PDA

View Full Version : Softsqueeze 3.8

stirlingmc
2011-02-02, 15:09
I have a Squeezebox 3 (classic), but when I attempt to open Softsqueeze it says "Connection failed. Please check server settings".

It has been working until recently, and even when re-installed offers the same response.

Can someone help me to re-activate Softsqueeze, please?

stirlingmc

pski
2011-02-02, 16:04
I have a Squeezebox 3 (classic), but when I attempt to open Softsqueeze it says "Connection failed. Please check server settings".

It has been working until recently, and even when re-installed offers the same response.

Can someone help me to re-activate Softsqueeze, please?

stirlingmc

/settings/plug-ins/

Scroll to the bottom and check "Show all 3rd party plugins" and APPLY

SoftSqueeze (I think the current version is 3.9b1) will show up as a plugin called "Community Softsqueeze."

Check it and APPLY. I don't remember if you will need to restart SBS. Just select it under Home/extras to re-install.

You will probably want to install the Java MP3 plugin to improve the audio quality. It is here: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=javamp3-1_0-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer

P

This implies you are using the current SBS version..

stirlingmc
2011-02-10, 14:36
PSKI,

Thanks for the advice. Problem now solved following the installation of SOFTSQUEEZE 3.9b1.

Regards,

stirlingmc