PDA

View Full Version : Dropout playing flac files

Philip Meyer
2004-09-05, 10:57
I have just upgraded my SqueezeBox graphics module. Everything is looking great.

I have also started to play flac files, but have noticed that shortly after playing a track, there is a short pause in the sound. This seems to happen just after the display dimms, or perhaps something to do with the BBC News screensaver kicking in. If I keep using the remote to stop the display from dimming, the dropout doesn't seem to happen.

I will try to play other file formats later; is there anything else I can do to help identify the bug?

I have the latest nightly release (3 sept 2004).

Phil

Philip Meyer
2004-09-05, 11:14
>I have also started to play flac files, but have noticed that shortly after playing a track, there is a short pause in the sound.

I've just noticed the following reported in the debug window, which could be related to the problem:

Use of uninitialized value in array element at /PerlApp/Slim/Player/Playlist.pm line 337.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne (!=) at /PerlApp/Slim/Player/Playlist.pm line 345.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /PerlApp/Slim/Player/Playlist.pm line 375.
The system cannot find the path specified.

The "The system cannot find the path specified." messages do not seem to completely match the dropouts though.

Phil