Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norderney
    • Apr 2005

Spotify Not Working On My Transporter

I have just setup a Spotify premium account.

I can play music via my PC Spotify App and my iPhone Spotify app. But I cannot "hear" music from spotify via my Transporter.

Under Settings then Plugins "Spotify(v1.0)" has a tick against it.

Here's what I am doing.

Search Spotify (using Squeezebox Server version 7.5.4) for an artist.
    Then select a song by that artist.

That song appears on my playlist, but the audio does not play. Also the album art has a red cross in it.

This is what appears as the current track:

Undiscovered
    James Morrison
    320k VBR, Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)
    -4:47 (1 of 1)

Any idea what is wrong. Is there something I have not setup correctly?

Or can I not listen to Spotify on my Transporter? Can I only use Radio or Touch? If this is the case why????????
    Main Source: Transporter
    Amp: Cyrus 8XPd QX
    Speakers: PMC twenty:23

CD/HDD Recorder: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600

http://www.last.fm/user/norderney1962
  • andyg
    Former Squeezebox Guy
    • Jan 2006

To listen to Spotify on the older players you need to install Triode's plugin.

Comment

• MDSmith
      • Jan 2008

Appreciate your timely response ... however I guess like many other Transporter owners it is truly a shame you refer to it as an 'older model' ...

This product was ahead of its time .....

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

Originally posted by MDSmith
        Appreciate your timely response ... however I guess like many other Transporter owners it is truly a shame you refer to it as an 'older model' ...

This product was ahead of its time .....
        I love my Transporter, but it is an older player! There have been at least 4 players released since the Transporter (and only two of those are currently sold). And the Transporter uses the old technology of the original SLIM devices (unlike the TOUCH or RADIO). But I get your point, the Transporter is still my favorite!
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
        The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
        Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Working...