Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    • May 2008

Re-visiting Wolfgang's Vault on Squeezebox

About once a year I bug Wolfgang's Vault asking that they make their streaming (at least for premium members) available to SB users. I noted that recently they are now on SONOS. Any others that are interested should contact them via their web contact and ask for squeezebox support.

My response from Wolfgang's Vault (basically the response I always get).
    ====================================
    Thanks for writing in and sharing. We have had some members voice the same concern about supporting the Logitech Squeeze Box. Although our current applications only support the iPhone, Sonos, and Boxee, we are working hard to obtain more great content and extend our services to a wider array of devices.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify
  • SCI4All
    • Feb 2011

Added my request.

Alright I visited the page and left my request. Of course I got the same response, but maybe if enough of us request it we'll get it.

Comment

• garym
      • May 2008

Originally posted by SCI4All
      Alright I visited the page and left my request. Of course I got the same response, but maybe if enough of us request it we'll get it.
      thanks. I'd really love to stream wolfgang's shows via my SB setup. I can do it another way, but just a hassle. And given that they now work with SONOS, it adds insult to injury that I can't do it with my SB!
      Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
      Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
      Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• maggior
        • Dec 2006

If you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone, you might be interested in their iPod Touch/iPhone app. It's pretty cool and is free and does not seem to require a subscription. However it would be nice to see it on the squeezebox too.

The iPod app is great, despite the poor reviews. Many of the reviews comment on the music, referring to it as "old" and of "poor sound quality". I guess most folks don't read exactly what they are downloading :-). I only wish it would do gapless playback, but you can't have everything.

I think I'll send WV an email tonight requesting it on the squeezebox.

EDIT - Message sent. I'm sure I'll get the same response, but it doesn't hurt.
        Last edited by maggior; 2011-02-18, 19:19.
        Rich
        ---------
        Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
        Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
        http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Comment

• garym
          • May 2008

Originally posted by maggior
          If you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone, you might be interested in their iPod Touch/iPhone app. It's pretty cool and is free and does not seem to require a subscription. However it would be nice to see it on the squeezebox too.

The iPod app is great, despite the poor reviews. Many of the reviews comment on the music, referring to it as "old" and of "poor sound quality". I guess most folks don't read exactly what they are downloading :-). I only wish it would do gapless playback, but you can't have everything.

I think I'll send WV an email tonight requesting it on the squeezebox.
          Agree. I've had the iphone app for a while. And I use it a bit. But I'm no longer set up to play my iphone through my home stereo so it's not that useful (and lack of gapless).

I find the quality of some of these pretty damn good. Then again I've listened to 100s of grateful dead concert soundboards/audience recordings so I understand the context of live (non official) recordings. And for a guy that loves the 60s/early 70s, Wolfgang's is a goldmine!

Comment

Working...