Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbinder101
    • Mar 2010

MusicIP filter creation

I am running Ubuntu 10.2 and SB server 7.5.1 with MusicIP turned on. All is working just fine. However, I want to be able to create a filter when creating a MIP play list. As far as I can tell, the only way to do this is thru MIP's GUI. When I open up the GUI, I can see my library (although it opens very slow). But when I try to create a filter and save it, the entire system hangs and I have to force a restart on my PC. Is there any other way to create a filter for MIP besides the GUI?
  • cparker
    • Oct 2005

GUI is the only way. What version of MIP are you using?
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Comment

• mr_hyde
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by cparker
      GUI is the only way. What version of MIP are you using?
      I run MIP on a NAS where i have no possibility to run the GUI. I have figured out a way to "import" the filters through a different MIP database.

I run the same version of MIP on a windows based PC. With the GUI i create the filters. Then I copy the database to the NAS (Linux based system). The filters can be used, but not the Info for the tracks.

Just refresh the songs and the database should be empty except for the filters. Rescan all your Music and you have your Music and the filters in your database. You should have fingerprinted the tracks since then the rescan is pretty fast (However, fingerprint is not possible with MIP headless under Linux)
      2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - Squeezecenter 7.9.1 / MusicIP in Container station - QNAP TS453A - 4 x 3 TB Hitachi (RAID5)

Comment

• dbinder101
        • Mar 2010

I'm running MIP version 1.7

Comment

• cparker
          • Oct 2005

There is a version 1.8, you can find it on my site. There is a tweak required which you may or may not need;

Cheers
          www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Comment

Working...