PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Track Count On Playlists

Jesse5842
2010-11-23, 10:25
IO have a play list that has over 2500 songs and the squeezebox duet controller states "Play list full" and it only plays 500 songs out of the 2500 or so.

bobertuk
2010-11-23, 10:35
The maximum number of tracks allowed in a playlist can be set in SbS:

Settings/Advanced/Performance/Maximum Playlist Length

Bob

snarlydwarf
2010-11-23, 12:31
The maximum number of tracks allowed in a playlist can be set in SbS:

Settings/Advanced/Performance/Maximum Playlist Length

Although I would recommend looking at your methodology. I dislike long playlists and SBS gets pokey with them.

You may want to install Erland's plugins (TrackStat, DynamicPlaylists especially, and maybe SQLPlaylists) and make playlists programattically.

As in "please play anything between 5 and 10 mins long, but not Christmas, and not Explicit and not played in the last week"

These playlists exist entirely in your tags (well, and play history for the 'last week' part) and as long as you are good with your tagging they will update themselves as you add music.

I find these much easier to manage, especially when you're dealing with large lists.

Mnyb
2010-11-23, 12:50
Dynamic playlist plugin can also pick random from a very large playlist much larger than your set limit as it just cue up 10 new songs at the time (per default).

I use this as my genres are a little messy and I made some large list with music in certain modes thats also transgress genres a bit, I could ofcourse assign multiple genres and invent my own genres or my own tags or...
This leads to the endless tagging hell hole where I won't go ;)
Tags are basically broken by design just don't overwork it once they are "ok" . I will clean up my genres sometime thou.

What can happen if your for example press shuffle 2 or 3 times with a very large playlist is 10 to 20 minutes of 100% cpu and unconnected players.

More squeezeplay devices (Touch Radio Controller) worse performance old style ip3k players better performance with playlists .

My personal experiments Boom vs Touch controlled by a controller (worst case) 20 times bigger playlist possible with boom before server melts