PDA

View Full Version : Boom & Alarm: another failing variation.

hsmeets
2011-01-04, 08:05
Hi,

Have read thru recent posts about failing alarm on the Boom. I've an issue too but again a different scenario (hoping not to have overlooked posts):

My setup:
Classic + Boom + Server 7.5.1. running on FreeBSD 8.1, system runs 24/7, all disks but the system disk spindown after 15 minutes of no access, these disks also contain the music files.

I've set the alarm via the Boom, weekdays at 07:00, after setting the alarm it sounded the next morning, as alarmsound an webradio stream. However the next day it failed (luckely had a regular alarmclock next to my bed that sounded somewhat earlier). At the actual set time the Boom did not switch on, it stayed in the off state although the alarm was defined. The backup alarm did also not sound!

I tried several things: setting alarm via the webinterface instead on the boom: no success, choosing a different alarm sound source: no success, turning of the spindown of the server disks: no success.

Whatever I try: The alarm only sounds once after setting the time.

So as a workaround I cycle thru the alarm time setting on the boom every evening and then every morning the alarm works. Once a while I don't touch the settings and next day the alarm does not sound.

(When the alarm has sound and I switch it off: the display briefly says that it has set the next alarm....but it does not work the next day as I wrote. When I cycle through the settings on the boom a messages is shown also about setting the alarm: but that messages is shown for a longer time.)

Who's got a clue?

Thanks.

Mnyb
2011-01-04, 14:28
Hi,

Have read thru recent posts about failing alarm on the Boom. I've an issue too but again a different scenario (hoping not to have overlooked posts):

My setup:
Classic + Boom + Server 7.5.1. running on FreeBSD 8.1, system runs 24/7, all disks but the system disk spindown after 15 minutes of no access, these disks also contain the music files.

I've set the alarm via the Boom, weekdays at 07:00, after setting the alarm it sounded the next morning, as alarmsound an webradio stream. However the next day it failed (luckely had a regular alarmclock next to my bed that sounded somewhat earlier). At the actual set time the Boom did not switch on, it stayed in the off state although the alarm was defined. The backup alarm did also not sound!

I tried several things: setting alarm via the webinterface instead on the boom: no success, choosing a different alarm sound source: no success, turning of the spindown of the server disks: no success.

Whatever I try: The alarm only sounds once after setting the time.

So as a workaround I cycle thru the alarm time setting on the boom every evening and then every morning the alarm works. Once a while I don't touch the settings and next day the alarm does not sound.

(When the alarm has sound and I switch it off: the display briefly says that it has set the next alarm....but it does not work the next day as I wrote. When I cycle through the settings on the boom a messages is shown also about setting the alarm: but that messages is shown for a longer time.)

Who's got a clue?

Thanks.

In the web UI check that the repeat alarm setting is "Yes"

hsmeets
2011-01-06, 00:39
In the web UI check that the repeat alarm setting is "Yes"

that is ofcourse the case :-)