PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox v3 dies on boot

lbj2010
2010-12-19, 15:14
Hi

I have a serious problem with my old Squeezebox v3. Some time ago it started behaving oddly. I fist thought it was getting warm because it suddenly died after being used for a while. I could then let it rest for a short while and start it again. The time between each time this happen became shorter and shorter and now it only boots, shows the Logitech logo and then dies. I've tried with another power supply but with the same result.

Is there a battery in the box that could explain such a behavior? Do anyone have a suggestion for what I should do?

Any help is highly appreciated. I really miss my good old Squeezebox!

ehjones
2010-12-19, 15:31
A few things to try:

1) a xilinx reset - hold the 1 button on the remote and attach the power supply.
2) a factory reset - hold the + (add) button and attach the power supply.
3) open the unit and remove the wireless card, see if that helps.

I'm not sure if there's anything else to do. My old squeezebox 3 died the same way as yours and I've not got it working :( So let me know if you have any success!

heegard
2010-12-19, 20:47
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=62359

There must be someone who has an idea where the problem lies...

-Chris

lbj2010
2010-12-20, 03:25
Thanks for the advice and the link to the other thread. It might be the same issue, but my Squeezeboox doesn't keep rebooting. It simply dies after a short while. I really seems like a battery like issue because if I leave it resting for a day it will keep alive for a minute or two, while if i plug it in again after it dies it just shows the logo and then dies again. I don't think it's a wireless issue as i just managed to set up the wireless password connect to Squeezebox Server and play half a song.

I've tried the two ways of resetting without any luck.

I will try to open the box and look for the battery. I guess it has a battery as it remembers the settings even if you unplug it from the power. Perhaps a damaged battery could cause this problem?

I will keep you informed if I manage to fix it.

Thanks again!

Phil Leigh
2010-12-20, 03:33
Thanks for the advice and the link to the other thread. It might be the same issue, but my Squeezeboox doesn't keep rebooting. It simply dies after a short while. I really seems like a battery like issue because if I leave it resting for a day it will keep alive for a minute or two, while if i plug it in again after it dies it just shows the logo and then dies again. I don't think it's a wireless issue as i just managed to set up the wireless password connect to Squeezebox Server and play half a song.

I've tried the two ways of resetting without any luck.

I will try to open the box and look for the battery. I guess it has a battery as it remembers the settings even if you unplug it from the power. Perhaps a damaged battery could cause this problem?

I will keep you informed if I manage to fix it.

Thanks again!

there is no battery...

Pascal Hibon
2010-12-20, 04:47
Also try to remove the wireless card as suggested.