PDA

View Full Version : Play later

bernt
2010-12-08, 07:16
Hi!

I listen to random song mix at work. Sometimes I hear a song from a album I havent played in a long time and would like to listen to it when I get home.

But by the time I got home I can't remember which album it was.

So a "Play later" function like the "Add to Favourites" would be nice.

Kind Regards
/Bernt

iPhone
2010-12-08, 09:54
Or use this thing called Pen and Paper to write it down, or the Notes/Reminder section in your smart phone. Or one can do what I do, I let Sound Hound listen to the song while its playing and I can later go back and check the history when I get home.

Another thing one can do is add it as a "Loved" track to Last.FM (assuming you have Internet since you are listening away from home). When you get home, check your Last.FM account and it will show the last few songs you added to the "Loved" track list.

bernt
2010-12-08, 11:26
Or use this thing called Pen and Paper to write it down, or the Notes/Reminder section in your smart phone. Or one can do what I do, I let Sound Hound listen to the song while its playing and I can later go back and check the history when I get home.

Another thing one can do is add it as a "Loved" track to Last.FM (assuming you have Internet since you are listening away from home). When you get home, check your Last.FM account and it will show the last few songs you added to the "Loved" track list.

I can do any of those but I thought it would be more fun to just hit a button to "bookmark" it and later play the "bookmark".

A plugin maybe?

erland
2010-12-08, 11:33
I listen to random song mix at work. Sometimes I hear a song from a album I havent played in a long time and would like to listen to it when I get home.

How are you listening to the music at work ? On a Squeezebox ? Connected to the server at home ? Or through some other device ?

Bookmark functionality would be great but to make it really useful it needs to work between different kind of devices. For example, when I'm listening to a song on my iPhone at work, I'd like to bookmark it at work on the iPhone and when I get home I'd like to find it on my Squeezebox menu and play it on my Squeezebox.

Soundhound with a Squeezebox connection to transfer an item in the history to the Squeezebox would be an optimal a good solution.

A plugin maybe?

If you are using a Squeezebox at work, you should be able to either use favorites or the Playlist Manager plugin by Philip Meyer. The Playlist Manager plugin makes it possible to add current song to a user selectable playlist.

bernt
2010-12-08, 12:39
I use Moose\Squeezeslave connected to my SBS at home.

I don't want to mess up Favorites so I will take a look at Playlist Manager.

A "Bookmark" what removes it self after I have used it would be nice so I don't have a lot of old "Bookmarks" floating around.

pski
2010-12-08, 16:49
I use Moose\Squeezeslave connected to my SBS at home.

I don't want to mess up Favorites so I will take a look at Playlist Manager.

A "Bookmark" what removes it self after I have used it would be nice so I don't have a lot of old "Bookmarks" floating around.

This is not a SBS issue: it is a Moose issue.

Even if this were available in SBS it would not be automatically available in Moose.(?)

Case closed.

I do like the idea. Giving +1 to iPhone: let's call it "post-it." Of course real post-its are free-form, self-defined, and system portable..

P

bernt
2010-12-09, 00:08
This is not a SBS issue: it is a Moose issue.

Even if this were available in SBS it would not be automatically available in Moose.(?)

Case closed.

I do like the idea. Giving +1 to iPhone: let's call it "post-it." Of course real post-its are free-form, self-defined, and system portable..

P

I use the SBS GUI to so that would'nt be a problem. (I'm probably one of the few that really like SBS and the SBS GUI)

Keep in mind that this is just a suggestion, not a demand.

Boxee has "Watch later" that is kind of cool. Maybe we can use MySB.com for it.

usch
2010-12-09, 14:22
If you are using a Squeezebox at work, you should be able to either use favorites or the Playlist Manager plugin by Philip Meyer. The Playlist Manager plugin makes it possible to add current song to a user selectable playlist.
That would have been my suggestion, too. Unfortunately Playlist Manager doesn't seem to have any UI other than the menus on the player itself, so it will not work with Moose or the Web UI. However, the latest version of SqueezeSlave can emulate the SliMP3/SB1 UI when started with the "--display" command line switch, so that should work with Playlist Manager.

Pascal Hibon
2010-12-10, 05:34
You could use the “Last.fm Audioscrobbler” plugin. iPhone suggested something simular.
The audioscrobbler will keep a list of songs you have played. In the evening when you get home you can simply check the the list of songs you have played, even if you didn’t “loved” them in Last.fm.
It requires you to create a free Last.fm account and to enable the Last.fm Audioscrobbler plugin.