PDA

View Full Version : Can SBS stream FLV?

ovonrein
2011-01-11, 03:57
My wife's favourite commercial radio station has just turned off its MMS feed and wants listeners to listen on their computer so that they may be bombarded with the latest messages from their sponsors. Just great. Is there any way to handle the Flash audio stream?

virgiliomi
2011-01-11, 05:26
It's entirely possible that it's not a Flash stream, but they're just using Adobe Flash to hide the true streaming protocol/format. What's the site, and maybe someone with the right tools can discover the true stream format/URL?

ovonrein
2011-01-12, 02:41
Thanks. It is Heart in Kent (Maidstone), UK. Here's what I get from my URL sniffers:

rtmp://cdn-the-2.musicradio.com:80/LiveAudio/HeartKent&streamName=HeartKent&moreButtonURL=http://dsa.musicradio.com/Player/skin/LiveAudio/36/more_btn.png?v%3D-15Oct10a&bufferTime=4

It works via the web site on www.heart.co.uk.

PS: The URL on SB's Internet Radio list is out of date.

bpa
2011-01-12, 02:57
There is a low speed mp3 stream
http://media-ice.musicradio.com/HeartKentMP3Low.m3u

ovonrein
2011-01-12, 11:55
Yeah - I don't know what that's all about coz it does not actually play the same program as the FLV stream.

ovonrein
2011-01-14, 01:03
Bump the original question: is there a way to stream these FLV streams? Thanks.

bpa
2011-01-14, 01:18
At the moment Flash streams are not supported by either a 3rd party plugin or Logitech.

Flash streams have an associated SWF player and it is usual for the requesting player to undergo authorisation with a code unique to the SWF player (and therefore station or broadcast service). This code usually changes with player updates which can occur frequently. Some streams have an additional layer of encryption. These measures make developing a plugin impractical.

The BBC iPlayer plugin plays Flash/AAC and Flash /MP3 but it is unusual in that the BBC have deliberately not used authorisation of players and no encryption of streams.

A very basic workaround is to use WaveInput plugin and stream the audio from a PC.

ovonrein
2011-01-26, 12:05
Interesting. Fortunately, the original URL seems to have sprung back to life. Thanks all.