PDA

View Full Version : How to control a Squeezebox from a Mac

denony
2011-03-09, 23:34
Hi there,

I need to control my Squeezbox Classic from my Mac (Mac OS 10.6.6).
I love "SqeezePlay". It works great but it's a music client and play the music on the Mac,

I don't want that my Mac plays the music. I just want that it controls the Squeezbox with a user a great interface (like the Sqeezeplay one)

Is a such software exist (or may be a Sqeezeplay option can perform that) ?

Thank you

Regards

aubuti
2011-03-09, 23:39
On Squeezeplay, go to Settings > Choose Player and then choose the player you want to control. If you like, you can put "Choose Player" on your Squeezeplay "home menu" via Settings > Home Menu.

denony
2011-03-10, 00:12
Thank you,

Unfortunately, I cant't find "Choose Player" in SqueezePlay "Settings" menus.

In the "Settings menu', there are :
- Shuffle
- Repeat
- Alarm Clock
- Audio setting
- Home Menu
- Image Viewer
- Screen
- Sleep
- Squeezebox Name
- Advanced

I can't find "Setting menu" of the SqueezePlay program itself.

andynormancx
2011-03-10, 00:30
It should be there under "Audio Settings". Are you successfully connected to your local Squeezebox Server ? The "Choose Player" option won't appear until you are.

denony
2011-03-10, 11:10
It should be there under "Audio Settings". Are you successfully connected to your local Squeezebox Server ? The "Choose Player" option won't appear until you are.
Thank you

I had "power-cycled" my Squeezebox Classic, and the "Choose Player" option appeared.

It works great !!!! Many Thank for all you replies.

lrossouw
2011-03-17, 04:02
If you are running the squeezebox server software on a pc then get the IP of that pc in your home network.

Then you can control any player from any internet browser on your network by going to http://ipaddress:9000/