PDA

View Full Version : secondhand classic v3

wub868
2011-02-01, 14:05
Hi i've already got 2 classics and recently bought a third from ebay. My problem is, when i try to use my apps, ie iplayer, it says my classic is already registered to another user and cannot use this funtion, please ask them to remove this device from their "mysqueezecentre", or visit mysqueezecentre.com \support, or words to that effect.

I've looked everywhere and cant find anything related to this and cant find the ebayer seller either as i bought it last year and did'nt relize i had a problem untill i started using iplayer this year.

Anyone have anyidea how to remove my classic from this other guys mysqueezecentre?

Oh and doing a factory reset does'nt do it.

Thanks

garym
2011-02-01, 14:14
Hi i've already got 2 classics and recently bought a third from ebay. My problem is, when i try to use my apps, ie iplayer, it says my classic is already registered to another user and cannot use this funtion, please ask them to remove this device from their "mysqueezecentre", or visit mysqueezecentre.com \support, or words to that effect.

I've looked everywhere and cant find anything related to this and cant find the ebayer seller either as i bought it last year and did'nt relize i had a problem untill i started using iplayer this year.

Anyone have anyidea how to remove my classic from this other guys mysqueezecentre?

Oh and doing a factory reset does'nt do it.

Thanks

contact logitech support with the MAC address from the classic (on bottom or back of unit) and they can remove from the seller's account.

toby10
2011-02-01, 15:08
SB3 > Settings > Information > MySqueezeBox.com > Account
.... will reveal the previous users email. Email the seller and ask seller to delete it or contact support as suggested, or do both and see which replies first. :)

wub868
2011-02-07, 06:52
Hi sorry i cant seem to make that work. Setting in squeezebox server? I did squeezebox server > setting (new window)> information, then i saw the devices i have, but no means of going further without going back which did'nt work either?

alfista
2011-02-07, 09:33
No, it's in the menus on the SB3 itself.

wub868
2011-02-22, 09:41
tried that, but there is no "mysqueezebox.com" after information, only information on the player it self. I did find a mysqueezebox.com at the beginning menu, but when clicked, proceeds to download new firmware and restarts it self. Then if i go back to the other menu, it down loads new firmware again. It keeps doing this everytime i switch from one menu request to the other!!! Also i emailed logitec 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing, so i'm stuck!

toby10
2011-02-22, 10:56
If your player keeps getting FW updates it is likely due to you switching between SBS server on your computer and MySqueezeBox.com online.

Stop SBS on your computer, enter player Setup menu (press & hold left arrow), select "connect to MySqueezeBox.com", let it get the FW update and let it reboot.
After reboot you should be on MySqueezeBox.com (should see MySqueezeBox.com in upper left of screen, below that probably says Now Playing, this means you are on the Home menu).
Now try Settings > Info > MySqueezeBox.com

When you emailed Logitech did you give the EXACT make, model, serial number, MAC address number as is listed on the bottom of the SB3? They cannot delete it absent that info.

Have you tried calling support?

whdean
2011-02-22, 17:08
Want to try a "cheat" ?

Hold the left arrow down - When the menu appears, arrow down to Current Settings -

Go right and then arrow down to the MAC address - It will let you arrow right and change the MAC address -

Not sure i the MAC's were issued to SB's sequentially, but just in case, change a few of the digits in the address - Move the digit up or down one on a couple of them.

If it doesn't work, just put it back to the original MAC - It's on the sticker on the bottom of the unit.

Assuming your newly minted NMAC address is not in the database, mysqueezebox.com should let you register.

MrSinatra
2011-02-22, 19:25
easiest way?

make the phone call. i've had slim mix up my clients and my parents clients, and they sorted it out.

toby10
2011-02-23, 03:25
I wouldn't recommend arbitrarily picking random MAC #'s for your SB players, this could really mess things up.
Assuming MySB even allows your random selected MAC # on it's server, you might even end up duplicating a present or future SB MAC #, now two users will have issues.
This has happened before on even brand new SB players where the factory mistakenly assigned duplicate MAC #'s.

By all means use the suggestion to verify & correct the MAC # assigned to your player, matched to the MAC # on the player sticker. Beyond that, call support. ;)

urisavor
2011-02-23, 04:18
I wouldn't worry too much about duplicate MAC. To be sure, just change the first digit to anything but 0 - and you are all set.
e-mailing Logitech support worked for me twice already, with problem solved well within 24 hours.