PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeBox Radio woke me up two hours early...:-/



steinarb
2010-12-02, 22:48
My SqueezeBox Radio woke me up 04:30 CET today, instead of 06:30 CET.
The reason I know this is that the two other clocks in the bedrom showed
the correct time.

The SB Radio proudly displayed 06:30 AM, ie. a shift two time zones to
the east.

Has anyone else seen something like this? And know might cause it?

I'll investigate when I get back from work, but by then the "forensic
evidence" may have evaporated.


- Steinar

bluegaspode
2010-12-03, 01:37
The Radio syncs its time to the server used.

So if you run against MySqueezebox.com you should check your country and TimeZone settings there.

If you run it against a local server then I'm pretty sure its time is also two hours off.

NikolajC
2010-12-03, 03:30
Did the radio have server contact or did it fire the fallback alarm?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

steinarb
2010-12-03, 11:50
>>>>> bluegaspode <bluegaspode.4ldydb1291365481 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> The Radio syncs its time to the server used.

> So if you run against MySqueezebox.com you should check your country
> and TimeZone settings there.

Ah ok. I have to make certain of that in case it needs it as a fallback.

> If you run it against a local server then I'm pretty sure its time is
> also two hours off.

You were right in that the server was two hours off.

The time zone was right.

I told it to do an NTP update manually (it's an XP machine), and after a
little while after it said it had adjusted the time was right.

I have no idea what makes an XP machine do this. Ie. move two time
zones in less than 24h. That it was almost exactly two hours hint at a
time zone thing.

But thanks for your help!

steinarb
2010-12-03, 11:51
>>>>> NikolajC <NikolajC.4le3nb1291372322 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> Did the radio have server contact or did it fire the fallback alarm?

It did have server contact, and the server was two hours off. A forced
NTP update fixed the issue.

steinarb
2010-12-03, 11:55
>>>>> Steinar Bang <sb (AT) dod (DOT) no>:

> The SB Radio proudly displayed 06:30 AM,

Is there a way to make the SqueezeBox Radio display a 24h clock?
I tried the configuration posted on this forum, ie.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/archive/index.php/t-29816.html

But I can't find that setting on squeezeserver. There is
Advanced -> Formatting

But all that is there, is
- Album covers
- Folder for album covers
- Guess label format
(approximately translated from the Norwegian configuration seen by me)

bluegaspode
2010-12-03, 12:07
You can change the format directly on the Radio. Just look in the settings menu (of the Radio).

Only for older devices like the Boom or Classic you could change the format on the server.

snarlydwarf
2010-12-03, 12:09
>>>>> Steinar Bang <sb (AT) dod (DOT) no>:

> The SB Radio proudly displayed 06:30 AM,

Is there a way to make the SqueezeBox Radio display a 24h clock?


For the Radio, this is set on the Radio itself. (It's smarter than the old
SB's and actually knows the time... the older players have no clue what they're displaying, so the server had to format it right for them.)

Settings -> Screen -> Date & Time -> Time Format -> 24 hours

steinarb
2010-12-04, 01:57
>>>>> snarlydwarf <snarlydwarf.4lermn1291403401 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> For the Radio, this is set on the Radio itself. (It's smarter than
> the old SB's and actually knows the time... the older players have no
> clue what they're displaying, so the server had to format it right for
> them.)

> Settings -> Screen -> Date & Time -> Time Format -> 24 hours

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Gew
2012-03-10, 18:59
Settings -> Screen -> Date & Time -> Time Format -> 24 hoursThanks mate, saved me reading the manual! ^^