PDA

View Full Version : DHCP server not found

RealRedHair
2011-03-25, 02:52
Have my SB Classic working for years. Just recently my Ethernet connection failed. I still can connect wireless. The problem looks a bit similar to thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86148&highlight=dhcp but still its different.

When doing the setup I select Ethernet. It finds the cable. Then select IP automatically and then after a while no DHCP server found. My firmware is 313. Strange is also that when I switch from Ethernet to wifi the SB is doing a firmware upgrade.

When I look in the router I can see that an IP is allocated to the SB (linked to the correct MAC address). I use static IP's.

Any advise on how to proceed is welcome.

Soulkeeper
2011-03-25, 03:11
Have you tried to reset Xilinx (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Special_IR_Keys_on_Reboot_for_Factory_Reset_and_La st_FW)? I don't know if it'll help, just throwing it out here.

garym
2011-03-25, 04:21
Have my SB Classic working for years. Just recently my Ethernet connection failed. I still can connect wireless. The problem looks a bit similar to thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86148&highlight=dhcp but still its different.

When doing the setup I select Ethernet. It finds the cable. Then select IP automatically and then after a while no DHCP server found. My firmware is 313. Strange is also that when I switch from Ethernet to wifi the SB is doing a firmware upgrade.

When I look in the router I can see that an IP is allocated to the SB (linked to the correct MAC address). I use static IP's.

Any advise on how to proceed is welcome.

Don't select IP Automatically if you have static IP for the SB Classic. Instead, scroll down at that point and select IP manually. Then enter it. Typically, something like 192.168.1.XX, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.1 (latter two are DNS and you can use the IP address of your router)

RealRedHair
2011-03-25, 04:51
Don't select IP Automatically if you have static IP for the SB Classic. Instead, scroll down at that point and select IP manually. Then enter it. Typically, something like 192.168.1.XX, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.1 (latter two are DNS and you can use the IP address of your router)

Even if I enter the IP manually I cannot connect to mysqueezeboxserver.com and my mac. Starnge enough did the firmware change back to 132. If I configure wireless all is fine. Has there been a recent update in firmware?

RealRedHair
2011-03-27, 12:36
Has anybody a suggestion? Thanks.

pski
2011-03-27, 17:00
Has anybody a suggestion? Thanks.

Post more info on the configuration, including what's hooked to what and their static IP's. Type of router and machine running SBS would be good.

P

epoch1970
2011-03-28, 02:10
You could also try connecting a laptop to the same plug and see if that works.
Edit: Hum. There is a lease. Could it be an issue with a firewall on the server ?

RealRedHair
2011-03-28, 10:04
Think I found out. Ethernet cable is broken somewhere. When I attach to other outlet it works. Thanks.