Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvt74
    • Oct 2010

Music for parties

I've found that if i make a playlist using ipeng then I can create a playing and add songs and it works great.

However sometimes I'll accidentily choose play song and overwrite the playlist I've just spent hours making.
    I'm having a BBQ tomorrow and want to make a playlist but I'd also like to allow people to add some themselves in a jukebox style way.

Is there a way a can do this with squeezebox server? So whenever it someone selects a song it auto adds to the end of the current queue?
  • pski

Originally posted by Marvt74
    I've found that if i make a playlist using ipeng then I can create a playing and add songs and it works great.

However sometimes I'll accidentily choose play song and overwrite the playlist I've just spent hours making.
    I'm having a BBQ tomorrow and want to make a playlist but I'd also like to allow people to add some themselves in a jukebox style way.

Is there a way a can do this with squeezebox server? So whenever it someone selects a song it auto adds to the end of the current queue?
    The used to be a plugin called "Party Mode" but it's not around. You'll just have to stress that people use the "+" button. Your playlist won't be overwritten if they are using the webUI. They would have to save it to overwrite it..

P

Comment

• Peter314
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Marvt74

I think iPeng's Party Mode will let you do what you want (more>settings>iPeng settings). It should certainly let you stop the playlist being overwritten: http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2010/12/...-have-a-party/

Comment

• pippin
        • Oct 2007

Jep. As Peter said: If you are using iPeng anyway, Party Mode is probably pretty much what you want. It's also quite configurable.
        ---
        learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
        Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
        at penguinlovesmusic.com
        New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• Marvt74
          • Oct 2010

My only thought with that though is I would need to leave my iPhone around for people to select songs. Unless I nip out and buy an iPad especially but that seems a bit unnessecary!

So was hoping for something GUI based.

Comment

• treble
            • Dec 2005

Maybe you can run squeezeserver with the iPeng skin? http://yourservername_or_ip:9000/iPeng/ Although it doesn't look like iPeng when I just tried it out...

Comment

• pippin
              • Oct 2007

The iPeng skin is a web skin, it doesn't have the party mode!
              ---
              learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
              Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
              at penguinlovesmusic.com
              New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• GeeJay
                • May 2007

There are many of us who feel your pain, marvt74, and vocally championed Party Mode several years ago. For whatever reason, Logitech never made it a priority, which is befuddling since the Squeezebox can be the ultimate party machine.

In any event, there is no "built in" solution to your problem. iPeng is the only option, as far as I know, and it works rather well. Maybe one day the folks at LT will figure out this is a useful feature that a lot of folks want, and will include it as part of the core product. But I'm not holding my breath....
                I’m down to one SB Touch and a Raspberry Pi. Mac Mini as a server (OS X Catalina). iPeng is my controller of choice. LMS 7.9.4. Erland’s plug ins are what keep me in the ecosystem.

Comment

Working...