Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nisse
    • Jan 2011

how do I install .pmplugins?

hello I have a squeezebox classic, how do I install the plugins from this thread:
    hxxp://forums.slimdevices.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=4
    its only a single .pm file
  • bonze
    • Jun 2006

even replaced with http, that's not a thread link

and what are you running the server on?
    LMS Version: 8.2
    Synology 216+II & Docker
    2x Touch, 2x SB3

Comment

• nisse
      • Jan 2011

well I use slimserver on ubuntu linux. But I guess this has to be done on the hardware... or?

Comment

• aubuti
        • Oct 2005

It's hard to know what you're talking about, or give any advice, when your messages don't contain much information and the link you refer to isn't valid.

.pm files are Perl modules. All of SBS is built on Perl modules, as are plugins. Plugins are generally installed on the computer that is running SBS, not on the Squeezebox itself.

Please give a little more info, and a valid link, and maybe someone could help.
        Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
        Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
        Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
        Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
        Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
        Bedroom: SB Radio
        Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
        LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• nisse
          • Jan 2011

link:http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ighlight=amiga
          direct link: http://usenet.gerph.org/SlimServer/MOD.pm

Comment

• erland
            • Jan 2006

I'm afraid that one uses the old plugin API, so unless you are using SlimServer 5.x or possibly an early SlimServer 6.x they will require modifications to work in the current 7.x SBS version.

It doesn't seem to have a lot of server API dependencies, so I'm guessing it's probably possible to get it to work with some adjustments in the code. I suggest that you contact the plugin author and ask for help unless you are a developer who is able to do the adjustments yourself.
            Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
            Developer of many plugins/applets
            Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• nisse
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by erland
              I'm afraid that one uses the old plugin API, so unless you are using SlimServer 5.x or possibly an early SlimServer 6.x they will require modifications to work in the current 7.x SBS version.

It doesn't seem to have a lot of server API dependencies, so I'm guessing it's probably possible to get it to work with some adjustments in the code. I suggest that you contact the plugin author and ask for help unless you are a developer who is able to do the adjustments yourself.
              well, I am a developer and unless you guys know of any other EASIER ways to play .mod files (converting them into flac?) I will re-program the module.

Comment

• nisse
                • Jan 2011

well the easiest solution was to use wav out in winamp, and then use FLAC to encode the wav's to flac.

Comment

Working...