PDA

View Full Version : Help! analogue outputs on SB3 are muted ?

praganj
2010-11-29, 14:46
Hi,

I sold my SB3 on ebay to somebody, and he tells that the analogue outputs are not working, spdif and optical works.

I was using SB3 mostly with a dac and there was one (volume) advanced setting on the server to mute (volume tweak?) the analogue outputs.
I don't remember where the setting was and now having SB Touch, i even can't check where it was.

Anybody can help ???

Does factory reset should help ?

jfo
2010-11-29, 15:00
The only setting I see is in Player Settings>Audio>Preamp Volume Control, where you can attenuate the output.If it's at max there would be no sound. This is not in Server Settings, but Player Settings. This may confuse a noobie.

Pascal Hibon
2010-11-29, 15:07
There is no way to disable the analogue outputs. Only the volume controls can control the audio output. I guess the guy has tried to raise the volume on the remote when testing the unit?
A factory reset would be a good thing to try.

Pascal Hibon
2010-11-29, 15:09
Well, I stand corrected. The Preamp Volume Control is indeed a possible cause. Mea culpa.

Mnyb
2010-11-29, 21:27
There is no way to disable the analogue outputs. Only the volume controls can control the audio output. I guess the guy has tried to raise the volume on the remote when testing the unit?
A factory reset would be a good thing to try.

In old firmware you could fix the digital to 100% and still use the analog out. Why they removed this ?

Xilink reset too after the factory reset

praganj
2010-11-30, 03:49
Thanks to everybody for help !

My old SB3 is still listed in mysquezebox.com and i found the setting under:
players - squezeebox - audio - Preamp Volume Control set to 63, so the analogue output are muted.

Set it to 0 and everything is OK :)