PDA

View Full Version : Don't want single tracks in "Albums"

wenkman
2010-12-07, 03:13
Does anyone have an idea how to get single tracks (with no corresponding album) from my library out of the browser menu "Albums", as they actually don't belong there, do they?

Thanks.

Wenkman

alZmtbr
2010-12-07, 10:41
I've always considered "singles" to be "albums" with only one track...

wenkman
2010-12-07, 11:30
sounds reasonable. but if you have a big collection of "singles" you would want to seperate them from the albums. Does anyone have an idea if this could be configured somewhere like "don't show singles in albums view"?

Custom browse of course would be an idea, but it is soooo slow!

tcutting
2010-12-07, 12:24
Could you tag with Album=Singles, and treat them all as one huge compilation album?

SilverRS8
2010-12-07, 13:53
Does anyone have an idea how to get single tracks (with no corresponding album) from my library out of the browser menu "Albums", as they actually don't belong there, do they?

Thanks.

Wenkman

I tag all my albums in the comment tag with 'artist album' , 'compilation album', 'soundtrack album' etc.

Then I use Custom Browse to create new browse menu items for Artists, Compilations etc so I can browse only those albums as my library has a lot of singles included also.

This should be a native feature in SBS I believe but it still isn't so thank you Erland for creating this critical plugin!

usch
2010-12-09, 13:57
Could you tag with Album=Singles, and treat them all as one huge compilation album?
If you just leave the album tag blank, SBS automatically creates a huge compilation titled "No Album".