PDA

View Full Version : Softsqueeze help



Michael Haan
2004-09-24, 13:30
My first issue was that PasswordAuthenticate was set to "no", which I changed.  That fixed my first problem.  Now I'm getting:



0 [main] ERROR com.slim.softsqueeze.skin.SkinObject - Exceptionjava.lang.Nul



lPointerException



0 [main] ERROR com.slim.softsqueeze.skin.SkinObject - Exceptionjava.lang.Nul



lPointerException



java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind



1092 [main] ERROR com.slim.softsqueeze.SSHTunnel - Cannot connect ssh tunnel



com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: PortForwardingL: local port 9000 cannot be bound.



at com.jcraft.jsch.PortWatcher.<init>(Unknown Source)



at com.jcraft.jsch.PortWatcher.addPort(Unknown Source)



at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.setPortForwardingL(Unknown Source)



at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.setPortForwardingL(Unknown Source)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SSHTunnel.connect(SSHTunnel.j ava:116)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.connect(SoftSquee ze.java:209)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.<init>(SoftSqueez e.java:110)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.<init>(SoftSqueez e.java:75)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.main(SoftSqueeze. java:404)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.Application.main(Application. java:63)



1092 [main] WARN com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze - Exception in connect



java.io.IOException: PortForwardingL: local port 9000 cannot be bound.



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SSHTunnel.connect(SSHTunnel.j ava:119)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.connect(SoftSquee ze.java:209)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.<init>(SoftSqueez e.java:110)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.<init>(SoftSqueez e.java:75)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.SoftSqueeze.main(SoftSqueeze. java:404)



at com.slim.softsqueeze.Application.main(Application. java:63)









>From: Richard Titmuss <richard_titmuss (AT) yahoo (DOT) co.uk>



>Reply-To: Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>



>To: Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>



>Subject: [slim] Softsqueeze help



>Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:06:16 +0100



>



>I never got around to getting Softsqueeze to report ssh connection



>errors in a user friendly way. If you could start Softsqueeze from



>the command prompt (using java -jar SoftSqueeze.jar) and see if any



>error messages are displayed when it tries to connect.



>



>Regards,



>Richard



>



>



>Michael Haan wrote:



>



>>That's exactly my setup.  The only thing I can think of is that



>>maybe my username and password are wrong.  I'm using the same



>>values I use when I use putty to connect via ssh to the same box.  



>>Is there someplace I can look to see what they should be?



>>



>> >From: Richard Titmuss <richard_titmuss (AT) yahoo (DOT) co.uk> >Reply-To:



>>Slim Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com> >To: Slim



>>Devices Discussion <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com> >Subject:



>>[slim] Softsqueeze help >Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:34:17 +0100 >



>> >Michael, > >No you only need to open port 22, all the connections



>>between >Softsqueeze and the slimserver are tunneled over this



>>port. You need >to open the Softsqueeze configuration dialog, enter



>>the public ip >address of hostname of your router in the 'slim



>>server' address, >check the 'Use ssh Tunnel' checkbox and enter



>>your ssh username and >password. Assuming everything is setup



>>correctly Softsqueeze will >then connect to you slimserver. >



>> >Regards, >Richard > > >Michael Haan wrote: > >>Can someone



>>provide me with the 30 second overview of how to use >>softsqueeze



>>and ssh to listen to my music from outside of my home >>network.  



>>I've already enabled ssh and ssh to my server from >>outside.  Do I



>>need to open ports other than 22 for softsqueeze to >>work in this



>>way? >>



>> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------



>> >>Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -



>> >>it's FREE! <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2734??PS=47575> >>



>> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------



>> >> >>______________________________________________ _ >>Discuss



>>mailing list >>Discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com



>> >>http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/discuss >> >> >



>> >_______________________________________________ >Discuss mailing



>>list >Discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com



>> >http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/discuss



>>



>>------------------------------------------------------------------------



>>Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -



>>it's FREE! <http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2728??PS=47575>



>>



>>------------------------------------------------------------------------



>>



>>______________________________________________ _



>>Discuss mailing list



>>Discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com



>>http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/discuss



>>



>>



>



>_______________________________________________



>Discuss mailing list



>Discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com



>http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/discuss






Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more!

Roy M. Silvernail
2004-09-24, 15:05
On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 16:30, Michael Haan wrote:
> My first issue was that PasswordAuthenticate was set to "no", which I
> changed. That fixed my first problem. Now I'm getting:
>
> 0 [main] ERROR com.slim.softsqueeze.skin.SkinObject -
> Exceptionjava.lang.Nul
>
> lPointerException
>
> 0 [main] ERROR com.slim.softsqueeze.skin.SkinObject -
> Exceptionjava.lang.Nul
>
> lPointerException
>
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
>
> 1092 [main] ERROR com.slim.softsqueeze.SSHTunnel - Cannot connect ssh
> tunnel
>
> com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: PortForwardingL: local port 9000 cannot
> be bound.

Looks like you need to set AllowTcpForwarding to 'yes'
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy (AT) rant-central (DOT) com, and you're not
"Progress, like reality, is not optional." - R. A. Hettinga
SpamAssassin->procmail->/dev/null->bliss
http://www.rant-central.com