PDA

View Full Version : Siriusly? I'm NOT authorized?

Guy48065
2011-02-08, 11:04
I'm an XM subscriber and now that the plug-in no longer works I've enabled the Sirius App. Now I discover there's been a problem with lots of users experiencing the "Stream Stopped, you are no longer authorized to listen" kick-out message. I Searched many complaint posts but have found no fix for the App. Only work-around found was to use the 3rd party "(not so) Sirius" plugin but since the recent website change that no longer works either.

Have I missed the solution or do I need to chill & wait for someone to develop one?

Guy48065
2011-02-09, 10:45
Bump

garym
2011-02-09, 11:54
Bump

I've tried testing, but on my end I can play for 3 or 4 hours with no interruption (I'm in the US, an XM subscriber, with a subscription to the internet streaming option within XM). And I did have to change my name for the internet stream option from my email address (my xmradio login) to something else before I could get the sirius plugin to work. And I'm using squeezeboxServer (not mysb.com) if that matters.

bwaldron
2011-02-09, 14:26
I've tried testing, but on my end I can play for 3 or 4 hours with no interruption (I'm in the US, an XM subscriber, with a subscription to the internet streaming option within XM). And I did have to change my name for the internet stream option from my email address (my xmradio login) to something else before I could get the sirius plugin to work. And I'm using squeezeboxServer (not mysb.com) if that matters.

Same exact situation here, and no problems (so far) being logged out.

Guy48065
2011-02-10, 10:35
I'm no network whiz so I don't know why this affects some users but not others. I just want a simple system that streams XM to my HT without constantly needing to be poked, upgraded, re-configured and tweaked.
From reading this thread
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=71255&page=4
it appears even the engineers don't know the cause--and it's been a problem for well over a year. Now that former XM-only subs are piling on to the Sirius app I expect the complaints to increase proportionally.

spedinfargo
2011-02-10, 22:14
I'm no network whiz so I don't know why this affects some users but not others. I just want a simple system that streams XM to my HT without constantly needing to be poked, upgraded, re-configured and tweaked.
From reading this thread
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=71255&page=4
it appears even the engineers don't know the cause--and it's been a problem for well over a year. Now that former XM-only subs are piling on to the Sirius app I expect the complaints to increase proportionally.

I think I just started getting this in the last month or two - I don't usually listen to Sirius so I've only really noticed it when I accidentally leave it running overnight or after I leave for work - I'll get back and notice that the Sirius stream has just turned itself off...