PDA

View Full Version : Can't stream anything

pudding
2011-02-02, 02:11
Tried to stream some music just now with my Boom or squeezeplay, from either Last.fm, BBCIplayer or Napster and none of them will connect.

Everything seems to be working ok, apart from the plugins tab in SBserver, which comes up with the message 'Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com'

Not sure of its a server problem or mySB.com problem. Any ideas?

toby10
2011-02-02, 04:27
Are you running SBS on a NAS? Try stopping & restarting SBS server on the NAS.
Also verify your MySB credentials on SBS > Settings > MySqueezeBox.com
Also try SBS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL ports, pings, IP's?

pudding
2011-02-02, 04:43
Sorry should have added more info.

Running SBS on my Win7 x64 desktop, and have stopped and restarted the server, no success. In the diagnostics all is reported as ok. Trying to stream all 3 sources I use results in 'Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com'

garym
2011-02-02, 05:22
Sorry should have added more info.

Running SBS on my Win7 x64 desktop, and have stopped and restarted the server, no success. In the diagnostics all is reported as ok. Trying to stream all 3 sources I use results in 'Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com'

do a reboot on your network (turn off computer, SB player (unplug), and turn off router. Reboot, let router fully start, then turn on computer, let fully boot and SbS start, then turn on (add power) to SB player.

pudding
2011-02-03, 06:49
Rebooted the rooter and PC and all working ok again. I have static assigned IP's though through my router so not sure why that would have worked?