PDA

View Full Version : Problem with radio station(s)

j.com
2011-02-08, 17:09
Hi all, new member here and first post. I do like the concept of the squeeze system but it's darn near a part time job trying to figure it all out. Overall I'm satisfied. I have a Radio and a Boom for 2 months now and having some difficulty streaming some radio stations. I am using sbs 7.5.3 r31792 on a windows 7 setup. Wireless with 80%-100% signal.Server wired. First station is KLEJ. Up untill about a month ago I could stream this no problem. Now it won't play. I contacted Liquid Compass 3 weeks ago with no response yet. KLEJ was also kind enough to contact them with no response either. Hmm. Can anyone else get this to work and if so how? Another station "Foggy Mountain" (internet only?) sometimes plays, sometimes not. Seems like a crap shoot a some stations. Maybe play today maybe not. Some stations NEVER play so why are they even in the menu? Kind of frustrating as I like internet radio. Thanks for giving a newb a hand.

toby10
2011-02-09, 04:29
Both stations are very limited in distribution, this is the fault of the stations themselves. KLEJ is not listed on any other service that I can find.

Foggy is also listed on the Reciva site and also does not play from there.
I'd send an email to Foggy, tell them to go to www.Reciva.com > Genre > Search, enter Foggy, then try to play it. Let them see for themselves that it does not play.

I'd also send an email to www.RadioTime.com and give the same details, they handle these streams for SqueezeBox players.

You picked two badly run stations that are both doing a horrible job marketing their streams and making their streams reliable. ;)

j.com
2011-02-09, 07:07
Thanks, and I'll try that and see what they say. The thing about Foggy Mountain is that sometimes it will play. I have found plenty of stations that are on the radio menu and they dont play. Why list them if they do not play?(short rant)

toby10
2011-02-09, 09:12
Any number of reasons:
- their server is full (maxed out # of allowed listeners)
- their stream is unreliable
- bad stream formatting (mms: type streams are notoriously glitchy)
- they don't bother to check their own stream
- server issues with the stream aggregator (RadioTime in this example)
- etc...

j.com
2011-02-09, 09:27
Any number of reasons:
- their server is full (maxed out # of allowed listeners)
- their stream is unreliable
- bad stream formatting (mms: type streams are notoriously glitchy)
- they don't bother to check their own stream
- server issues with the stream aggregator (RadioTime in this example)
- etc...

Thank you. I especially like the last reason. I'm still laughing. But seriously I am educated a bit by your response. I guess the reasons go on and on...

Did send email to Radiotime, re-sent to liquidcompass, and KLEJ is "trying" to help also.

crisp
2011-02-20, 15:24
I have similar problems with internet radio stations suddenly disappearing. I have listened for months to BELLYUP4BLUES, but now it won't play on neither my SB3 or brand new Boom. Squeezebox server says it is connecting and the BELLYUP4BLUES banner shows. Even the title of the current track is showing. But no sound! and no buffering. On the other hand, if I go the RadioTime website I can get BELLYUP4BLUES to play on my PC. What is wrong here? Radio Paradise and other stations play fine.

toby10
2011-02-21, 03:57
Email RadioTime and inform them the BellyUp stream is not working. It is reported as WMA and does not play on MySB nor SBS server.

In the mean time you can cut & paste this URL for BellyUp http://64.62.252.134:5100 into your Favorites.
But this URL is likely to change from time to time so it is not a permanent solution.

crisp
2011-02-21, 22:17
Email RadioTime and inform them the BellyUp stream is not working. It is reported as WMA and does not play on MySB nor SBS server.

In the mean time you can cut & paste this URL for BellyUp http://64.62.252.134:5100 into your Favorites.
But this URL is likely to change from time to time so it is not a permanent solution.

Thank you Toby
BellyUp4Blues is working on my SB3 and Boom again. I emailed BellyUp's tech person. Maybe that helped.

Paul Webster
2011-03-05, 08:37
FYI - Foggy Mountain does work fine on a Reciva device (using the station from their database).
It shows as a 131Kbps AAC stream.
Their web-based stream laucher is very simplistic and for some stream URLs it does not result in something playing even though it works on the devices.
RadioTime has the same stream URL.

chipmalee
2011-03-09, 02:34
I came upon this topic by accident. I've always wonder where to report bad links in my SB radio. Glad to see toby10 is here to help.

I reported these to RadioTime, so let's see what happens.
http://radiotime.com/contact-us.aspx

So here's 2 stations I had problems with recently.

1. 95.9 The Rat - This was playing on my SB up until 3 months ago. Now it has completely disappeared from the SB rooster. I had signed up on RadioTime but not sure what is the link I am suppose to put in my SB favorites. None of these play on my SB.

http://radiotime.com/station/s_22319/The_Rat_959.aspx

2. KJOY not showing on SB rooster but RadioTime popup link works for SB.

http://radiotime.com/station/s_30234/KJOY_983.aspx
http://stream.radiotime.com/listen.stream?streamId=2773236&rti=cER2HwpVf3BWEisbEwBWQ1YvSEhBWQg9TgFeVkxWEVIUBQ MqDANYFVBQcXwEX1ZmXE4AXQVGXHUeHwFyBxtdQAdCWhM%2bHw BHUysGVVtQYgcYbx8fAgo%3d%7e%7e%7e

toby10
2011-03-09, 05:55
The most common cause of "it was listed before, now it is not" is due to the station changing it's streaming format, usually changing to AAC format.
AAC stations are not listed on SB players when connected to MySB.com and using the RadioTime library. But these AAC streams are listed if using SBS server.
If using MySB you can cut & paste an AAC URL into your MySB > Favorites (or Tune in URL) they will play on a Touch or Radio, they will not play on the older SB players (SB1/2/3, Duet, Boom).
The AAC stream will play on ALL players if connected to SBS server.