PDA

View Full Version : no squeezeplay audio on win7 64bit

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 10:26
not sure if this is the place for this question, but I've just moved everything to a new pc running windows 7 64 bit, and squeezeplay works prefectly BUT there is no sound- I can see the player working but no audio. is there a trick I'm missing or has development of this application not caught up yet?

TIA
tom

kidstypike
2011-01-23, 10:36
not sure if this is the place for this question, but I've just moved everything to a new pc running windows 7 64 bit, and squeezeplay works prefectly BUT there is no sound- I can see the player working but no audio. is there a trick I'm missing or has development of this application not caught up yet?

TIA
tom

Works fine on Windows 7 64 bit here. Is your volume on the player turned right up?

garym
2011-01-23, 10:43
Works fine on Windows 7 64 bit here. Is your volume on the player turned right up?

+1. And make sure that within SqueezePlay you have chosen Squeezeplay as the PLAYER (as it can also function as the controller for ANOTHER player). Should work fine on win7 64 (using it as I type)

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 10:50
volume is set to max, I've tested the pc speakers by playing one of the mp3s in WMP, and settings>choose a player is the ip address of my squeezebox on my wifi network. by the behavior it seems as though the volume is muted somehow as I can SEE the songs play and song time elapse in the squeezeplay window...

garym
2011-01-23, 10:53
volume is set to max, I've tested the pc speakers by playing one of the mp3s in WMP, and settings>choose a player is the ip address of my squeezebox on my wifi network. by the behavior it seems as though the volume is muted somehow as I can SEE the songs play and song time elapse in the squeezeplay window...

I'm confused. if "choose a player" is set to the IP of the squeezebox on your wifi network (I assume some sort of hardware SB player?), then it is NOT set to SQUEEZEPLAY on the computer running Squeezeplay. Are you following me with the idea that squeezeplay is both a controller and player, so within SqueezePLAY you must select the squeezeplay software program as the PLAYER? WMP has nothing to do with the issue as I suspect you just don't have SqueezePlay selected as the player.

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 11:07
I'm the one who is confused,. the only player that shows on squeezeplay is 192.168.1.xxx in the "choose a player" menu. as far as I can recall, this is always how I had it set, and squeezeplay would play on my pc in sync with the squeezebox attached to my stereo in another part of the house, and I would control everything with either the hardware squeezebox remote there, ipeng on my iphone, or the squeezebox server running on an ie window on the pc running squeezeplay
t

garym
2011-01-23, 11:12
I'm the one who is confused,. the only player that shows on squeezeplay is 192.168.1.xxx in the "choose a player" menu. as far as I can recall, this is always how I had it set, and squeezeplay would play on my pc in sync with the squeezebox attached to my stereo in another part of the house, and I would control everything with either the hardware squeezebox remote there, ipeng on my iphone, or the squeezebox server running on an ie window on the pc running squeezeplay
t

hmmm, that helps I think. I assume the player at 192.168.1.xxx is your other hardware player. Try giving your SqueezePlay "player" a name (from within the squeezeplay menu). Something like Tom's SP Player. This should make it more obvious when you see it as a player. Also, make sure that the SP Player is not accidentally connected as a player at mysqueezebox.com instead. Go to mysqueezebox.com and see if the SqueezePlay player shows up there. It should, but should also show up as disconnected if not connected to mysb.com. Did you enter your mysqueezebox.com credentials in the Squeezeplay player as well?

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 11:43
OK, I got this to work thanks to your help, but the whole time I had my previous pc I don't think I ever used the mysqueezebox.com website and everything worked..the old pc has settings>choose a player and the choices were my squeezebox.com or toms (name of the old PC) with a check by toms, and it all worked. Maybe something has changed since then, in any case, now that I know it works, is is still possible to sync with the 192.168.1.xxx hardware player like I had it working before? (even though there was a little lag, the listening areas are separated enough so it doesn't matter...)
thanks again for the help
tom

garym
2011-01-23, 11:57
Yep. You can still sync.

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 13:11
excellent, thanks, everything seems to be working once again, the only issue is in the squeezebox control panel when I tried to enter my account under the "account" tab, I get "an unexpected error occurred while validating your squeezebox.com account, please make sure network connectivity is working fine" I renewed my password and it still gives the same error...

any ideas on that? If not, I'll just start a new thread..
thanks again
tom

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 13:19
I try to put the correct info in SBS and I get invalid username or password...I'm going to close everything reboot and try again I think...
t

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 13:58
that didn't help...any ideas?

garym
2011-01-23, 14:18
Try turning off your computer running SbS, then turn off your router. reboot router and let fully start, then turn on computer and let SbS fully start.

Once SbS is started, go to SbS Control Panel, click on diagnostics tab, and check all the ports as responding OK.

p.s. did you install SbS as an administrator. Been a while since I did this, but seems like I may have had to right click on the install program and "install as administrator" or something like that. Try that too.

tom.jelly
2011-01-23, 15:30
I rebooted the router and pc, but that didn't do it. Uninstalled and reinstalled sbs and that worked, Just need to play around with it now and see if everything else still works.

thanks!
tom