PDA

View Full Version : Unable to scan my library on my ReadyNas Pro Pioneer

amcfarla
2011-03-22, 19:07
When trying to scan my music library I was get the message "Music scan terminated unexpectedly (Directory Scan)" and will never complete a full scan of my library on my ReadyNas Pro Pioneer NAS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the squeezebox client on my NAS and still the same problem. the version I am installing is Version: 7.5.3 - r31792. I have installed the squeezebox software on my PC and scanned the same library on my NAS without any problem, so it is not a music track causing the issue. I am not sure how to solve this problem since I cannot find a post with a solution to this issue. If anyone can be of assistance, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

garym
2011-03-23, 05:28
When trying to scan my music library I was get the message "Music scan terminated unexpectedly (Directory Scan)" and will never complete a full scan of my library on my ReadyNas Pro Pioneer NAS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the squeezebox client on my NAS and still the same problem. the version I am installing is Version: 7.5.3 - r31792. I have installed the squeezebox software on my PC and scanned the same library on my NAS without any problem, so it is not a music track causing the issue. I am not sure how to solve this problem since I cannot find a post with a solution to this issue. If anyone can be of assistance, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

does the scanner log give you any clues?

weevab
2011-03-24, 03:35
I've just tried the same thing. I bumped up the log level for anything scanning related, the log file only shows the last successfully scanned directory. Back to 7.4.2 for the moment...

amcfarla
2011-03-24, 03:48
after looking at the scanner log, it looks like it was a bad track from an album causing the problem. I removed that album and rescanned and it went through without a problem. Strange that the windows version of squeezeserver scanned it without an issue though.

pski
2011-03-24, 16:51
after looking at the scanner log, it looks like it was a bad track from an album causing the problem. I removed that album and rescanned and it went through without a problem. Strange that the windows version of squeezeserver scanned it without an issue though.

See the 3rd party hardware section.