PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeSlave Audio Output Problem



Knightro
2011-05-05, 10:04
Hello,

I am having a problem with selecting audio devices with squeezeslave. It's not a squeezeslave problem but more of a Windows 7 HDMI audio connection problem.

My HDMI connection is plugged into an Onkyo receiver. When the receiver is on the HDMI audio shows up in Windows 7 playback devices, when it is turned off it disappears. This changes the audio configuration that SqueezeSlave looks at when you do the -L command.

Receiver Off:
squeezeslave-1.0-227.exe -L
Output devices:
* 4: (Windows DirectSound) Primary Sound Driver (0/0)
5: (Windows DirectSound) Speakers (C-Media USB Headphone Set ) (0/0)
6: (Windows DirectSound) Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (0/0)
7: (Windows DirectSound) Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) (0/0)

Receiver On:
squeezeslave-1.0-227.exe -L
Output devices:
* 4: (Windows DirectSound) Primary Sound Driver (0/0)
5: (Windows DirectSound) TX-NR807 (Intel(R) Display Audio) (0/0)
6: (Windows DirectSound) Speakers (C-Media USB Headphone Set ) (0/0)
7: (Windows DirectSound) Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (0/0)
8: (Windows DirectSound) Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) (0/0)

The HDMI audio needs to be set as the primary audio for running the HTPC output to the receiver.

Is there a way to associate the output device to a name instead of ID# or is it possible to lock the ID# once it's activated? It currently changes even when there is an active session.

squeezeslave-1.0-227.exe -D -o6 -m00:00:00:00:00:01

Thanks,
-KT

ralphy
2011-05-07, 03:42
Currently there is no way to have squeezeslave do what you'd like. It requires the index number.

Another forum member created a bash script (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=443013&postcount=23) for linux to parse the output of squeezeslave -L matching the device name they wanted with the index number squeezeslave needs. Perhaps you can adopt the idea and create a cmd script in windows to do the same?

I've added output device selection by name to the TODO list.

I'd also suggest you update to the latest beta build 1.0-249 (http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/squeezeslave-1.0-249-win.zip) and I did receive both your PMs.

Knightro
2011-05-07, 20:22
Thank you Ralphy, I'm a big fan of the program. Keep up the great work!
-KT

ralphy
2011-06-03, 04:33
I've implemented device selection by name in 1.1-259. There's a windows build on google code (http://squeezeslave.googlecode.com/files/squeezeslave-1.1-259-win.zip) for you to try.

Replace -o6 with -n"Speakers (C-Media USB Headphone Set )" to use the name selection option.


squeezeslave-1.1-259.exe -D -n"Speakers (C-Media USB Headphone Set )" -m00:00:00:00:00:01

Knightro
2011-06-08, 12:58
Thank you Ralphy, I've been away for a little bit but will try this when I get home tonight.

Knightro
2011-06-09, 07:17
Everything is working, I will keep testing to make sure there isn't any glitches.

Thanks again!
-KT