PDA

View Full Version : Can't get to first base, configuring Squeezeplay.

jstraw
2011-04-18, 11:26
I've been using Squeezeplay on my laptop to remotely access my SBS for a long time. I had to format and reinstall everything last week and on my new Squeezeplay installation I'm not getting anywhere.

When I launch Squeezeplay I select a language and then select 'continue' on the welcome screen.

The next screen is the 'activate account' screen. It wants me to go to jive.squeezenetwork.com and input my pin.

First, I don't use that. I just use my SBS and want to get to where I can put in my IP and port. Second, when I go to that site and log into my account, I'm unable to find any place where I would enter a pin number.

When I wait, it tries to connect to mysqueezebox.com and fails. I then get a 'problem connecting' screen.

What am I doing wrong? All I want to do is point Squeezeplay at my SBS running at home.

I don't recall having any difficulty using Squeezeplay in the past.

garym
2011-04-18, 14:45
I've been using Squeezeplay on my laptop to remotely access my SBS for a long time. I had to format and reinstall everything last week and on my new Squeezeplay installation I'm not getting anywhere.

When I launch Squeezeplay I select a language and then select 'continue' on the welcome screen.

The next screen is the 'activate account' screen. It wants me to go to jive.squeezenetwork.com and input my pin.

First, I don't use that. I just use my SBS and want to get to where I can put in my IP and port. Second, when I go to that site and log into my account, I'm unable to find any place where I would enter a pin number.

When I wait, it tries to connect to mysqueezebox.com and fails. I then get a 'problem connecting' screen.

What am I doing wrong? All I want to do is point Squeezeplay at my SBS running at home.

I don't recall having any difficulty using Squeezeplay in the past.

odd, it shouldn't be asking for your pin. Are you downloading from here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.6

toby10
2011-04-18, 14:57
I don't use the software players but requiring a PIN for MySB.com (then called SqueezeNetwork) has not been used for years.
You may have a very old version of that soft player.

KMorgan
2011-04-18, 23:32
I have the same prob on my laptop. Gave up trying to figure it out a few weeks ago. BTW this was using the latest verion of Squeezeplay.

Keith