PDA

View Full Version : Does Slacker premium services synch?

Ikabob
2011-03-24, 07:42
I am trying to synchronize a Slacker stacked playlist with multiple players in our home. I am finding that it is not possible to sync with other players. Is this just a normal lack of synching functionality for Slacker? I have no problems synching other music services(rhapsody,Sirius) Thank you.

maggior
2011-03-24, 07:56
Slacker may limit the number of streams per account to a single stream. I ran into a similar issue with Pandora premium - it would sync a few songs and then stop. Somehow Pandora knew that multiple devices were listening to the stream.

Ikabob
2011-03-24, 08:07
Thank you. I have an email into Slacker customer service. You are no doubt right about limiting streams.

toby10
2011-03-24, 08:28
You should be able to Sync if using SBS, that way MySB and Slacker should see only a single stream.
Also make sure you are not logged in on the Slacker web UI somewhere.

Ikabob
2011-03-24, 09:32
Thanks Toby. Yes, I am using SBS so I will check to be sure my mobile app is not signed in.

toby10
2011-03-24, 12:49
Just to confirm, I've had four SB players all Synced with Slacker all afternoon, no problems.
Using TinySC in Touch as the server. Don't know if it matters but I only have the free Slacker subscription.

Ikabob
2011-03-24, 14:54
Well, as it is right now Slacker is streaming with 2 players synced. I think it's fine now. Thanks for the help Maggior and Toby.

FYI, I still am fascinated and I am thoroughly enjoying all the entertainment and great fidelity of the Squeezeboxes stereo system. I think everyone should have at least one. Ron

maggior
2011-03-24, 15:00
I think everyone should have at least one. Ron

Yes...but you can't just have one. You may *think* you can, but you can't.

:-)

Glad things worked out.

toby10
2011-03-25, 04:16
FYI, I still am fascinated and I am thoroughly enjoying all the entertainment and great fidelity of the Squeezeboxes stereo system. I think everyone should have at least one. Ron

Yeah, that's exactly what I say every Friday/Saturday evening "Ok, I'll have just one beer". ;)

I have experienced oddball Slacker playback start up mishaps in the past where Slacker thinks I am logged in elsewhere, which I am 100% certain I am not.
The SB player says "playback stopped, you are logged in already", but a simple press of FFWD fixes that and it plays just fine.

Ikabob
2011-03-25, 11:23
Yes...but you can't just have one. You may *think* you can, but you can't.

:-)

Maggior, you are so right! Mine multiplied like bunnies....and I'm glad!Music everywhere....actually a small price for a complete home music system.