PDA

View Full Version : Need help with local radio station stream

jackaninny
2011-03-19, 15:23
Two weeks ago I could stream these stations to my Boom and Squeezebox - KPAM (http://www.kpam.com/) and KKHD (http://www.1550kkad.com/)

Now I cannot play them - looks like it's trying to play on the Boom but no sound. It looks like they changed to Streamtheworld embedded Flash player. Is there no way around this? Radiotime looks like they still have the old WMA (I believe that's what it used to be) links and I've reported the issue to them.

Here is a link I got from streamingradioguide.com - http://player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?CALLSIGN=KPAMAM

If I paste this link into Slimserver web interface I get the following error: 'There was an error loading the remote feed for : (Failed to parse)'

If I paste the link into my web browser it plays fine.

toby10
2011-03-20, 02:06
KPAM is now an AAC format and can be found and played if you are running SBS server.
KKHD is not found at all by SBS.

Neither station can be found on numerous other station search sites, so they are both very restrictive on who they make their streams available too.
This is a fault of the stations, complain to them. ;)

jackaninny
2011-03-20, 11:16
So that's interesting - I was able to tune in both stations via the SBS web interface - Internet Radio - Local (KKHD is 1550AM)

So where is SBS pulling that stream in from? Why can't I get that same stream via the Boom interface? Are they pulling from two different sources for the stream?

I email both stations asking for an alternate stream link but I'm not holding my breath. Googling the issue it seems like the Streamtheworld format is spreading and causing a number of issues with many different services/devices.

garym
2011-03-20, 12:08
So that's interesting - I was able to tune in both stations via the SBS web interface - Internet Radio - Local (KKHD is 1550AM)

So where is SBS pulling that stream in from? Why can't I get that same stream via the Boom interface? Are they pulling from two different sources for the stream?

I email both stations asking for an alternate stream link but I'm not holding my breath. Googling the issue it seems like the Streamtheworld format is spreading and causing a number of issues with many different services/devices.

You must not have your Boom connected to SbS. Are you instead using mysqueezebox.com? If the streams are AAC and you're using mysb.com, the Boom can't play these. But if you connect your boom to your SbS, it should work.

toby10
2011-03-20, 12:14

So where is SBS pulling that stream in from? Why can't I get that same stream via the Boom interface? Are they pulling from two different sources for the stream?......

They come from the same source which is RadioTime. Both streams are likely AAC streams and your Boom cannot play the AAC format, therefore RadioTime does not show them to you on MySB.com cuz you can't play them anyway. Using SBS and connecting your Boom to SBS, now SBS can transcode the AAC stream into MP3 which your Boom can play.

So just connect your Boom to SBS server and your Boom's interface will now show and play those streams.

jackaninny
2011-03-20, 12:17
You must not have your Boom connected to SbS. Are you instead using mysqueezebox.com? If the streams are AAC and you're using mysb.com, the Boom can't play these. But if you connect your boom to your SbS, it should work.

No the Boom is connected to SBS (I use that 99% of the time for my devices). I just went and tested it again and I can goto the Internet Radio - Local - find the station and hit the play button on the boom and the stream title comes up but no sound. I started fiddling and if I hit the fast forward button on the Boom the stream buffers and then starts playing! It's not across all stations but for sure happens with the two I originally posted about and I noticed also 99.5FM behaves the same. The local public broadcasting station (91.5FM) works as normal.

I'm using 7.5.3 of SBS running on Linux (Ubuntu):

Version: 7.5.3 - r31792 @ Mon Jan 24 07:13:35 PST 2011
Hostname: slimserver
IP: 192.168.2.69
HTTP Port: 9000
Platform: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.10.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.8

garym
2011-03-20, 12:27
No the Boom is connected to SBS (I use that 99% of the time for my devices). I just went and tested it again and I can goto the Internet Radio - Local - find the station and hit the play button on the boom and the stream title comes up but no sound. I started fiddling and if I hit the fast forward button on the Boom the stream buffers and then starts playing! It's not across all stations but for sure happens with the two I originally posted about and I noticed also 99.5FM behaves the same. The local public broadcasting station (91.5FM) works as normal.

I'm using 7.5.3 of SBS running on Linux (Ubuntu):

Version: 7.5.3 - r31792 @ Mon Jan 24 07:13:35 PST 2011
Hostname: slimserver
IP: 192.168.2.69
HTTP Port: 9000
Platform: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.10.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.8

so when you say they stream on SbS, you just mean you see them streaming on the WEB interface. But you never get sound from the stream??

jackaninny
2011-03-20, 12:48
so when you say they stream on SbS, you just mean you see them streaming on the WEB interface. But you never get sound from the stream??

From the SBS WEB interface I see and get sound from them just fine.

From the Boom interface I have the issues described above - find the listing under Internet Radio - Local - no sound on select stations unless I hit the fast forward button.

garym
2011-03-20, 14:07
From the SBS WEB interface I see and get sound from them just fine.

From the Boom interface I have the issues described above - find the listing under Internet Radio - Local - no sound on select stations unless I hit the fast forward button.

That's odd. The SbS web interface doesn't actually have audio itself. Are you using something life softsqueeze or SqueezePlay as a software based player connected to SbS?

jackaninny
2011-03-20, 16:24
That's odd. The SbS web interface doesn't actually have audio itself. Are you using something life softsqueeze or SqueezePlay as a software based player connected to SbS?

Sorry - using the SBS web interface to change the stream on my hardware devices such as the Boom (under SBS - Internet Radio - Local - then I see the list of local stations provided by SBS for my local area) - then I can Favorite,Play or Add to Current Playlist for any of them via the web interface.

garym
2011-03-21, 04:22
Sorry - using the SBS web interface to change the stream on my hardware devices such as the Boom (under SBS - Internet Radio - Local - then I see the list of local stations provided by SBS for my local area) - then I can Favorite,Play or Add to Current Playlist for any of them via the web interface.

And you are 100% sure that the BOOM is not instead connected to mysqueezebox.com? If you login to your SB account at mysqueezebox.com, the boom should show up under players as "disconnected". If it shows up as connected, your Boom is not actually connected to your local SbS.

If your boom is connected to mysb.com, you should use the boom menu to navigate to "my music" and it should offer to change you to your local SbS.

jackaninny
2011-03-21, 08:26
And you are 100% sure that the BOOM is not instead connected to mysqueezebox.com? If you login to your SB account at mysqueezebox.com, the boom should show up under players as "disconnected". If it shows up as connected, your Boom is not actually connected to your local SbS.

If your boom is connected to mysb.com, you should use the boom menu to navigate to "my music" and it should offer to change you to your local SbS.

100% - I'll post a screenshot when I get home today