PDA

View Full Version : Grouping Tracks to use in Playlists

Fried
2011-01-28, 10:05
I have an album containing 2 Beethoven symphonies with 3 and 4 tracks each.
I want to use these as a whole, so Symphonie Nr.5 and Symphonie Nr.6.
Is there any easy way to do this?

aubuti
2011-01-28, 10:37
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you are manually creating a playlist, just add them together the way you want them. Are there other tracks on the album that you don't want to add? If so, then you could add the album to the playlist, and then delete the tracks you don't want from the playlist. Or alternatively you could add the individual tracks you want in the correct order.

If you mean so that they always play together in a randomly-generated (or semi-randomly-generated playlist), then no, there isn't an easy way to keep them together. I think there are some difficult ways to do it, such as combining them into a single file.

Statto
2011-01-28, 10:38
This should help. Erland's Custom Browse, Custom Scan and Multi Library plugins are invaluable for doing exactly what you want.

I use mp3tag for all my tagging. It's very easy to create the required custom tags - WORK, WORKSORT, etc

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_browse_menu_for_classical_music

Fried
2011-01-29, 03:43
@Statto
Thank you, I'm going to try this.
But I don't see how I can add a whole work (containing 3 songs) to a playlist as a whole, so that is not disturbed by partial or total shuffeling.

erland
2011-01-30, 00:23
But I don't see how I can add a whole work (containing 3 songs) to a playlist as a whole, so that is not disturbed by partial or total shuffeling.

You can't.

If you are talking about random playlists, I think the only way it might be possible to make this work is to make sure each work is tagged as an individual album and play random playlists with Random Mix or Dynamic Playlist plugin and select to play random albums. This will add one album at the time and if I remember correctly it won't shuffle the songs within an album.

I think it should be possible to do a "Random Works" playlists with custom WORK tags if you use Custom Scan, SQL Playlist and Dynamic Playlist plugin but it will require that you know some SQL so you can configure the SQL Playlist as there isn't any predefiend templates for this particular scenario.