PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why

parfour
2011-02-10, 12:58
Let me start by saying i love this product line. Affordable multi room audio has reignited my love of music. I have a boom / classic / squeezplay / iPeng etc and love it. It has been faultless and not had anywhere near the problems outlined in the forums. Running my local music of an oooold 512mb freeNas machine without any problems.

But now my rant....

Why oh why does the whole mySqueezebox thing have to be so difficult. The whole if you want local music you connect this way and (re)load the firmware, and if you want Internet radio you go have to connect separately to mysqueezethingy (re)load firmware and off you go...it is a hugely and i feel somewhat unnecessary process....

please lets connect once and be able to call up local and or remote(radio) listening from within the same menu structure....

<rant over - need to reload firmware and goto my fav listening station>

a

ghostrider
2011-02-10, 13:04
Why don't you listen to internet radio from your local server? That way you won't have to change to mysb.com and reload the firmware. Ever looked at the internet radio on your local server?

toby10
2011-02-10, 13:36
...........it is a hugely and i feel somewhat unnecessary process....

Indeed, it is completely unnecessary, don't switch to MySB.com.
All of your MySB Favorites and all Apps are accessible from SBS on your NAS.

Phil Leigh
2011-02-10, 13:57
Let me start by saying i love this product line. Affordable multi room audio has reignited my love of music. I have a boom / classic / squeezplay / iPeng etc and love it. It has been faultless and not had anywhere near the problems outlined in the forums. Running my local music of an oooold 512mb freeNas machine without any problems.

But now my rant....

Why oh why does the whole mySqueezebox thing have to be so difficult. The whole if you want local music you connect this way and (re)load the firmware, and if you want Internet radio you go have to connect separately to mysqueezethingy (re)load firmware and off you go...it is a hugely and i feel somewhat unnecessary process....

please lets connect once and be able to call up local and or remote(radio) listening from within the same menu structure....

<rant over - need to reload firmware and goto my fav listening station>

a

It's real easy - just NEVER connect to my.sb.com - I never have :-)

Blisteringblue
2011-02-11, 04:55
Exactly as others have posted, you sound like you have a NAS on 24/7 so there really is no need to use mysb.com ?

mysb.com was really only for those who wanted to listen to music without their sb server on?