PDA

View Full Version : Touch Out of Stock at Logitech

linvale
2010-11-24, 22:56
I don't know whether this is going to be for long and I see that they can be bought at Amazon (at a higher price than a couple of weeks ago) but I was thinking a black-Friday deal might come through. Good they have sold so many - a shame that the stock control leads to an out of stock at the start of the holiday season....

eschurig
2010-11-25, 00:27
I noticed the touch out of stock at logitech also and decided to search around a bit. Found it at Amazon as you said. Also noticed what appears to be Squeezebox Classic (SB3) at amazon or at least that's what the picture appears to be. Are these really still available?

toby10
2010-11-25, 04:29
..... Also noticed what appears to be Squeezebox Classic (SB3) at amazon or at least that's what the picture appears to be. Are these really still available?

Yup.

maggior
2010-11-25, 09:41
Yes, Amazon's price on the touch was lower last week. Today, Amazon has the Boom for $169 (yes, you read that correctly) and the Duet for $250.

If stock on the Touch is low, you probably won't see deals on them trying to push them out the door :-).

mbg
2010-11-27, 10:28
I ordered mine through the Canadian Logitech site, where it was just recently added. It said "In Stock" when I ordered it, but after not shipping for a week I called them... apparently it's out of stock and they are expecting a shipment in the first week of December.

I know better than to rely on estimates like this, but I'll give them a chance... it's only been a week :)

jfo
2010-11-29, 15:40
I ordered mine through the Canadian Logitech site, where it was just recently added. It said "In Stock" when I ordered it, but after not shipping for a week I called them... apparently it's out of stock and they are expecting a shipment in the first week of December.

I know better than to rely on estimates like this, but I'll give them a chance... it's only been a week :)

You could try here...
http://solutionsav.ca/slimdevices.html

I bought mine from them since Logitech took forever to list them in Canada. Good service and the price is competitive.

Pascal Hibon
2010-11-30, 05:15
Well I ordered a Radio but it is also out of stock. Checked a few other sites and those are also out of stock. I guess the coming holiday season is good business for Logitech and Squeezebox.

mbg
2010-11-30, 12:08
Well I ordered a Radio but it is also out of stock. Checked a few other sites and those are also out of stock. I guess the coming holiday season is good business for Logitech and Squeezebox.

The Logitech site is annoying, though... and pretty poor for ordering.

Problem #1: At least in Canada, the site STILL says "In stock" for Touch when you add it to your cart, even though it's not and is backordered.

Problem #2: If I view my order through the wrong link, it shows the whole thing in US dollars, even though the order was submitted in Canadian dollars! This reminds me of those old glitchy e-commerce sites where they passed the product price in the URL as a parameter!

This says nothing about their products, but I wouldn't use their site again for ordering. I'd rather use a store that has accurate inventory info, accurate order status, and gives more control over the order after it's been submitted.

mbg
2010-11-30, 12:09
You could try here...

I bought mine from them since Logitech took forever to list them in Canada. Good service and the price is competitive.

Thanks. If mine doesn't arrive by the first date they gave me as an estimate, I'll try to cancel and order from there.

It's cheaper at that site, too...

Mnyb
2010-11-30, 23:19
The Logitech site is annoying, though... and pretty poor for ordering.

Problem #1: At least in Canada, the site STILL says "In stock" for Touch when you add it to your cart, even though it's not and is backordered.

Problem #2: If I view my order through the wrong link, it shows the whole thing in US dollars, even though the order was submitted in Canadian dollars! This reminds me of those old glitchy e-commerce sites where they passed the product price in the URL as a parameter!

This says nothing about their products, but I wouldn't use their site again for ordering. I'd rather use a store that has accurate inventory info, accurate order status, and gives more control over the order after it's been submitted.

+1 thats the logitech store experience stay away use another shop if you can :) note that you will probably not get any confirmation mail with an order nr so that you can track your purchase and they don't answer emails.
The product will just show up when you least expect it (or not) just 0 communication from them. So if don't noted the order nr on the screen there is no way to figure that out later.

The products is good thou I'm quite happy with my Touch

325xi
2010-12-01, 22:55

You've made my day! in Spring I've sent my old broken SB3 to Logitech for promise of 50% off of any new one (kinda off warranty replacement) - and obviously they didn't want to ship to Canada anything not yet officially available. Finally that day have come :)

mbg
2010-12-02, 06:24
You've made my day! in Spring I've sent my old broken SB3 to Logitech for promise of 50% off of any new one (kinda off warranty replacement) - and obviously they didn't want to ship to Canada anything not yet officially available. Finally that day have come :)

Yes, the day has come when you can order it.

It remains to be seen whether the day has come when you will actually receive one :)

mbg
2010-12-04, 07:11
You could try here...

I'm going to try SA/V now.

I cancelled the order at Logitech on the phone with them but I have this strange feeling that it's still going to show up someday -- the ordering system is THAT bad! On top of that, the estimate I was given previously sounds like it was pulled out of thin air because the next time I called, I got someone different and they had no estimate other than "as soon as it's available".

mbg
2010-12-09, 10:43
For F's sake!

My Logitech one just shipped (almost a week after I cancelled it) and Solutions A/V doesn't respond to e-mails and hasn't shipped it.

I might end up with two of these.

nicketynick
2010-12-09, 13:08
I'm sure somebody will be happy to take it off your hands. Especially considering how difficult it is to get here in Canada. nudge nudge wink wink.....