PDA

View Full Version : FLACs being resampled by SC7.5.3

zntrx
2011-02-18, 14:39
After buying a squeezebox duet 2 years ago I've finally gotten around to taking it out of the box!

It's working fine but I'm wondering if anyone can tell my why my FLAC files are being resampled?

On the info screen on the Duet I see for example "Bitrate: 673kbps VBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC)"

The FLACs were ripped from CD to single files have seekpoints set by "metaflac --import-cuesheet-from".

garym
2011-02-18, 15:03
After buying a squeezebox duet 2 years ago I've finally gotten around to taking it out of the box!

It's working fine but I'm wondering if anyone can tell my why my FLAC files are being resampled?

On the info screen on the Duet I see for example "Bitrate: 673kbps VBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC)"

The FLACs were ripped from CD to single files have seekpoints set by "metaflac --import-cuesheet-from".

they are NOT being resampled or converted in any way. This is essentially a "bug" in terms of what is being reported. Search the forums and you'll find lots of discussion of this "reported" number and why it is just a reporting artifact.

andyg
2011-02-18, 15:04
You are seeing that because in 7.5 FLAC+CUE is sent through transcoding. In 7.6, this is no longer the case.

garym
2011-02-18, 15:06
they are NOT being resampled or converted in any way. This is essentially a "bug" in terms of what is being reported. Search the forums and you'll find lots of discussion of this "reported" number and why it is just a reporting artifact.

oops, sorry I didn't see the cue sheet part of the question. My answer is true for FLAC rips as single tracks (not cue sheets).