Slim::Display::Display::string (894) Backtrace:
frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Display/Display.pm line 894)
frame 1: Slim::Display::Display::string (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Player/Player.pm line 200)
frame 2: Slim::Player::Player::string (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Utils/Strings.pm line 507)
frame 3: Slim::Utils::Strings::clientString (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Menu/SystemInfo.pm line 443)
frame 4: Slim::Menu::SystemInfo::infoPlugins (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Menu/Base.pm line 172)
frame 5: (eval) (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Menu/Base.pm line 172)
frame 6: Slim::Menu::Base::addItem (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Menu/Base.pm line 142)
frame 7: Slim::Menu::Base::menu (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/Settings/Server/Status.pm line 33)
frame 8: Slim::Web::Settings::Server::Status::handler (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1132)
frame 9: Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 930)
frame 10: Slim::Web::HTTP::processURL (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 734)
frame 11: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 139)
frame 12: (eval) (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 123)
frame 13: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184)
frame 14: (eval) (/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184)
frame 15: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 708)
frame 16: main::idle (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 658)
frame 17: main::main (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 1192)

If I put into my browser the url that appears in the error log I get:

{
{
}
],
}
}

I don't know if this helps in debugging. I tried several country codes without success. I live in the French-speaking part of Switzerland, and my QNAP NAS (OS 4.1.4) is set to French as well as my LMS 7.8.1.

philippe_44
2015-11-13, 01:06
In my case, the installation of the plugin goes fine without errors in the log, however I am unable to run it, a problem reminding something mentioned earlier http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=831557&viewfull=1#post831557.
I created a browser key following the guide found a few post ago. The server log says:

If I put into my browser the url that appears in the error log I get:

{
{
}
],
}
}

I don't know if this helps in debugging. I tried several country codes without success. I live in the French-speaking part of Switzerland, and my QNAP NAS (OS 4.1.4) is set to French as well as my LMS 7.8.1.

You have not activated properly the key usage in the Google developer console - see the 403 message

TheLastMan
2015-11-14, 11:51
An updated version for this plugin is available, 0.37.1
What does this update? If it ain't broke, should I fix it?

BTW,great plugin, my kids in particular think it is great.

scala
2015-11-14, 13:35
You have not activated properly the key usage in the Google developer console - see the 403 message

I created a new key and now server startup has no errors - thanks!
However, as soon as I start a search on youtube I get a very similar error message:

[15-11-14 21:24:44.7384] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [21:24:44.7365] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyBmf8HNcjFixejceN-ymjeSQswRtR8xWdM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=abba&regionCode=CH&relevanceLanguage=FR&type=video",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
) at /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 162.
[15-11-14 21:24:44.7407] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) Connect timed out:
[15-11-14 21:24:44.7509] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Plugin::OPMLBased::__ANON__]: [Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
]
And when I paste the url in a browser I get the same error message as earlier. I don't understand what I should do with google APIs: if I obtain a browser key, why is access not configured? What other step should I do?
Any other suggestion?

philippe_44
2015-11-14, 13:43
I created a new key and now server startup has no errors - thanks!
However, as soon as I start a search on youtube I get a very similar error message:

[15-11-14 21:24:44.7384] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [21:24:44.7365] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyBmf8HNcjFixejceN-ymjeSQswRtR8xWdM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=abba&regionCode=CH&relevanceLanguage=FR&type=video",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
[15-11-14 21:24:44.7407] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) Connect timed out:
[15-11-14 21:24:44.7509] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Plugin::OPMLBased::__ANON__]: [Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
]
And when I past the url in a browser I get the same error message as earlier. I don't understand what I should do with google APIs: if I obtain a browser key, why is access not configured? What other step should I do?
Any other suggestion?

I think this is still the same problem - copy/paste the query in your web browser and you'll see. You need, on google web site, to enable that key. See the message

}

scala
2015-11-14, 14:00
Got it!
I finally found the google page where to activate the various APIs
Now I have the following activated:
...but still the same error message even after shutdown/restart. Any other APIs that I should activate?
Thanks!

scala
2015-11-14, 14:29
There is definitely a change however: if I paste the url https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyBmf8HNcjFixejceN-ymjeSQswRtR8xWdM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=abba&regionCode=CH&relevanceLanguage=FR&type=video directly into the browser I no longer get any error message, it seems all is working fine:

{
"kind": "youtube#searchListResponse",
"etag": "\"mPrpS7Nrk6Ggi_P7VJ8-KsEOiIw/KQ60VEIig5z6Aze-NYzPZXFxhig\"",
"nextPageToken": "CDIQAA",
"pageInfo": {
"totalResults": 1000000,
"resultsPerPage": 50
},
"items": [
{
"kind": "youtube#searchResult",
"etag": "\"mPrpS7Nrk6Ggi_P7VJ8-KsEOiIw/-cpI0I-NrDZaSGDKALsUdL6TB0k\"",
"id": {
"kind": "youtube#video",
"videoId": "RNnAIBW32L4"
},
"snippet": {
"publishedAt": "2015-09-05T13:31:10.000Z",
"channelId": "UCbkyEyzTs8KpcHuOnnaqD-g",
"title": "ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits Full Album",
"description": "No copyright infringement is intended! All credit goes to ABBA. NOT my music! Purchased off of iTunes.",
"thumbnails": {
"default": {
"url": "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RNnAIBW32L4/default.jpg"
},
"medium": {
"url": "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RNnAIBW32L4/mqdefault.jpg"
},
"high": {
"url": "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RNnAIBW32L4/hqdefault.jpg"
}
},
"channelTitle": "",
"liveBroadcastContent": "none"
}
},
And goes on for many and many lines.
However, I still have the error message posted above in my server.log

philippe_44
2015-11-14, 15:16
There is definitely a change however: if I paste the url https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=AIzaSyBmf8HNcjFixejceN-ymjeSQswRtR8xWdM&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=abba&regionCode=CH&relevanceLanguage=FR&type=video directly into the browser I no longer get any error message, it seems all is working fine:

And goes on for many and many lines.
However, I still have the error message posted above in my server.log

What platform are you running onto ? You might have one of the SSL issues

philippe_44
2015-11-14, 16:22
An updated version for this plugin is available, 0.37.1
What does this update? If it ain't broke, should I fix it?

BTW,great plugin, my kids in particular think it is great.

Well, it's kind of broke in a sense that some videos with encrypted signature stopped to work a few days ago. Seems that the JavaScript syntax has changed and the unobfuscating script was not detected anymore. I tried to fix that (best I could, as this part is not my code) and it works now, but I've done it in a way where the old method is tried first and if it fails, the new one is attempted, so there should be no regression (as usual with software ...).

PS: if you download the zipfile, there is a CHANGELOG file in it that at each release lists the updates

lopasilver
2015-11-15, 05:20
Version 0.37.1 working fine on Synology DS213 [w/ DMS 5.2-5644] on LMS 7.9 (official Syno beta package 7.9.0 - 1433513811 @ Mon Jun 8 04:20:15 UTC 2015). No SSL install needed and no issue.

I first remove the plugin before updating because LMS is asking for reboot each time I go to Settings/plugins. But Youtube plugin is not the culprit for this, (maybe a LMS 7.9 bug ? or a cache file(s) issue ?)

Merci Philippe 44 (pour ce super boulot)

TheLastMan
2015-11-15, 06:38
Thanks Phil, works fine now on Syno 214 with latest 5.x firmware (forget the number, but not the 6 beta), LMS 7.9 repack from Pinkdot.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

nervoteso
2015-11-19, 15:40
just installed youtube plugin it says "Missing YouTube API key (see settings)"

now it says SSL required

Man in a van
2015-11-20, 02:43

now it says SSL required

on what is LMS installed?

nervoteso
2015-11-20, 09:51
on what is LMS installed?

qnap ts-119

Man in a van
2015-11-21, 04:03

now it says SSL required

qnap ts-119

Ronnie.

These might help, there is a thread somewhere with a few screen shots, I'll try and find it

Ronnie

nervoteso
2015-11-21, 04:24
These might help, there is a thread somewhere with a few screen shots, I'll try and find it

Ronnie

thanks.

anyway i've tried to install youtube pluging on windows 7 (lms 7.2.2) but it doesnt 'work. it appears youtube menu but if i click on them nothing happens (connecting....)

Man in a van
2015-11-21, 04:30
thanks.

anyway i've tried to install youtube pluging on windows 7 (lms 7.2.2) but it doesnt 'work. it appears youtube menu but if i click on them nothing happens (connecting....)

have you got the api key?

Edit:
Really should update the LMS to v.7.9.0

nervoteso
2015-11-21, 06:21
have you got the api key?

Edit:
Really should update the LMS to v.7.9.0

yes i got the api.

i would prefer not update cos i read somewhere that updating on qnap could make problems on qnap about position of folders

Man in a van
2015-11-21, 06:57
yes i got the api.

i would prefer not update cos i read somewhere that updating on qnap could make problems on qnap about position of folders

answered on your new thread

Ronnie

SlimChances
2015-11-21, 08:17
yes i got the api.

and you inserted the api key in LMS under Youtube plugin settings?

nervoteso
2015-11-21, 19:03
and you inserted the api key in LMS under Youtube plugin settings?

yes i did. but then it says SSL misses

philippe_44
2015-11-21, 22:04
yes i did. but then it says SSL misses

if you look 2 pages back, you'll find a discussion on QNAP. It gears toward this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?87731-Announce-YouTube-Plugin&p=810751&viewfull=1#post810751

daumar
2015-11-24, 03:36
Hi all,

I played with the plugin for quite some time on my Synology and could not get it to work for weeks.

Just yesterday I got it to work. I would like to share that with you for those, who face similar issues

My system runs DSM 5.2-5644 Update 1 on a DS213.
The LMS library has around 35000 tracks, no videos or images and I am using a bunch of duet players in two groups.
I am using ipeng or the web interface to control the system

issue
After installing the plugin over LMS 7.7 I could search for tracks and see them with images in the result list. When playing nothing happend on the web interface and ipeng shows a toast message with "no stream"

Solution
Philippe mentioned that the issue is with the SSL support. I am not so much of a techie and could not use any of the telnet command lines I saw in this thread to install libs manually nor did I find a package that I could use for installation.

1. I completely uninstalled the LMS 7.x
2. Then I reinstalled it from the 7.9.0 repack that you can find earlier in this thread.
3. I installed the plugin over it and maintained the API key that I had generated earlier.
4. I opened the protocol center of the Synology. under "Protokollempfang" (not sure how that is in english, protocol reception?) I activated BSD with TCP and checked the SSL checkbox. I left the port to 514 which is the default.
5. Restart of everything (incl rescan of the music library) and it worked.

Just to point out: I did not install anything specific to SSL manually on my machine.

cheers
Martin

scala
2015-12-03, 03:40
What platform are you running onto ? You might have one of the SSL issues

Indeed, I had a configuration problem with missing Mozilla::CA certificates. I repeated all installation procedure from the earlier post #328 and all works like a charm!

Thanks!

doubleugk
2015-12-21, 06:13
Has someone experienced this type of error when starting a youtube link from a playlist. The error occurs i.e. youtube://www.youtube.com/v/QK8mJJJvaes
Other entries are working fine.

cannot load player code: Could not find JS function 'gr' at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\P lugins\YouTube\JSInterp.pm line 403

This information only pops up on my radio devices or within iPeng, not in the web interface neither in the server logs, even in debug mode for the plugin.

ken baby
2015-12-22, 06:38
Hi I've the same issue with almost all videos.
Could not find JS function 'gr' on a Raspberry pi (raspbian Whezzy)
LMS 7.8.0 Youtube 0.37.2

ken baby
2015-12-22, 07:54
Hi here is the solution I found to correct this bug. It worked for me.

around line 393 of
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/JSInterp.pm
you find this code

sub extract_function {
my ($self, $depth, $funcname) = @_;
$self->progress($depth, "--", "Extract $funcname");
my $args;
my $code;
# ADD a "," in this line HERE
if (($self->{code} =~ /(?:function\s+\Q$funcname\E|[{;,]\Q$funcname\E\s*=\s*function)\s*
\(([^)]*)\)\s*
\{([^}]+)\}/x)) {
$args = $1;
$code = $2;

add a colon "," under the HERE word I added in the code (as comment)
so just after the first ; of the if

restart logitechMediaServer and try to play your youtube url. it worked for me

Snyder
2015-12-22, 08:54
Hi here is the solution I found to correct this bug. It worked for me.

add a colon "," under the HERE word I added in the code (as comment)
so just after the first ; of the if

restart logitechMediaServer and try to play your youtube url. it worked for me

I have the same issue. Adding "," did not help. I惴 getting an error: No stream found

Madoma73
2015-12-22, 10:59
Hello,
I have a very weird issue....
I use LMS ( v7.9 on a synology ) which is connected to two squeezebox touch.
I'm able through the LMS interface to make youtube queries and play the music I choose.
When I make the same query on the squeezebox touch, I have same results but when I select a music to play, it will play a totaly different music.

Does anybody already seen that, have a way to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

philippe_44
2015-12-22, 16:15
I have the same issue. Adding "," did not help. I惴 getting an error: No stream found

This is fixed in 0.37.4 (you might have to add manually the stable repo, until Michael is able to run the built-in repo update) here https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/repo-sf.xml

TBH, I don't know how long I'll be able to continue playing mouse & cat with these changes. If somebody with better skills than me on that topic (this is Perl translation of the Python code here https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl) could provide a more generic solution, that would be great. All I'm doing now if following the changes there

mherger
2015-12-22, 21:26
> This is fixed in 0.37.3 (you might have to add manually the stable repo,
> until Michael is able to run the built-in repo update) here

I need to set up some automated job for this...

--

Michael

ken baby
2015-12-23, 02:29

did you already try this mod : Add the line marked with a + (do not add the + itself) in /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/ProtocolHandlers.pm (for Debian versions)

sudo nano /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/ProtocolHandlers.pm
add the https line in this code (around line 23)

my %protocolHandlers = (
file => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::File),
http => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTP),
+ https => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTP),
icy => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTP),
mms => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::MMS),
spdr => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::SqueezePlayDirect),

Pokersut
2015-12-23, 10:53
First of all: Thanks for taking on the task of updating this plugin - it used to be a favourite of mine!

I have just installed the latest version (0.37.4) on LMS running on a Synology NAS, but can't make it work - when I search, the operation times out after a while and gives me a "Page not found" (on the web interface).

I have generated and added an API-key and restarted LMS. Is there anything I could try - or will it not work on a NAS...?

Mikkel

philippe_44
2015-12-23, 23:47
First of all: Thanks for taking on the task of updating this plugin - it used to be a favourite of mine!

I have just installed the latest version (0.37.4) on LMS running on a Synology NAS, but can't make it work - when I search, the operation times out after a while and gives me a "Page not found" (on the web interface).

I have generated and added an API-key and restarted LMS. Is there anything I could try - or will it not work on a NAS...?

Mikkel

Maybe an SSL problem (this is pretty frequent with some NAS). In this thread, there are a few advices on how to add the right packages depending on your NAS type.

gegen
2015-12-24, 00:17
Hello,
I have a very weird issue....
I use LMS ( v7.9 on a synology ) which is connected to two squeezebox touch.
I'm able through the LMS interface to make youtube queries and play the music I choose.
When I make the same query on the squeezebox touch, I have same results but when I select a music to play, it will play a totaly different music.

Does anybody already seen that, have a way to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Had the same issue on LMS 7.9 and on my setup changing the 'Defeat destructive Touch-To-Play' (per player) setting to 'Do not defeat' fixed it....(will mean though that you won't be prompted to play when you select a track or stream it will just play). It's on the settings>player page in the web ui....drove me mad for ages ;)

Pete_G
2015-12-24, 05:20
OK.. new member to this forum... over the years I've found some really helpful stuff... but now I am stumped. Windows 7. Logitech Media Server Version: 7.8.0 - 1395409907 YouTube plugin v 0.3.74. I cant get the plugin to work... from my logs:

15-12-24 10:28:37.1566] main::init (368) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.0, 1395409907, Thu Mar 27 20:19:17 CUT 2014) perl 5.014001
[15-12-24 10:44:18.8189] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://..........(removed)].

I get this 471 issue on all YouTube files I try to play.

Can anyone help... please

Sorry if posted in the wrong place

Pokersut
2015-12-24, 16:04
Maybe an SSL problem (this is pretty frequent with some NAS). In this thread, there are a few advices on how to add the right packages depending on your NAS type.

I have SSL enabled in Synology's Disk Station Manager - are you saying that is not enough?

Do I need to install the specific SSL-package mentioned in this thread (using ipkg, I assume)?

Mikkel

philippe_44
2015-12-24, 16:15
Probably - SSL support in the syno package is probably not enough as you need also a few packages in Perl.

Snyder
2015-12-27, 08:47
did you already try this mod : Add the line marked with a + (do not add the + itself) in /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/ProtocolHandlers.pm (for Debian versions)

sudo nano /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/ProtocolHandlers.pm
add the https line in this code (around line 23)

my %protocolHandlers = (
file => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::File),
http => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTP),
+ https => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTP),
icy => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::HTTP),
mms => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::MMS),
spdr => qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::SqueezePlayDirect),

Many thanks, the https line was already there. I have the latest version of LMS installed and also the latest you tube plugin version v0.37.4.
I am still getting the error: no streams found

Sometimes I get a crackling noise. Changing the "Defeat destructive Touch-To-Play" settings also didn't help.

philippe_44
2015-12-28, 09:36
Many thanks, the https line was already there. I have the latest version of LMS installed and also the latest you tube plugin version v0.37.4.
I am still getting the error: no streams found

Sometimes I get a crackling noise. Changing the "Defeat destructive Touch-To-Play" settings also didn't help.

Go into the setting pages of LMS, advanced, in the drop down box at the left select 'logging' and there find "youtube" and set it to 'info'. Then try to searc/play and post here the server log extract

Snyder
2015-12-28, 13:34
Go into the setting pages of LMS, advanced, in the drop down box at the left select 'logging' and there find "youtube" and set it to 'info'. Then try to searc/play and post here the server log extract

Here is the server log extract:

http://pastebin.com/emPE5Epu

I have crossed out the youtube API key. Any ideas?

philippe_44
2015-12-28, 14:05
Here is the server log extract:

http://pastebin.com/emPE5Epu

I have crossed out the youtube API key. Any ideas?

Is your key a YouTube Data API, Browser key ?

Snyder
2015-12-29, 02:01
Is your key a YouTube Data API, Browser key ?

It is supposed to be the YouTube DATA API Browser key. When I wanted to double check this in Google's Developer Console, I realized that the API Key overview could not be loaded.

It seems that there is something messed up with my API Key. I will check this with the Google customer support. As soos as I will have received a feedback, I will get back to you.

This is actually good news, because if it is really a matter of the API key we don愒 have an issue with the LMS or the youtube plugin. :D

Man in a van
2015-12-29, 07:31
It seems that there is something messed up with my API Key. I will check this with the Google customer support. As soos as I will have received a feedback, I will get back to you.

:D

Might be quicker to just start a "new" project and get a fresh key, 10 minutes max.

Ronnie.

Snyder
2015-12-29, 09:12
Might be quicker to just start a "new" project and get a fresh key, 10 minutes max.

Ronnie.

Before I contacted the Google support, I had tried to create a new project, but there had been the same issue with the new project. I guess I can愒 do anything else but waiting for Google愀 support team to investigate this.:(

Man in a van
2015-12-29, 09:45
Before I contacted the Google support, I had tried to create a new project, but there had been the same issue with the new project. I guess I can愒 do anything else but waiting for Google愀 support team to investigate this.:(

I have a possible solution: "Incoming!!"

pippin
2015-12-29, 11:18
Just make sure to not tell Google what you want the key for!

Snyder
2015-12-29, 13:08
Just make sure to not tell Google what you want the key for!

Dont愒 worry, J顤g. I didn't!

I got a working API key now.

Thanks to the google support team and also thanks to the support of "Man in a Van" :-)

The Youtube Plugin does not seem to be able to play every song on youtube. It works fine for maybe round about 70% of my search results. For the remaining 30% the metadata is complete but the streams were not found or played.

Aleksander
2016-01-13, 09:54
Hi All,

I keep struggling with the stream quality. It doesn't matter if I have it set to "prefer low" in settings or not, it still sounds crappy :)
Server (7.9.0) on Windows 7, Youtube Plugin version: 0.37.4.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Wondering if it's a local transcoding issue or maybe the plugin selects the lower quality bitrate for some reason.
Note - I have no issues with bandwidth etc...

pippin
2016-01-13, 13:30
Isn't that just what YouTube is like?
I mean... they do have crappy sound quality.

Aleksander
2016-01-13, 13:46
Isn't that just what YouTube is like?
I mean... they do have crappy sound quality.

LOL, agreed, but in my case it sounds like 64kbps :). Really bad comparing to the sound I'm getting directly from the same source video played on my PC :(.

pippin
2016-01-13, 15:03
Sure? Have you fed that audio (from the PC) to the same speakers?
I mean... For most videos 64kbps is probably what it actually is....

Aleksander
2016-01-13, 16:06
Absolutely... Tested:
1. Via my Boom's speakers - noticeable issue with high frequencies - like very compressed mp3
2. Via boom headset output with Sennheiser HD 380 Pro - same thing
3. Via SB Classic on my DIY speakers (generally high quality components, such as Seas Excel W26FX001 drivers etc.) - even worse, LOL

Same video played via crappy laptop's stock headset output on Sennheiser HD 380 Pro headset sounds OK (acceptable Youtube crapiness level :) ).

To add:

I just went to this tool: http://www.h3xed.com/blogmedia/youtube-info.php and tested the video I tried to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtQUJMBH8uE.
Under "stream maps" section it shows various itags. And, as per logs from the server, the plugin selects the one with 5 :).
Which is "small quality" type "video/x-flv"

Alex

Aleksander
2016-01-15, 06:22
So, after playing a bit more with logs created by the plugin, it seems like the stream I'm getting is 64kbps with 22,050 Hz sampling rate :). (I fed the stream link from logs into VLC and checked under "media information".
Therefore, my question would be - is it by design, or do I miss the point? Am I the only one moaning here? :)

paulster
2016-01-15, 10:53
So, after playing a bit more with logs created by the plugin, it seems like the stream I'm getting is 64kbps with 22,050 Hz sampling rate :). (I fed the stream link from logs into VLC and checked under "media information".
Therefore, my question would be - is it by design, or do I miss the point? Am I the only one moaning here? :)

Your findings align with mine, but what I don't know is if that's the maximum YouTube supports (in other words are its quality settings just for the video resolution?), or whether the plugin isn't getting the highest quality audio feed possible.

Aleksander
2016-01-16, 13:33
Your findings align with mine, but what I don't know is if that's the maximum YouTube supports (in other words are its quality settings just for the video resolution?), or whether the plugin isn't getting the highest quality audio feed possible.

I tried to feed the mp4 "high quality" stream into VLC from the link generated by that tool I mention in my post above, and the sample rate shows up at 41KHz... So, clearly the plugin only process the lower quality FLV stream. Perhaps somebody with better knowledge can comment on the way the plugin behaves and what is the logic contained in protocol handler. Again - no criticism from my side, just curious and wanted to avoid unnecessary troubleshooting. Wondering why nobody ever highlighted the stream quality issue from this plugin... I assume ppl use it to listen to the music... Of course, agree Youtube sound is not an "audiophile" experience, but comparing the stream from 1080p video on PC and same video played with 64kbps and 20KHz sample rate from plugin it's not too much use for me...

TeraX
2016-01-17, 01:43

But I have one question.

Best Regards
TeraX

I create a post before some months (09/19/2015) that in some situations the quality is not good enogh...

Best Regards
TeraX

philippe_44
2016-01-17, 21:37
Absolutely... Tested:
I just went to this tool: http://www.h3xed.com/blogmedia/youtube-info.php and tested the video I tried to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtQUJMBH8uE.
Under "stream maps" section it shows various itags. And, as per logs from the server, the plugin selects the one with 5 :).
Which is "small quality" type "video/x-flv"

Alex

The plugin only decodes FLV stream (5, 34, 35). Porting it to YouTube API v3 already caused me a lot of headaches, so I don't feel currently like adding mp4 processing (you need to demux streams, and I did that for a HLS plugin, this was painful ...). Maybe one day, as it sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm working one something else currently. As usual, all source code is available if somebody else want to take the challenge :)

Aleksander
2016-01-18, 02:22
The plugin only decodes FLV stream (5, 34, 35). Porting it to YouTube API v3 already caused me a lot of headaches, so I don't feel currently like adding mp4 processing (you need to demux streams, and I did that for a HLS plugin, this was painful ...). Maybe one day, as it sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm working one something else currently. As usual, all source code is available if somebody else want to take the challenge :)

Thanks for clarifying! :)

mh_
2016-01-24, 01:39

Thank you for your effort, Philippe. I'm looking forward for an update for this plugin to handle MP4 streams. Maybe you could specify in steps what has to be done (except demuxing streams) for implementing it? Maybe it would make it easier for someone to take over and do it.

philippe_44
2016-01-24, 23:20
Most of the work is the demux. The rest is already isolated into a callback function that needs to return audio samples when called. The parsing of the URL to find and select stream types already exists, just add in a list the types you want to accept and you'll receive them. It's really about the demux ... so if somebody wants to write in Perl a function that receives a MP4 byte flow and spit in return the audio part, I'll be happy to integrate it.

MrWichtig
2016-02-01, 05:27

HI,

i would like to install the ssl perl for synology NAS as well, and i tried some commands which were noticed in the posts but it didn't worked :-(

- i connect with "putty" and login to synology NAS
- then i tried "apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl" and "sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl".......but nothing happened.... i got following message from NAS

Feedback NAS:
-ash: apt-get: not found

Feedback NAS:
-ash: sudo: not found

anyone who can help me?

thx!

Pokersut
2016-02-09, 14:26
Probably - SSL support in the syno package is probably not enough as you need also a few packages in Perl.

So, I finally managed to get ipkg installed on my DS-413, and when I did "install perl-io-socket-ssl", it installed a number of packages. Alas, it has not solved my problem - I still cannot search for anything, it just times out.

What is curious is that playback actually works! I have a few songs in the "Recently played" list, and those work! So it appears that it is only the search function that is broken - but that is also an essential part of this plugin.

Any ideas?

Mikkel

tmp_t1
2016-02-10, 02:05
Ohoh... it seems at my place that youtube playback is broken again?
Can someone confirm?

[16-02-10 09:55:17.6438] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::open (63) Couldn't create socket binding to with timeout: 10 - Connection timed out
[16-02-10 09:55:17.6466] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open

SlimChances
2016-02-10, 06:21
Ohoh... it seems at my place that youtube playback is broken again?
Can someone confirm?

[16-02-10 09:55:17.6438] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::open (63) Couldn't create socket binding to with timeout: 10 - Connection timed out
[16-02-10 09:55:17.6466] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open

You Tube still working here

tmp_t1
2016-02-10, 11:37
You Tube still working here

Pfeh... here it works again too.
Strange hickup earlier today.
Thank you.

MAlgol
2016-02-11, 09:52
I seem to be having some trouble installing this plugin, can't find a link.
If its the YouTube-plugin thats already in my Plugin list (author Triode + Philippe for API v3) version 0.37.4. All I get is that it shows up as "Updated plugin available" but I cant to update it. I select it and click apply but all that happens is a restart and then its still in the list.

I might be a massive noob though, it has been said before.

seb303
2016-02-13, 04:19
I seem to be having some trouble installing this plugin, can't find a link.
If its the YouTube-plugin thats already in my Plugin list (author Triode + Philippe for API v3) version 0.37.4. All I get is that it shows up as "Updated plugin available" but I cant to update it. I select it and click apply but all that happens is a restart and then its still in the list.

I have exactly the same problem here. And if I set the LMS to auto-update plugins then it just keeps wanting to reboot continuously.

philippe_44
2016-02-13, 10:11
I have exactly the same problem here. And if I set the LMS to auto-update plugins then it just keeps wanting to reboot continuously.

There is (was) a problem with sourceforge-based repositories (like mine is). Please chaneg the YouTube repo link to

development version: http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-youtube/dev/repo-sf.xml
stable version http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/repo-sf.xml

Or wait a bit till the 3rd party repositoy has been updated

seb303
2016-02-13, 10:28
Thanks Philippe. However, I'm not seeing the YouTube plugin in either of those repositories.

I see ...

Philippe's LMS Plugins
- Chomecast bridge
- Pluzz
- UPnP/DLNA bridge.

Philippe's YouTube plugin - development
no plugins listed

I guess because I still have the YouTube plugin needing an update.

I'm quite new to LMS, so maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see a way to uninstall the version of the YouTube plugin that is failing to update, so I can then install from your repositories.

Seb

philippe_44
2016-02-13, 10:57
Thanks Philippe. However, I'm not seeing the YouTube plugin in either of those repositories.

I see ...

Philippe's LMS Plugins
- Chomecast bridge
- Pluzz
- UPnP/DLNA bridge.

Philippe's YouTube plugin - development
no plugins listed

I guess because I still have the YouTube plugin needing an update.

I'm quite new to LMS, so maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see a way to uninstall the version of the YouTube plugin that is failing to update, so I can then install from your repositories.

Seb

No, you're correct. Allow some time for the 3rd party repository to be updated. You can erase the whole LMS directory and then add my repositories directly on the fresh setup (I tried and that works), but that means loosing all your configuration, not a happy thing

seb303
2016-02-13, 13:05
You can erase the whole LMS directory and then add my repositories directly on the fresh setup (I tried and that works), but that means loosing all your configuration, not a happy thing

Ok, thanks.

I must admit, I'm a little mystified about how the LMS stores the installed plugins.
The only file I could find that looked relevant was C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\plugin\extensions. prefs

I found an entry "YouTube: 1" which I removed, and this seemed to remove the YouTube plugin. But when I add it back from either one of your repositories, I get the same problem with it not updating/enabling.

Anyway, I shall wait a while!

Cheers,
Seb

Jeff07971
2016-02-15, 14:55
Ok, thanks.

I must admit, I'm a little mystified about how the LMS stores the installed plugins.
The only file I could find that looked relevant was C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\plugin\extensions. prefs

I found an entry "YouTube: 1" which I removed, and this seemed to remove the YouTube plugin. But when I add it back from either one of your repositories, I get the same problem with it not updating/enabling.

Anyway, I shall wait a while!

Cheers,
Seb

Hi Philippe

I think that your Youtube plugin is being affected (I'm assuming) by the move to https on sourceforge Mentioned in posts about your LMS to Cast Plugins

[16-02-15 21:20:26.1848] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::install (159) install - downloading YouTube from http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/YouTube-0.37.4.zip
[16-02-15 21:20:26.9911] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::_downloadError (217) unable to download YouTube from http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/YouTube-0.37.4.zip - 404 Not Found

If you try to install it you're just asked to restart over and over again

Jeff

MAlgol
2016-02-17, 03:42
Well it didn't work at first but now I get a YouTube App in my Apps but when I click on it it say I need an API key (see settings) but I cant find any settings for the plugin.

Jeff07971
2016-02-17, 05:51
Well it didn't work at first but now I get a YouTube App in my Apps but when I click on it it say I need an API key (see settings) but I cant find any settings for the plugin.

Look under "Advanced"

Jeff

MAlgol
2016-02-17, 08:08
Look under "Advanced"

Jeff

Excellent. Working as good as Id hoped.
Thank you =)

tiggert
2016-02-21, 16:38
I seem to have a problem with the API key.
I spent a few hours reading most of this thread.
But my searches don't work on the plugin (all of them time out) and when I go to "recently played" it fails to play (timer starts a few times for a few seconds then back to zero and then I get "no more streams".

I enabled the log and I see (I've removed the key):
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5045] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [23:27:48.4991] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?key= <key removed>&id=OB4MsmL2q1A&maxResults=50&part=snippet%2CcontentDetails&regionCode=US",
"403 Forbidden",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"403 Forbidden",
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5116] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 403 Forbidden
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5182] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (724) 403 Forbidden
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5261] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/ProtocolHandler.pm line 725.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 f47650)

I tried to regenerate the key and use a new one but I get the same.
I then tried paste the link with the key above into a broswer and it gets me:

{
{
}
],
}
}

So I try going to my google account to enable the api but under "enabled APIs" I don't see it, and when I look the api up there seems to be no option to enable/disable it.

Can anyone let me know how to enable this API key? I would love to have youtube working again on my squeezeboxes.

Thanks,
T.

tiggert
2016-02-21, 16:48
I seem to have a problem with the API key.
I spent a few hours reading most of this thread.
But my searches don't work on the plugin (all of them time out) and when I go to "recently played" it fails to play (timer starts a few times for a few seconds then back to zero and then I get "no more streams".

I enabled the log and I see (I've removed the key):
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5045] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [23:27:48.4991] (
bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?key= <key removed>&id=OB4MsmL2q1A&maxResults=50&part=snippet%2CcontentDetails&regionCode=US",
"403 Forbidden",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"403 Forbidden",
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5116] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 403 Forbidden
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5182] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (724) 403 Forbidden
[16-02-21 23:27:48.5261] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/ProtocolHandler.pm line 725.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x5 f47650)

I tried to regenerate the key and use a new one but I get the same.
I then tried paste the link with the key above into a broswer and it gets me:

{
{
}
],
}
}

So I try going to my google account to enable the api but under "enabled APIs" I don't see it, and when I look the api up there seems to be no option to enable/disable it.

Can anyone let me know how to enable this API key? I would love to have youtube working again on my squeezeboxes.

Thanks,
T.

Doh! I think I must be tired! I went back to the Google Developers Console and searched again for the API and saw the enable button!
Now search still not working, and when I try to play from "recent" plays I now get the video image (that I didn't get before) but the timer just goes forward a few seconds then back to 0 continuously.
I'll keep digging.
T.

tiggert
2016-02-21, 17:02
OK so the API is working now, but the plugin isn't working properly for me.
The search does work, just a bit slow.
I get the screenshot image, and the timer starts moving, but no sound, and then the timer keeps going back to 0 if I change the volume or press paused or do anything else.
The long "googlevideo" link from my log does get the video correctly if I stick it in my browser, but it seems the squeezeplayer somehow can't play it.
In the log after the link this is all I see:

[16-02-22 00:06:04.0172] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::processFLV (272) Header: sig: FLV version: 1 flags: 49 (audio: 0 video: 1) offset: 9

Also sometimes it seems to try to play a completely different song than the one I had chosen.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Thanks,
T.

TheLastMan
2016-03-05, 10:53
OK so the API is working now, but the plugin isn't working properly for me.
The search does work, just a bit slow.
I get the screenshot image, and the timer starts moving, but no sound, and then the timer keeps going back to 0 if I change the volume or press paused or do anything else.
The long "googlevideo" link from my log does get the video correctly if I stick it in my browser, but it seems the squeezeplayer somehow can't play it.
In the log after the link this is all I see:

[16-02-22 00:06:04.0172] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::processFLV (272) Header: sig: FLV version: 1 flags: 49 (audio: 0 video: 1) offset: 9

Also sometimes it seems to try to play a completely different song than the one I had chosen.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Thanks,
T.
Getting a similar problem as well. This used to work on my setup and has now stopped working with things apparently available but not playing.
EDIT
I have read right from the beginning of this thread and note a number of references to SSL not installed on some NAS. However I have not changed the Synology settings since the plugin last worked, so I know my NAS can support this plugin without any messing about with SSL / HTTPS.

I did, however, for an unconnected reason have to reinstall LMS from scratch using the 7.9 beta package using the Synology package manager, overlaid with Pinkdot's LMS Update.
Everything else is working fine so I might just abandon the YouTube plugin. Might try and get it broadcasting from a laptop.

System:
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 062.1018 @ Fri Jan 22 13:50:09 UTC 2016
Hostname: xxxx
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.xx
Server HTTP Port Number: 9002
Operating system: Synology DiskStation (DSM Package Management) - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: unknown
Perl Version: 5.18.4 - armle-linux
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 3

Any ideas?

philippe_44
2016-03-05, 12:46
Getting a similar problem as well. This used to work on my setup and has now stopped working with things apparently available but not playing.
EDIT
I have read right from the beginning of this thread and note a number of references to SSL not installed on some NAS. However I have not changed the Synology settings since the plugin last worked, so I know my NAS can support this plugin without any messing about with SSL / HTTPS.

I did, however, for an unconnected reason have to reinstall LMS from scratch using the 7.9 beta package using the Synology package manager, overlaid with Pinkdot's LMS Update.
Everything else is working fine so I might just abandon the YouTube plugin. Might try and get it broadcasting from a laptop.

System:
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 062.1018 @ Fri Jan 22 13:50:09 UTC 2016
Hostname: xxxx
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.xx
Server HTTP Port Number: 9002
Operating system: Synology DiskStation (DSM Package Management) - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: unknown
Perl Version: 5.18.4 - armle-linux
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 3

Any ideas?

Not sure but I think you need both the Linux shared lib for SSL that your NAS seems to have, but also the Perl plugins and these might be the one missing after the re-install (libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl)

andersenthomas
2016-03-20, 02:25
I am running the YouTube plugin v. 0.37.4 but is unable to get it working on my OMV (debian-based) installation. On https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube/usage I can see request are being made and the correct URL is being returned by looking at the LMS log so I guess API communication is working. However, I am not getting any sound on my squeezelite players. The logs last entry is typically something like "[16-03-20 10:07:45.3712] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/PsO6ZnUZI0g]". Both libio-socket-ssl-perl and libnet-ssleay-perl is installed and latest version. I anybody else experiencing something similar or have a solution?

Zombie
2016-05-11, 10:54
So the bottom line of these 68 pages of posts is that unless you are a computer wiz or have lots of time on your hands the YouTube plugin is in the dust bin?

philippe_44
2016-05-11, 12:02
Well, that a bit a bitter comment for a problem that only applies to some NAS. And unfortunately, running LMS on these is probably not ideal when you start to want various plugins. When trying to push things close to boundary edges, yes there are some extra difficulties to be expected

Envoy de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Zombie
2016-05-11, 12:44
It applies to my NAS. The plugin used to work wll, now I get an API message and directed to an esoteric Google page and find 68 pages here...I can live without it definitely...

philippe_44
2016-05-11, 13:26
It applies to my NAS. The plugin used to work wll, now I get an API message and directed to an esoteric Google page and find 68 pages here...I can live without it definitely...

I don't know when it stopped working for you, but Google deprecated the API v2 and moved to HTTPS more than one year ago, so it whould have been a while. If it's more recent, then it's probably a more simple change that happended in your NAS

Zombie
2016-05-11, 13:44
Dunno, haven't used the YouTube plugin for a long time, but needed it today and then it didn't work.
If there isn't any solution I'll just dump the plugin and go on with my life...:cool:

diego
2016-05-13, 11:38
Hi there!
I really appreciate all the development work being done for this.
Anyway, I don't get it to work...
I got an API Browser Key and an API Server Key as I could not figure out which one I needed.
But in both cases, the LMS just stays on hold and waits and waits... whatever I click. Searching does not work, entering an URL either.
Anything I did wrong...?
Thanks indeed and best regards!

philippe_44
2016-05-14, 09:16
What platform do you use for LMS ? The culprit is usually SSL and Perl associated libraries on NAS

avtech
2016-05-14, 12:10
What platform do you use for LMS ? The culprit is usually SSL and Perl associated libraries on NAS

Thank you Philippe_44 - You are cool,
Mine is: Logitech Media Server v7.7.5
Used this:
- sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl
- sourceforge.net/projects/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/repo-sf.xml

I can access the API but nothing works, just stays there like it is trying to access something (hanging)!

What are the best steps to start from scratch please Philippe? :)

philippe_44
2016-05-14, 12:37
You can try to see what is in the server log when you enable debug settings for YouTube plugin (in LMS settings, advanced, logging). Are you running LMS on a NAS ? Another thing you can do, if you feel comfortable with that, PM me your API key (do not post it here !) and I'll try it to make sure it works

diego
2016-05-14, 12:56

As I wrote, Windows 7. Professional. No NAS.

To start, which key has to be used? API Browser Key or API Server Key? Anyway, I tried both, no success. The plugin shows the menu, however, searching stays withoug reaction, entering an URL gives no reaction either, the LMS-interface-webseite just keeps loading.

Sorry, I am not into developping, so these kind of questions are not obvious to me...

philippe_44
2016-05-14, 12:59
As I wrote, Windows 7. Professional. No NAS.

To start, which key has to be used? API Browser Key or API Server Key?

Sorry, I am not into developping, so these kind of questions are not obvious to me...

API browser key - as mentioned in another post, if you are not sure you can PM the key and I'll if it works. But 99% probability it's a key problem

avtech
2016-05-14, 17:28
You can try to see what is in the server log when you enable debug settings for YouTube plugin (in LMS settings, advanced, logging). Are you running LMS on a NAS ? Another thing you can do, if you feel comfortable with that, PM me your API key (do not post it here !) and I'll try it to make sure it works

Thank you done - PM

diego
2016-05-15, 00:16
Thanks Philippe for testing my key. You figured out that my key was "not active".

I am still puzzled. There is no way to "activate" or "deactivate" a key at the Google API management site, as far as I see...

I regenerated the key, and entered the new key into the plugin settings right after.

However, it does not work... So I enabled debug-logging, and here is what is logged... (where "key" is of course replaced)

Thanks foru your help!

"GET",
"https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=rock展onCode=DE&relevanceLanguage=DE&type=video",
"403 Forbidden",
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
undef,
"403 Forbidden",
) at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 162.
[16-05-15 09:02:49.7915] Plugins::YouTube::API::__ANON__ (163) 403 Forbidden
[16-05-15 09:02:49.7916] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 93.
; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0xa 7037b4)
[16-05-15 09:04:04.0041] Plugins::YouTube::API::_call (139) Calling API: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/search?key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&maxResults=50&part=snippet&q=rock展onCode=DE&relevanceLanguage=DE&type=video
[16-05-15 09:04:07.3087] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [09:04:07.3085] (
bless([
sub { "???" },

And when I enter the https.... - line into a browser, here is the outcome:
{
{
"reason": "keyInvalid",
"message": "Bad Request"
}
],
"code": 400,
"message": "Bad Request"
}
}

philippe_44
2016-05-15, 10:38
Thanks Philippe for testing my key. You figured out that my key was "not active".

I am still puzzled. There is no way to "activate" or "deactivate" a key at the Google API management site, as far as I see...

I regenerated the key, and entered the new key into the plugin settings right after.

However, it does not work... So I enabled debug-logging, and here is what is logged... (where "key" is of course replaced)

Thanks foru your help!

When you go there
https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube/overview?project=xxxxxxxx (where project must be your project) you have the option to enable or disable the key. BTW, is that key a "YouTube Data API" key ?

diego
2016-05-15, 11:30
Thanks, cher Philippe, it works...!

This was easy, but with no experience at all as a developper and APIs and so on, the "Activate" -Buttom escaped from my attention.

Thanks and best regards! Diego

Papajamone
2016-05-22, 05:49
Philippe - amazing work. I've been able to get the Youtube plugin working, which is brilliant as Youtube is my main source of music now. It works really well and pretty reliably too.

I had a feature request which you can feel free to ignore! I would love it if there was an option to autoplay Youtube's "next suggested video" (like watching videos natively on Youtube does). This would allow me to add a single video and get an auto-generated playlist.

Keep up the good work!!!

jw111
2016-05-22, 11:09
I am creating the Youtube API key for use with your youtube plugin. I was not sure how to fill out where it asks for URLs. I searched but could not find a post that describes this. See bottom for a quote from the API page.

1. Do I have to put the URL for my LMS for both URLs? For example: http://192.168.1.1:9090 or :9000?

2. My server is behind a firewall, so the actual server IP address is not seen by the outside world

************************************************** **********************************
Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID

Name
Restrictions

Enter JavaScript origins, redirect URIs, or both
Authorized JavaScript origins

For use with requests from a browser. This is the origin URI of the client application. It can't contain a wildcard (http://*.example.com) or a path (http://example.com/subdir). If you're using a nonstandard port, you must include it in the origin URI.

Authorized redirect URIs

For use with requests from a web server. This is the path in your application that users are redirected to after they have authenticated with Google. The path will be appended with the authorization code for access. Must have a protocol. Cannot contain URL fragments or relative paths. Cannot be a public IP address.

Man in a van
2016-05-22, 11:39
I am creating the Youtube API key for use with your youtube plugin. I was not sure how to fill out where it asks for URLs. I searched but could not find a post that describes this. See bottom for a quote from the API page.

1. Do I have to put the URL for my LMS for both URLs? For example: http://192.168.1.1:9090 or :9000?

2. My server is behind a firewall, so the actual server IP address is not seen by the outside world

************************************************** **********************************
Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID

Name
Restrictions

Enter JavaScript origins, redirect URIs, or both
Authorized JavaScript origins

For use with requests from a browser. This is the origin URI of the client application. It can't contain a wildcard (http://*.example.com) or a path (http://example.com/subdir). If you're using a nonstandard port, you must include it in the origin URI.

Authorized redirect URIs

For use with requests from a web server. This is the path in your application that users are redirected to after they have authenticated with Google. The path will be appended with the authorization code for access. Must have a protocol. Cannot contain URL fragments or relative paths. Cannot be a public IP address.

hi jw

I think you a little mixed up.

I'll pm a link which may help you.

Ronnie

jw111
2016-05-22, 16:27
Thanks for the pm. The Youtube plugin is working for me now.

In my API key credentials I left the space blank for referrer web sites. Is that a security risk? Can someone stream something to my Squeezeboxes or is the API just a way for me to search Youtube for URLs. See quote below:

Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (web sites) (Optional)

Use asterisks for wildcards. If you leave this blank, requests will be accepted from any referrer. Be sure to add referrers before using this key in production.
You have not set any referrers. Other applications might be able to use this key.

hi jw

I think you a little mixed up.

I'll pm a link which may help you.

Ronnie

Man in a van
2016-05-23, 02:23
I have no idea :confused:

Maybe Phillipe can explain

philippe_44
2016-05-23, 10:09
I have no idea :confused:

Maybe Phillipe can explain

I cannot say for sure, but my guess would be that YouTube offers a way to filter who is allowed to use an API Key (for an integration of YouTube video in your own website, for example, you can decide that only your site is allowed to use it). Without such a filter, anybody with that key can do request to the YouTube API using it - not a big deal in our case

philippe_44
2016-05-23, 11:56
Philippe - amazing work. I've been able to get the Youtube plugin working, which is brilliant as Youtube is my main source of music now. It works really well and pretty reliably too.

I had a feature request which you can feel free to ignore! I would love it if there was an option to autoplay Youtube's "next suggested video" (like watching videos natively on Youtube does). This would allow me to add a single video and get an auto-generated playlist.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks - I had a quick look and I'm not sure that I got how the "play next" works (could not find anything obvious in the API) and I'm also wondering if you do not require to be logged on to your google account, which would be even more changes.

[edit]: There is an option that is called "RelatedVideo" which gives similar result to the "play next", but not exactly the same ... so I'm not sure this is that

philippe_44
2016-05-23, 17:55
I've just uploaded version 0.38 on my dev & stable repository.

- The whole result of a search can now be added to/replace the current playlist (only tracks will be added, not YT channels or YT playlists)
- A new search allows "related videos" to be searched. A complete YouTube URL or just a video ID can be used (the part in red in the following URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REu2BcnlD34)

PS: Michael, if you read this, can you update the 3rd party repository? thank you
@Papajamone: this is not exactly what you wanted, but with a limited amount of time, this is all I can do

Papajamone
2016-05-23, 23:22
@Papajamone: this is not exactly what you wanted, but with a limited amount of time, this is all I can do

Amazing - thank you Philippe. I'll have a look later, but it sounds like a good way towards my ask. Thanks for putting in the time so quickly!

furnace
2016-05-24, 01:53
Philippe,

Thanks for what looks like a great plugin. What is the link to your repository so I can try it out?

Thanks

Man in a van
2016-05-24, 03:02
Philippe,

Thanks for what looks like a great plugin. What is the link to your repository so I can try it out?

Thanks

Philippe is most likely using his snooze control at the mo.

It's a plug in, here.

furnace
2016-05-24, 04:22
Philippe is most likely using his snooze control at the mo.

It's a plug in, here.

I tried that one and got this:

which is why I thought his own repository might hold a more recent one ?
Any thoughts?

Man in a van
2016-05-24, 05:00
I tried that one and got this:

which is why I thought his own repository might hold a more recent one ?
Any thoughts?

You need to SSH into the Squeezeplug and run

then restart the LMS (you might have to tick the install box again, but you can do that before the restart)

atb

Ronnie.

furnace
2016-05-24, 05:52
You need to SSH into the Squeezeplug and run

then restart the LMS (you might have to tick the install box again, but you can do that before the restart)

atb

Ronnie.

I tried that, but the install fails

Could it be because I am using a Seagate Dockstar as the server?

Man in a van
2016-05-24, 08:59
I tried that, but the install fails

Could it be because I am using a Seagate Dockstar as the server?

Is that a pogoplug thingy?

I have no idea but most likely yes.

did you run apt-get update?

Maybe time to change from Squeezeplug?

furnace
2016-05-24, 10:38
Is that a pogoplug thingy?

I have no idea but most likely yes.

did you run apt-get update?

Maybe time to change from Squeezeplug?

Yes, I ran the update you suggested: the Putty output was the result. showing the errors.

I have run LMS (the original Squeezeplug from Thomas Truehl) on a Seagate Dockstar for about 5 years. It's really reliable and I like the self-contained nature of it: the portable hard drive slots into the base so I have fewer leads to become tangled and I don't need a NAS

furnace
2016-05-24, 11:03
I have a feeling the version of Debian I am running may have been deprecated since I get a bunch of 404 errors when running apt-get upgrade and apt-get update. I'll poke around and see if I can truly bugger it up

Man in a van
2016-05-24, 13:00
I have a feeling the version of Debian I am running may have been deprecated since I get a bunch of 404 errors when running apt-get upgrade and apt-get update. I'll poke around and see if I can truly bugger it up

I'm well familiar with "buggered up":(

Why nor update one of the picorePlayer pi with LMS and just access your files on the Seagate?

If funds allow, a new pi3 with raspbian Jessie_lite/lms is pretty stable and the wireless now works properly with the latest distro.

Just remembered that squeezeplug was based,I think on Wheezy, which, as you say is now deprecated, can you put jessie onto the the seagate?

furnace
2016-05-24, 13:08

Why nor update one of the pcP pi with LMS and just access your files on the Seagate?

I'm currently reaping the rewards of editing my "source list" and upgrading/updating/downloading my stone age Debian OS in the vain hope that it will magically resolve the issue.

furnace
2016-05-24, 14:45

Why nor update one of the picorePlayer pi with LMS and just access your files on the Seagate?

If funds allow, a new pi3 with raspbian Jessie_lite/lms is pretty stable and the wireless now works properly with the latest distro.

Just remembered that squeezeplug was based,I think on Wheezy, which, as you say is now deprecated, can you put jessie onto the the seagate?

Amazingly, all the apt-getting-upgrading plus your natty contribution seems to have partially worked. I now need to read the posts about missing Youtube API keys...

furnace
2016-05-24, 16:08
Amazingly, all the apt-getting-upgrading plus your natty contribution seems to have partially worked. I now need to read the posts about missing Youtube API keys...

And 6 hours after starting, I have it working. It didn't appear to like LMS 7.8.0 whereupon it could see all the Youtube content but couldn't play it. The "playing timer" counted to about 4 (no sound emerged), then reset to zero along with the progress bar. The log showed nasty messages about "stream failed to open". Downgrading to LMS 7.7.5 cured the problem, but it could have also been coincidental.

Philippe est vraiment une vedette

buffettck
2016-05-24, 16:41
Great, Youtube is finally working again and I just switched to UE Smart Radio because I lost all my stations that now need the iHeart Radio app to play. LOL Any chance of Youtube every working on the UE firmware?

alnames
2016-05-24, 22:02
I just upgraded LMS on my picoreplayer and the youtube app is now missing.

I'm seeing "[16-05-24 21:52:35.5750] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [21:52:35.5716] error: Can't chmod() /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm: Operation not permitted
at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/PluginManager.pm line 854."

Anyone know what this means? The plugin is also missing under the plugins tab and I'm being prompted to restart LMS for the changes to take effect, which is no help.

Update:

Turns out the issue was due to moving my cache from my picoreplayer/LMS raspberry Pi's sd card to an attached FAT formatted USB drive. Moving the cache back to the sd card fixed it. I will try formating the usb card to ext4 and try storing the cache on it again. The youtube plugin was fine on the cache on the usb drive until it updated.

avtech
2016-05-28, 07:49
I've just uploaded version 0.38 on my dev & stable repository.
- The whole result of a search can now be added to/replace the current playlist (only tracks will be added, not YT channels or YT playlists)
- A new search allows "related videos" to be searched. A complete YouTube URL or just a video ID can be used (the part in red in the following URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REu2BcnlD34)
PS: Michael, if you read this, can you update the 3rd party repository? thank you

Philippe,
Thank you for everything.
It was working fine & then i tried the update cmd (sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl) then the YouTube (v0.38.1) popped up with the check/tick.
Rebooted too, now it plays but no sound - all the other media work fine with sound except UT.
I can play the Bach link above without any sound.
Tried to revert but nothing works, any ideas please Philippe ?

Man in a van
2016-05-28, 08:11
Philippe,
Thank you for everything.
It was working fine & then i tried the update cmd (sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl) then the YouTube (v0.38.1) popped up with the check/tick.
Rebooted too, now it plays but no sound - all the other media work fine with sound except UT.
I can play the Bach link above without any sound.
Tried to revert but nothing works, any ideas please Philippe ?

Not much use I know but I have this playing here, using v0.38.1.

Man in a van
2016-05-28, 08:17
Maybe its a cache thing, try an Elvis YT and see if that plays.

Philippe is most likely still sleeping (I think he is in Canada)

avtech
2016-05-28, 08:37
Maybe its a cache thing, try an Elvis YT and see if that plays.

Philippe is most likely still sleeping (I think he is in Canada)

Thank you Man ...i have tried everything.
Now working :)
Yep Philippe is in dreamland - thanks for your help guys!

philippe_44
2016-06-04, 14:39
I'v updated a few times the YouTube plugin in the past weeks but the number of downloads is 2 orders of magnitude less than what it is usually when I was pushing an update. If you ever happen to read that, can you post here your YT plugin and LMS version and an extract of you server.log file if you have not seen an update notification for 0.38.1?

Thanks

Zombie
2016-06-05, 00:42
Maybe the best is is to remove the YouTube plugin.
It doesn't work.

philippe_44
2016-06-05, 01:02
Maybe the best is is to remove the YouTube plugin.
It doesn't work.

It does work - what makes you think it does not? I know you had issues with your NAS, but on the vast majority of systems, this problem of use of HTTPS (missing some SSL libraries) does not happen. And yes, it's now needed to create a key on Google site, since they deprecated their API v2, but that takes very few clicks.

My question was more a poll for people using it too see if they have seen an update proposed by LMS User Interface

Zombie
2016-06-05, 02:34
I get the message Missing YouTube API key (see settings)
And I haven't time to learn UNIX nor read 72 pages of posts about how to solve the problem

garym
2016-06-05, 05:29
My question was more a poll for people using it too see if they have seen an update proposed by LMS User Interface

I recently saw an update proposed by LMS. I installed it and I'm using version 0.38.1 as latest version. Works fine on my system for playing youtube audio.

philippe_44
2016-06-05, 07:54
I get the message Missing YouTube API key (see settings)
And I haven't time to learn UNIX nor read 72 pages of posts about how to solve the problem

That's entirely your choice to not spend time to make a special configuration work, but please don't make killer statements like "it does not work, so uninstall it" especially when the question was not : "does YT plugin work?"

castalla
2016-06-05, 08:16
That's entirely your choice to not spend time to make a special configuration work, but please don't make killer statements like "it does not work, so uninstall it" especially when the question was not : "does YT plugin work?"

Well said!

SlimChances
2016-06-05, 10:06
I recently saw an update proposed by LMS. I installed it and I'm using version 0.38.1 as latest version. Works fine on my system for playing youtube audio.

Yes The same for me(ver 0.38.1 ). YouTube is working flawlessly and is one of my favorite plugins to discover new music.

avtech
2016-06-06, 15:34
(ver 0.38.1 ). YouTube is working flawlessly and is one of my favorite plugins to discover new music.

Does anyone know how to skip a playing song/vid, if you pause to get a cup of tea or something it starts again!
This is a plugin or the player (Squeeze) please - Anyone?
Eg if you are listening to a discussion (120:00) & pause it at 34:00 it will start from the beginning & the skip option never works like accessing a song from the server.

philippe_44
2016-06-06, 18:52
Does anyone know how to skip a playing song/vid, if you pause to get a cup of tea or something it starts again!
This is a plugin or the player (Squeeze) please - Anyone?
Eg if you are listening to a discussion (120:00) & pause it at 34:00 it will start from the beginning & the skip option never works like accessing a song from the server.

How long do you pause? Normally pause/resume does work as well ast "next track". What do you mean by "skip"? (moving to next track in playlist?)

avtech
2016-06-07, 16:38
How long do you pause? Normally pause/resume does work as well ast "next track". What do you mean by "skip"? (moving to next track in playlist?)
Well, when you search for any song/video & you press pause (even for 5 seconds) & play again it will stop & begin at zero.
"Skip" (wrong choice of word perhaps) is when i forward the track/song/video from eg 13:00 to 25:30 or ...
You can even try it with the BACH cello, it never allows the user to move to the middle, you have to listen to the whole opus.
I tested it by saving a video as a playlist to play later, but it even refused to play, so i serached it again & them played it from the beginning.
It is the API or something on squeeze?
Hope it is clear.

Thanks.

philippe_44
2016-06-07, 19:05
Well, when you search for any song/video & you press pause (even for 5 seconds) & play again it will stop & begin at zero.
"Skip" (wrong choice of word perhaps) is when i forward the track/song/video from eg 13:00 to 25:30 or ...
You can even try it with the BACH cello, it never allows the user to move to the middle, you have to listen to the whole opus.
I tested it by saving a video as a playlist to play later, but it even refused to play, so i serached it again & them played it from the beginning.
It is the API or something on squeeze?
Hope it is clear.

Thanks.

So if, for example, I play this youtube://www.youtube.com/v/REu2BcnlD34, I can pause and reposition (seek) to any place in the track. The plugin has the necessary code to handle seek (this requires a special handling, as opposed to pause where LMS simply stops requiring for more data). It seems to be something in your configuration

avtech
2016-06-08, 04:00
So if, for example, I play this youtube://www.youtube.com/v/REu2BcnlD34, I can pause and reposition (seek) to any place in the track. The plugin has the necessary code to handle seek (this requires a special handling, as opposed to pause where LMS simply stops requiring for more data). It seems to be something in your configuration

Thanks
Never seems to work - can't pause, can't seek - have to listen to the whole stuff.

philippe_44
2016-06-08, 07:52
Thanks
Never seems to work - can't pause, can't seek - have to listen to the whole stuff.

On which players does it do that? a "real" Logitech hardware or a squeezelite?

avtech
2016-06-08, 08:51
On which players does it do that? a "real" Logitech hardware or a squeezelite?
Thanks set via a music server embedded on another hardware/software.
Both VB Box & Pro X100.
The Logitech here is just a small GUI type for radio.

philippe_44
2016-06-08, 20:17
Thanks set via a music server embedded on another hardware/software.
Both VB Box & Pro X100.
The Logitech here is just a small GUI type for radio.

Sorry I don't understand

avtech
2016-06-09, 05:08
Sorry I don't understand

Sorry my faulty - Thank you - Ok PM

chaug
2016-06-11, 09:12
I am running the YouTube plugin v. 0.37.4 but is unable to get it working on my OMV (debian-based) installation. On https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube/usage I can see request are being made and the correct URL is being returned by looking at the LMS log so I guess API communication is working. However, I am not getting any sound on my squeezelite players. The logs last entry is typically something like "[16-03-20 10:07:45.3712] Slim::Player::Song::open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/PsO6ZnUZI0g]". Both libio-socket-ssl-perl and libnet-ssleay-perl is installed and latest version. I anybody else experiencing something similar or have a solution?

I am having the same problem but with v 0.38.1...(except that I don't know what my logs say) Did you find a solution?

UPDATE: I now checked the log and the message I get is this:
[16-06-11 12:20:07.6021] Slim::Utils::Misc::pathFromFileURL (216) Warning: Path isn't a file URL: youtube://www.youtube.com/v/oxC7BEOWk0Y

philippe_44
2016-06-12, 05:59
When you say 'same problem' do you mean you have the same hardware server base for LMS?

[edit]: if you can set the YouTube plugin log to debug, I will have a look and see if this is a SSL issue or something different in the analysis of the URL itself

chaug
2016-06-12, 18:29
When you say 'same problem' do you mean you have the same hardware server base for LMS?

[edit]: if you can set the YouTube plugin log to debug, I will have a look and see if this is a SSL issue or something different in the analysis of the URL itself

I don't know what andersenthomas' hardware server base is. I was referring to:
- debian-based installation
- usage showing up on https://console.developers.google.co.../youtube/usage
- not getting any sound
- libio-socket-ssl-perl and libnet-ssleay-perl is installed and latest version

All of this applies to my situation.

Here is the debug log for the youtube plugin starting from when I started to play a youtube stream until I stopped it (after a minute or so): 20606

Hope it helps!

philippe_44
2016-06-13, 00:56
I don't know what andersenthomas' hardware server base is. I was referring to:
- debian-based installation
- usage showing up on https://console.developers.google.co.../youtube/usage
- not getting any sound
- libio-socket-ssl-perl and libnet-ssleay-perl is installed and latest version

All of this applies to my situation.

Here is the debug log for the youtube plugin starting from when I started to play a youtube stream until I stopped it (after a minute or so): 20606

Hope it helps!

Unfortunately, this seems to be an issue with the SSL/Perl libraries in your system

[16-06-12 21:11:43.8207] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't locate object method "BINMODE" via package "IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_HANDLE" at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 622.

All works fine till the opening of the actual SSL socket to start streaming. I had a discussion about this issue much earlier in this thread, I can't remember all the details, but I think it was due to a combo of SSL/Perl installation. You say this is a debian-based system, can you tell a bit more? Are you sure openssl is properly installed (not talking about the Perl part)

chaug
2016-06-17, 18:49
Unfortunately, this seems to be an issue with the SSL/Perl libraries in your system

[16-06-12 21:11:43.8207] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't locate object method "BINMODE" via package "IO::Socket::SSL::SSL_HANDLE" at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Song.pm line 622.

All works fine till the opening of the actual SSL socket to start streaming. I had a discussion about this issue much earlier in this thread, I can't remember all the details, but I think it was due to a combo of SSL/Perl installation. You say this is a debian-based system, can you tell a bit more? Are you sure openssl is properly installed (not talking about the Perl part)

It's a Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 2 whose OS is based on Debian Etch. So it's rather old, but it would be great to get SSL to work.

Whether openssl is really properly installed, I am unable to say. What I can say is that apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl tells me that the newest version is already installed:

NAS:~# apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libio-socket-ssl-perl is already the newest version.
libnet-ssleay-perl is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 24 not upgraded.
NAS:~#

Now, as you can see, it also tells us that 24 packages were not upgraded, but I have no idea whether this pertains to the relevant ssl packages and if it does, how to upgrade them (without breaking something else)....

Any ideas?

FortFun
2016-06-21, 23:26
I am fairly certain it was working before but I finally followed the nag notice that the youtube plugin had been updated and rebooted.

Now I can still search and find youtube links but it attempts to play and only goes about 4 seconds before resetting to 0:00 and stopping. I upgraded to the most recent nightly of 7.9 but that didn't help.

Kinda sucks as it was a nice plugin but I'm not going back to 7.8 or whatever the normal build is now.

Let me know if there is anything I can provide to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

FortFun
2016-06-21, 23:32
Oops, forgot. This is on Windows 10.

I am fairly certain it was working before but I finally followed the nag notice that the youtube plugin had been updated and rebooted.

Now I can still search and find youtube links but it attempts to play and only goes about 4 seconds before resetting to 0:00 and stopping. I upgraded to the most recent nightly of 7.9 but that didn't help.

Kinda sucks as it was a nice plugin but I'm not going back to 7.8 or whatever the normal build is now.

Thanks.

alnames
2016-06-22, 00:26

Thanks.

This is also happening to me on my picoreplayer LMS. The server log shows:

[16-06-22 00:15:23.0518] main::init (384) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1463778102, Tue May 24 04:08:29 UTC 2016) perl 5.022001 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[16-06-22 00:15:29.0684] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [00:15:29.0670] Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/
([a-zA-Z\$0-9]+)\s*:\s*function
\(([a-z,]+)\){ <-- HERE ([^}]+)}
/ at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/JSInterp.pm line 378.

philippe_44
2016-06-22, 19:12
So, it seems that all (or most of) FLV files have been removed from YT and only 3GP, MP4, WebM are available now. FLV was the only format supported by the plugin and writing a stream demuxer for the other formats is a lot of work (I've done a mpeg-2 stream demuxer for another plugin and that was painful) so I'm not sure I'll have the time & courage to do that (just reading the webm/matroska format gives me a headache ;))

[edit]: okay, so I took the time to look at the webm format and EBML and all that jazz ... seems less complicated that I thought at the begining. Anybody with experience to confirm? All I would do would be demux the ogg as I did for the aac in mpeg2-TS. Maybe one month of part time will be enough for that and it seems that the webm format is always there by default for any video, so could be generic.

@bpa: an opinion?

doubleugk
2016-06-23, 12:32
... Maybe one month of part time will be enough for that ...

Hej that would very kind of you and please go ahead !!!

SlimChances
2016-06-23, 13:36
Hej that would very kind of you and please go ahead !!!

+1;)

bpa
2016-06-23, 14:58
@bpa: an opinion?
I've never used the YouTube plugin. All I know is that Triode re-used the Flash player code from BBCPlayer to play Youtube Flash streams..

I've seen reference that Youtube uses MPEG-DASH whenever a browser is HTML5 compliant. I've (badly) implemented a limited form of MPEG-DASH with streaming MP4 audio for BBCiPlayer as BBC have stopped using Flash.
Do you know if MPEG-DASH is used ?

MAlgol
2016-06-25, 02:55

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. =/

philippe_44
2016-07-04, 21:41
I've finished the changes to use the webm file format instead of the deprecated flv. I've put it in the dev repository only

http://tenet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-youtube/dev/repo-sf.xml

It's still early days and the addition of the possibility to seek in webm created me a lot of grief, so there might still be some cases where this will lockup LMS, sorry.

This version requires the calculation of a CRC which can take a fair bit of CPU, so the UI might be less reponsive on slow platform, I'll see if I can improve that, depending on comments

Feedback welcome

rampage
2016-07-05, 00:04
Thank you!!! Works great again!

I'm running LMS on an old RPi and seeking works without problems...

Zombie
2016-07-05, 01:01
It works perfectly, not: Missing YouTube API key (see settings)

philippe_44
2016-07-05, 10:28
It works perfectly, not: Missing YouTube API key (see settings)

I'm not sure I'm following

SlimChances
2016-07-05, 10:55
The Dev version works fine for me but appears to be using a lot of the CPU

EDIT: I checked CPU usage with a local track off my hard drive and CPU usage was not much different

Thanks for your persistence in maintaining this useful plugin