PDA

View Full Version : My SBS Seems Busted

trmitchell@hotmail.com
2011-01-10, 13:45
1-year Vista X64 Squeezebox Boom user, piping music into garage via Squeezebox Server 7.5.1 on home desktop. Suddenly SBS won't load, and manual attempt to connect to SBS-selected URL 127.0.0.1 (or same with /9000) fail too.

Downloaded and installed SBS 7.5.2; no change. Help!

Thanks in advance.

Soulkeeper
2011-01-10, 13:49
New firewall or antivirus (or updated)?

trmitchell@hotmail.com
2011-01-10, 14:13
......change to AntiVirus or firewall. All other desktop-controlled streaming working (iTunes, Jazxradio, etc) working, but not to BoomBox.

rgro
2011-01-10, 14:17
......change to AntiVirus or firewall. All other desktop-controlled streaming working (iTunes, Jazxradio, etc) working, but not to BoomBox.

Power off your Boom, then your compter, then your router(s). Power them all back on one at a time in reverse order---router(s) first, then computer, then Boom. Make sure you wait until each device is fully powered up and connected before turning the next one on. See if that fixes your problem....sorta' sounds like a DNS issue.

Soulkeeper
2011-01-11, 03:39
If entering IP addresses doesn't work, it's beyond DNS. But your troubleshooting -/fixing trick is worth trying anyway. It might be a hangup in a switch, router or network card.

trmitchell@hotmail.com
2011-01-18, 11:42
Thanks to all who've suggested fixes. I've tried them, to no avail. Still cannot even manually connect to http://127.0.0.1:9000/ ("Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:9000"; "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".). Yet all other computer functions are normal, including manual loading of other URL's.

I'm wondering if it's this rotten Vista x64 OS. It's been failing updates for a while, and my skills are insufficient to fix it; nor do I think I should spend that amount of time trying to make up for MS being out of control.

Soooo, although this 2-yo ASUS 2.0Ghz/4GB laptop is still useful, I've ordered a new desktop with Windows 7 (altho that product too is already showing flaws in blogs.) Once I have that working and stable, hopefully with SBS up again, I'm gonna wipe/install W7 on the laptop.

I'm vaguely starting to think Mac or Ubuntu, too. Or maybe Google will take a serious run at Windows. Mac could've OWNED the PC market, if they hadn't been so pricey, especially at the 80's-90's starting point.

Again, thanks for your consideration.

garym
2011-01-18, 15:02
I've got a new desktop and laptop both running Win 7 (64) and both run SbS perfectly with over 60K tracks. You should be in good shape. (That said, my main SbS server at home is a headless vortebox appliance, which is using linux)