PDA

View Full Version : Problem Using SqueezePlay

sdf
2011-01-09, 21:41
Hi,

I'm trying to use SqueezePlay to talk to my Squeezeboxes (as opposed to my PC). When I click an Album, then a Song, it adds the whole album to the current playlist. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to add a single song.

I went to the Wiki and found an article on the SqueezePlay UI and it showed buttons on the right hand side to Add or Play...pretty much what I would expect. I just don't see them. Is there something I have to enable?

I origially downloaded SqueezePlay from the nightly build section (it was 7.5.3). Thinking it might be a minor bug, I eventually found an older 7.5.1 version. I'm also running SqueezeServer 7.5.2 on a ReadyNAS Duo.

Now, if I press Alt+A, I can get a list of things that includes Add and Play, but it is a bit more cumbersome than I'd like.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,
sf

bluegaspode
2011-01-09, 23:49
Hi,

I'm trying to use SqueezePlay to talk to my Squeezeboxes (as opposed to my PC). When I click an Album, then a Song, it adds the whole album to the current playlist. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to add a single song.

sf
There is a setting in your server, which toggles the behavior of hitting a single song.
Currently it says that selecting a single song plays the whole album.
Just change that setting in the settings screen of your server install.

sdf
2011-01-10, 08:44
Good point, thanks. I've seen that setting but never had an issue before. It sort of helps, but I would still like the buttons.

By changing the setting, I'm only putting one song in the playlist, but it is using the Play function and not the Add function, so if I try to choose another song, the first one is removed from the list, in favor of the new one. Ideally, of course, both functions are needed.

thanks,
sf