PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have tips on setting up 2Wire 3800HGV-B for Remote Playback

GeeJay
2011-05-14, 14:45
After spending the better part of the afternoon trying to apply "Coolio's Guide to Remote Playback" to my network setup so that I may take advantage of iPeng's Remote Playback feature, I've about given up. I'll admit that I'm a tech ignoramus (although I've managed to work through all the networking issues I've encountered over the years with my SBs, so maybe I'm not a complete moron), so I'm probably completely misunderstanding the instructions.

For one, I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the "Port Forwarding" instructions. The same terminology isn't used in my router's web interface, but I've tried every combination of adding "allowed" applications (i.e., assigning Ports 9000 and 3483 to user-defined applications, then allowing these applications to pass through the firewall) to either my server, my router, or both. Regardless, I still can't get my iPhone to show up on my list of devices in iPeng when I go off WiFi (it does appear on my list then) and go to 3G.

Even if I get this right, I may still be doomed. I've been reading up on Dynamic DNS and this router (which is the only router that works with AT&T's U-Verse), and the stuff I've read indicates the two aren't compatible. I'm not sure if that is part of my problem or not (some AT&T forum posts seem to indicate it may not be necessary...I don't know).

I'd appreciate any tips from anyone who has had success "breaking through the firewall" with this particular router.