PDA

View Full Version : SqueezePlay Library Connection

TMBarton
2011-02-02, 13:06
I have an odd problem with SqueezePlay not connecting to my library. I'm running Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 on CentOS 5.2 installed a week ago from a fresh download, and SqueezePlay on Win 7 64bit from the 7.5.3 nightly build around the same time.

I also have a SB Touch which works perfectly with the same server.

When I run SPlay I can't connect to my library, when I try to do it (for example by clicking My Music or going into the settings and selecting a new library with the right IP address) I get a longish period where SP has a "Connecting to Server Music" on the screen, which eventually times out telling me it couldn't connect and to check everything was switched on and connected, etc.

The funny thing is that there is some connection between the two. For example, "Server Music" is the name I've given the library, so it's been able to determine that from the server. Also, I can push music to SP from the server's web interface, and make it play stuff from the server, by selecting it in the server-side web interface drop-down list of players.

I don't think it's a firewall issue, there is none running on the CentOS server and I've tried disabling the firewall (AVG) on the Windows machine, no change. However I have the same behaviour on 2 windows machines, both running W7 x64. Don't have easy access to any other client machines with different operating systems to try unfortunately. However my SB Touch works perfectly, indicating perhaps that the server setup is OK. All machines (Win and CentOS) are fully patched to latest fixes/packages.

Anybody any idea where to look next?

Cheers,
Trevor

pski
2011-02-02, 16:18
I have an odd problem with SqueezePlay not connecting to my library. I'm running Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 on CentOS 5.2 installed a week ago from a fresh download, and SqueezePlay on Win 7 64bit from the 7.5.3 nightly build around the same time.

I also have a SB Touch which works perfectly with the same server.

When I run SPlay I can't connect to my library, when I try to do it (for example by clicking My Music or going into the settings and selecting a new library with the right IP address) I get a longish period where SP has a "Connecting to Server Music" on the screen, which eventually times out telling me it couldn't connect and to check everything was switched on and connected, etc.

The funny thing is that there is some connection between the two. For example, "Server Music" is the name I've given the library, so it's been able to determine that from the server. Also, I can push music to SP from the server's web interface, and make it play stuff from the server, by selecting it in the server-side web interface drop-down list of players.

I don't think it's a firewall issue, there is none running on the CentOS server and I've tried disabling the firewall (AVG) on the Windows machine, no change. However I have the same behaviour on 2 windows machines, both running W7 x64. Don't have easy access to any other client machines with different operating systems to try unfortunately. However my SB Touch works perfectly, indicating perhaps that the server setup is OK. All machines (Win and CentOS) are fully patched to latest fixes/packages.

Anybody any idea where to look next?

Cheers,
Trevor

I'd look into SoftSqueeze..