PDA

View Full Version : Can I make my music server a music source?

howie.stone
2011-05-03, 13:23
I have my music on a PC and it streams music to my hi-fi in another part of the house.

Can I make the PC playback music in a playlist which I've created in the Squeezebox server, through the speakers attached to the PC?

aubuti
2011-05-03, 13:40
Sure. Use one of the Squeezebox "software players". Your choices are:

1) SqueezePlay (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.6): This looks and feels like the interface on the Radio, Touch, and Controller.

2) SoftSqueeze (search the forums for the link to the latest community-supported build): This is a Java-based player, that emulates earlier SBs (SB3/Classic and Transporter), using a graphical version of the infrared remote control.

3) squeezeslave (search the forums for the link to the latest version): This is a "headless" player. You invoke it via command line, and it runs without any graphical interface at all. You can control it via the SBS web ui, because it appears as one of the players on your network.

adhawkins
2011-05-03, 13:46
Hi,

In article <howie.stone.4t6hpz1304454241 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>,
howie.stone<howie.stone.4t6hpz1304454241 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
> I have my music on a PC and it streams music to my hi-fi in another part
> of the house.
>
> Can I make the PC playback music in a playlist which I've created in
> the Squeezebox server, through the speakers attached to the PC?

Install SqueezePlay on the PC.

Andy