PDA

View Full Version : Any way to stop Squeezebox Classic from switching off?

mekondelta
2010-12-14, 11:27
Hi,

I have a Squeezebox Classic which I love. I'm moving house right now and we have no fixed-line broadband. I'm using a Huawei E585 mobile broadband router. It's a great little router but occasionally it drops a connection or switches between HSDPA and 3G and the Squeezebox will try and connect to mysqueezebox.com. It also turns itself off after a while if it can't connect.

Question is, is there any way of at the very least the time still appearing or is it basically just a dead box without an internet connection? If I use it as an alarm will it still work if the internet connection is dropped?

Any help appreciated. Hopefully this is a temporary situation!

aubuti
2010-12-14, 11:43
The SB3/Classic is a slim (ie, dumb) client. It literally doesn't know the time of day, and has to get that information from a server. That server could be mysqueezebox.com, or SBServer running on your computer.

If you set an alarm and it loses the connection to the server (either mysb.com via the internet or local SBS) then the alarm will not trigger.

toby10
2010-12-14, 11:47
The SB3/Classic must be connected to a server to function. No server (SBS on your computer or MySB.com online) then no clack nor alarm.
Some of the newer players will function as a clock and alarm without any server connection, but not the old SB3/Classic. :(