PDA

View Full Version : Windows Firewall blocking connection

jezbo
2011-04-15, 14:17
Running latest 7.5.4 SBS release on Windows 7. My server and players cannot connect to each other until I turn Windows Firewall off.

Are there any reliable guidelines for configuring the firewall to allow SBS/player communication without actually turning it off? I have found some suggestions for opening certain UDP and TCP ports but none of them seem to work for me.

pski
2011-04-16, 08:22
Running latest 7.5.4 SBS release on Windows 7. My server and players cannot connect to each other until I turn Windows Firewall off.

Are there any reliable guidelines for configuring the firewall to allow SBS/player communication without actually turning it off? I have found some suggestions for opening certain UDP and TCP ports but none of them seem to work for me.

Open "Network and Sharing Center" and check the line under the "this computer - network - internet." The network type should be "Home network" or "Work network." If not, click to make it so. Otherwise you would have to enable "Network discovery" in the panel "Advanced sharing settings."

Without "Network discovery," client devices are isolated.
P

jezbo
2011-04-16, 09:28
It's already set to Home Network.

w3wilkes
2011-04-16, 09:39
I've also run into trouble with the Win7 firewall and Squeezebox server. Here's what I did to fix it;
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=618826&postcount=12
Hopefully this will clear up your problem.

jezbo
2011-04-16, 12:50
Many thanks - that worked. It was the fact that I had these rules set for the squeeze server process only that was the problem.