PDA

View Full Version : No sound commining from Squeezebox receiver

Airlia
2011-01-16, 10:17
My Squeezebox shows music playing in the display but there is no sound output to my stereo receiver. I have checked the inputs on the receiver by switching devices and have determined the inputs on the stereo to be working just fine. So I believe the problem to be with the Squeezebox itself or the wires connecting the two. Has anyone else encountered this problem as well? My unit is approximately 3 years old.

finnbrodersen
2011-01-16, 10:58
My Squeezebox shows music playing in the display but there is no sound output to my stereo receiver. I have checked the inputs on the receiver by switching devices and have determined the inputs on the stereo to be working just fine. So I believe the problem to be with the Squeezebox itself or the wires connecting the two. Has anyone else encountered this problem as well? My unit is approximately 3 years old.

I have had the same problem once or twice. Alas I do not remember how I fixed the problem. But try the normal stuff, i.e. reboot router, SBserver PC, SBController and SBReceiver.

htrd
2011-01-16, 11:56
there is no sound output to my stereo receiver.

I had the same thing. The music stopped mid-track, which eliminated any setup problems. My unit was only a few months old so the vendor replaced it without question.

Mr. Floppy
2011-01-17, 07:01
I having the same problem. For me it helps to restart the receiver (disconnect/connect power).

Soulkeeper
2011-01-17, 07:08
If you run on WiFi, this could be caused by a major WiFi dropout. If possible, connect the Receiver via Ethernet instead.

WAD62
2011-01-17, 07:19

Do you have a separate DAC you could use to check if the SPDIF/TOSLINK outputs are working? Perhaps the on board DAC has gone!

I've had 2 receivers for over 2 years and they've never missed a beat, the only similar issue is very occasionally on my other SB3 the sound goes, which is immediately restored when I adjust the volume (the receivers are both set to 100% by default, on the SB3 I use the volume control).

Cheers,

Will