PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Listen Again on BBC iPlayer via my Transporter

norderney
2011-01-04, 15:30
I have been listening to a series of programmes broadcast on BBC Radio Solent last week called Solent Stories. The programme broadcast last Wednesday will not play via my Transporter. It gets deleted from the BBC iPlayer server tomorrow!!!!!!
Within the SqueezeBox Server software, I select the following:
Home > BBC iPlayer > BBC Local Radio > BBC Solent > Wednesday
Next I select the required programme, which in this case is:
19:00 Solent Stories, BBC Radio Solentís first chief engineer

But when I press Play othing happens. The programme either side of this one plays perfectly ok.

I have also gone to BBC Solents web site nd I can play this programme via their BBC iPlayer link on heir web site. Anybody got any idea what the problem is?

I do not see any way to get the "link" for this programme from the web page because I think they use some sort of embedded link?

I hope I have explained my problem clearly enough!!!!!

Triode
2011-01-04, 15:51
I have been listening to a series of programmes broadcast on BBC Radio Solent last week called Solent Stories. The programme broadcast last Wednesday will not play via my Transporter. It gets deleted from the BBC iPlayer server tomorrow!!!!!!
Within the SqueezeBox Server software, I select the following:
Home > BBC iPlayer > BBC Local Radio > BBC Solent > Wednesday
Next I select the required programme, which in this case is:
19:00 Solent Stories, BBC Radio Solentís first chief engineer

But when I press Play othing happens. The programme either side of this one plays perfectly ok.

I have also gone to BBC Solents web site nd I can play this programme via their BBC iPlayer link on heir web site. Anybody got any idea what the problem is?

I do not see any way to get the "link" for this programme from the web page because I think they use some sort of embedded link?

I hope I have explained my problem clearly enough!!!!!

Looks like the bbc data feed doesn't contain the details of this programme I'm afraid - can't suggest anything other than listening via another method.

bpa
2011-01-04, 16:08
Oddly - it is available on the non UK list which I think is the same quality as the UK list.

Try the following URL - it is very slow to start so set network timeout to about 60.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/asx/p00cd80n/iplayer_intl_stream_wma

edit:

This is probably better as it is the "final" url
mms://wm.bbc.co.uk/wms/england/radiosolent/aod/solent_stories_wed.wma