PDA

View Full Version : Music Folder

Tim-Ann
2011-01-25, 14:36
Hi there,

Using Tranquil WHS with latest SB server software but I have two folders with FLAC and MP3's in Music folder. But If I set my music folder as FLAC to scan it seems to scan all the music files in both the FLAC and MP3 folders can I stop this happening so it only picks up and uses my FLAC folder?

Many thanks, Tim.

pski
2011-01-25, 16:11
Hi there,

Using Tranquil WHS with latest SB server software but I have two folders with FLAC and MP3's in Music folder. But If I set my music folder as FLAC to scan it seems to scan all the music files in both the FLAC and MP3 folders can I stop this happening so it only picks up and uses my FLAC folder?

Many thanks, Tim.

Point only to the folder containing flacs rather than the folder that contains both flacs and mp3's.

P

Tim-Ann
2011-01-26, 02:29
HI there,

That is what I have done but it still picks up other music folders despite this?

Just loading 7.5.3 to see if that makes a difference?

Tim.

bonze
2011-01-26, 03:40
Maybe if you describe your folder structure and how you have setup SBS, so others can visualise your problem?

What entry do you have in Basic Settings > Music Folder?

cliver
2011-01-26, 04:20
Sound like you have a similar folder structure to me.
I have
My Music/Home library/FLAC/Artist/Album/Title.flac
My Music/Home library/MP3/Artist/Album/Title.mp3
If i point SBS at Home Library it scans allmy files(this is my normal use).
Over the past few days I have pointed at the FLAC or MP3 folders for test purposes and it has scanned only the relevant files fine.

It sounds to me asif your folder structure isn't as you describe/think.
Let us know what your folder structure is and your basic settings as Bronze suggests so we can see what is going on.

Tim-Ann
2011-01-26, 12:28
Hi there,

I have a very simple structure, in the Music folder I have 3 folders Tim's FLAC. Tim's MP3's and Playlist that is it but despite pointing SB to uses only Tim's FLAC as my music folders it does nopt it pickes up both the FLAC and MP3 folders.

In SB Music folder \\SERVER\Music|Tim's FLAC

Current Squeezebox Server software is 7.5.3

Many thanks for your help.

Tim.

Mnyb
2011-01-26, 12:50
Any playlist that points to the mp3's ?

You don't have any shortcut linking to mp3 from flac ?

Tim-Ann
2011-01-26, 14:12
Hi there,

No the playlist has only been set to the FLAC files I just wanted to have my music all in the Music Folder and have removed other folders and done a clean rescan but firstly removing the playlist.

Tim.

tipsen
2011-01-27, 02:14
In SB Music folder \\SERVER\Music|Tim's FLAC
Is the vertical pipe (|) on purpose?

Tim-Ann
2011-01-27, 02:27
Hi there,

Not sure how it got there it is supposed to be a \ not vertical.

Many thanks, Tim.

tipsen
2011-01-27, 02:31
Maybe the ' in "Tim's FLAC" is causing problems? Try \\SERVER\Music\FLAC instead (just create the folder and copy one album to see if it works)

gizek
2011-01-28, 00:20
Happened to me once. Reinstalling SBS solved the problem. Don't forget to delete the playlist folder too.

I could not really pinpoint the problem. I think one of the reason was disconnecting the external HDD where I kept all my music library. For some reason, SBS was not able to see any files in any folder even after HDD was reconnected. It happened only in Windows system though. After I switched to Linux, all my problems with SBS magically disappeared :-)

bobkoure
2011-01-29, 15:26
If you just want SBS to ignore MP3 files, why not go to Advanced/File Types and add MP3 to the types of files being ignored?
If you've got cue files, but keep your FLAC files as separate tracks, IMO, it's a good idea to ignore CUE as well (but that has nothing to do with your current issue)

Tim-Ann
2011-01-31, 05:03
Hi there,

Renamed it to just FLAC will see what happens next already do a clean install of SBS with a total uninstall of the previous version.

Will report back once I've rescanned.

Many thanks everyone, Tim.