PDA

View Full Version : newb question playlists

mfw
2010-12-28, 22:08
I need help understanding playlists; creation, etc.
What I want to do is "shuffle" all songs, or a lot of songs, in a genre.

My setup:
TinySC, USB disk direct to Touch, analog out to receiver, wifi to computer in another room, where I rip and tag CD's. Server and SqueezePlay installed on PC, but only use occasionally, mostly to experiment and fool around. About 1,000 FLAC tracks so far. I may eventually install a dedicated, low power server.

I think I understand TinSC playlists are limited to 100 songs; and that server only plays playlists.

How can I "shuffle" all Christmas genre tracks? Probably have less than 100 of these. (My wife wanted the Christmas music; my efforts to do this usually resulted in the same song repeatedly, or played a few songs and stopped..)

How can I "shuffle" all Blues genre tracks? I have way more than 100 of these.

Should I create playlists on the full server on my pc and move this to the Touch? (Full server playlists are limited only by configuration parameter, defaults to 500, so would need to limit to 100 when transferring to Touch.)

What are the best ways to create playlists?

I see the shuffle icon on the Touch, but what songs does this shuffle? Does this shuffle within a playlist?

kidstypike
2010-12-29, 01:21
I need help understanding playlists; creation, etc.
What I want to do is "shuffle" all songs, or a lot of songs, in a genre.

My setup:
TinySC, USB disk direct to Touch, analog out to receiver, wifi to computer in another room, where I rip and tag CD's. Server and SqueezePlay installed on PC, but only use occasionally, mostly to experiment and fool around. About 1,000 FLAC tracks so far. I may eventually install a dedicated, low power server.

I think I understand TinSC playlists are limited to 100 songs; and that server only plays playlists.

How can I "shuffle" all Christmas genre tracks? Probably have less than 100 of these. (My wife wanted the Christmas music; my efforts to do this usually resulted in the same song repeatedly, or played a few songs and stopped..)

How can I "shuffle" all Blues genre tracks? I have way more than 100 of these.

Should I create playlists on the full server on my pc and move this to the Touch? (Full server playlists are limited only by configuration parameter, defaults to 500, so would need to limit to 100 when transferring to Touch.)

What are the best ways to create playlists?

I see the shuffle icon on the Touch, but what songs does this shuffle? Does this shuffle within a playlist?

Using the touch remote > Settings > set Shuffle to 'Song' (or use the shuffle button on the remote).

My Music > Genres > highlight 'Christmas' and press play.

This could take a few moments using TinySC.

mfw
2011-01-02, 08:41
Using the touch remote > Settings > set Shuffle to 'Song' (or use the shuffle button on the remote).

My Music > Genres > highlight 'Christmas' and press play.

This could take a few moments using TinySC.

Much easier than I realized. Thanks.
Is there a similarly easy way on the touch screen (without using remote)?
I don't see how to do the equivalent of the remote's "Play" button from the screen.
Frank

kidstypike
2011-01-02, 09:50
Much easier than I realized. Thanks.
Is there a similarly easy way on the touch screen (without using remote)?
I don't see how to do the equivalent of the remote's "Play" button from the screen.
Frank

Press and hold "Christmas", when the menu pops up, tap Play.

Cheers

mfw
2011-01-02, 11:28
Press and hold "Christmas", when the menu pops up, tap Play.

Cheers

Wow. Simple enough for even me.