PDA

View Full Version : Spotify Not Working On My Transporter

norderney
2011-04-14, 16:06
I have just setup a Spotify premium account.

I can play music via my PC Spotify App and my iPhone Spotify app. But I cannot "hear" music from spotify via my Transporter.

Under Settings then Plugins "Spotify(v1.0)" has a tick against it.

Here's what I am doing.

Search Spotify (using Squeezebox Server version 7.5.4) for an artist.
Then select a song by that artist.

That song appears on my playlist, but the audio does not play. Also the album art has a red cross in it.

This is what appears as the current track:

Undiscovered
James Morrison
320k VBR, Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)
-4:47 (1 of 1)

Any idea what is wrong. Is there something I have not setup correctly?

Or can I not listen to Spotify on my Transporter? Can I only use Radio or Touch? If this is the case why????????

andyg
2011-04-14, 17:42
To listen to Spotify on the older players you need to install Triode's plugin (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79706).

MDSmith
2012-04-11, 04:55
Appreciate your timely response ... however I guess like many other Transporter owners it is truly a shame you refer to it as an 'older model' ...

This product was ahead of its time .....

garym
2012-04-11, 08:07
Appreciate your timely response ... however I guess like many other Transporter owners it is truly a shame you refer to it as an 'older model' ...

This product was ahead of its time .....

I love my Transporter, but it is an older player! There have been at least 4 players released since the Transporter (and only two of those are currently sold). And the Transporter uses the old technology of the original SLIM devices (unlike the TOUCH or RADIO). But I get your point, the Transporter is still my favorite!