Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobiedog
    • Sep 2008

wake up from standby

I like that my computer start from turnoff mode whith my duet handcontrol. But when the computer is in standby mode it not wake up. (win vista home premium) any tips?
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

First you need to establish that the computer is setup to use the wake-on-LAN packet that the remote sends. Do you have wake-on-LAN enabled on the computer? Usually this is a setting in the BIOS, and the default setting is usually disabled. Also, is the computer connected to the network by ethernet (wired)? In most cases you need a wired connection from the router to the sleeping PC to execute wake-on-LAN.

Also, can you wake the computer from another computer on the network, using one of the common WOL utilities?
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
    Bedroom: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• Apesbrain
      • Jun 2005

"Start from turnoff mode" probably means that the PC is off but the network card is still listening for a WOL packet upon which it turns on. This is controlled by the BIOS.

"In standby mode it not wake up" probably means that the PC is sleeping under Windows control and no longer listening for a WOL packet. You need to go into Windows network properties and find the settings for your onboard ethernet adapter. It will have a "Power Management" tab where you can set it to "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby". Enable this and also the second check where it says something like "Only allow management stations..."

Comment

• hobiedog
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Apesbrain
        "Start from turnoff mode" probably means that the PC is off but the network card is still listening for a WOL packet upon which it turns on. This is controlled by the BIOS.

"In standby mode it not wake up" probably means that the PC is sleeping under Windows control and no longer listening for a WOL packet. You need to go into Windows network properties and find the settings for your onboard ethernet adapter. It will have a "Power Management" tab where you can set it to "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby". Enable this and also the second check where it says something like "Only allow management stations..."
        Thanks for the reply now it start nice in standby mode

Comment

Working...