PDA

View Full Version : SiriusXM on Squeezebox Classic

hoob
2011-02-05, 12:09
Well, it looks like Sirius and XM have merged their online streaming and XM Radio on its own no longer exists. Neil Potter's excellent 3rd party plug-in for XM no longer works and is no longe needed. Question is, how to I get the new SiriusXM to work with my SqueezeBox Classic, or whatever the old 2-line display model is?

I can't seem to find any way to connect it to the mysqueezebox online service or use the "official" Sirius application, and I can't get the Greg Brown plug-in to work either ("Network error count reached" -- though I'm not sure that 2008-era plugin is even current/relevant anymore.)

Any suggestions on how I can get XM Radio streaming on my SBC again? Running server 7.6.

garym
2011-02-05, 12:19
Well, it looks like Sirius and XM have merged their online streaming and XM Radio on its own no longer exists. Neil Potter's excellent 3rd party plug-in for XM no longer works and is no longe needed. Question is, how to I get the new SiriusXM to work with my SqueezeBox Classic, or whatever the old 2-line display model is?

I can't seem to find any way to connect it to the mysqueezebox online service or use the "official" Sirius application, and I can't get the Greg Brown plug-in to work either ("Network error count reached" -- though I'm not sure that 2008-era plugin is even current/relevant anymore.)

Any suggestions on how I can get XM Radio streaming on my SBC again? Running server 7.6.

see this thread.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=608604#post608604

key is changing your xm/sirus internet streaming userid to something else, and then using this in the setting of the sirius app. go to mysqueezebox.com, app gallery, install the sirius app, go to settings and set it up. Then whether you are using mysb.com or your own SbS, you'll see sirius under "my apps".

bwaldron
2011-02-05, 13:37
Yes, what garym said. It's working for me on my SB3 after setting up the app on mysqueezebox.com. I did have to change my internet radio username at the SiriusXM site (I was previously using an email address that was apparently too long) before I could log in with the app.

garym
2011-02-05, 14:38
Yes, what garym said. It's working for me on my SB3 after setting up the app on mysqueezebox.com. I did have to change my internet radio username at the SiriusXM site (I was previously using an email address that was apparently too long) before I could log in with the app.

my userid was my email address and even though less than 20 characters, I still had to create a separate userid name/pw at the sirius web page for internet streaming account before I could get streaming working. Now works perfectly!

hoob
2011-02-06, 11:27
Thanks, I'd done all that and it just Didn't Work. Now I try it today and it works fine on both my Squeezebox Classic and my Radio; no other changes. Hmmmmm...

Yesterday it just wouldn't show up on my SBC menu, and the Radio said it had been registered on some one else's mysqueezecenter account or something (I bought it new and never recall playing around with the morasse that is the online service from Logitech.)

Thanks for the input, back to listening to music :)

EDIT: now I'm getting the "Stream stopped, you are no longer authorized to listen" error after 10-50minutes of playing. Looks like this is something that's been afflicting the Sirius streaming fo years and no one's bothered fixing. :|

Guy48065
2011-02-07, 15:51
EDIT: now I'm getting the "Stream stopped, you are no longer authorized to listen" error after 10-50minutes of playing. Looks like this is something that's been afflicting the Sirius streaming fo years and no one's bothered fixing. :|

Me too :(
I think the plug-in worked better.