PDA

View Full Version : Forum -> email gateway working?

MrC
2010-11-17, 11:33
I haven't received any email from the forums in the past couple of days. Is the gateway from the forums to email still working? Anyone else having troubles?

erland
2010-11-17, 11:50
Anyone else having troubles?

If you are talking about mail due to posts in subscribed threads I think I've seen the same thing, I haven't got any mail since November 13.

garym
2010-11-17, 11:56
If you are talking about mail due to posts in subscribed threads I think I've seen the same thing, I haven't got any mail since November 13.

same for me. no email notifications for subscribed threads....

JJZolx
2010-11-17, 11:57
I don't use the email gateway, but I also haven't received any email notifications from the forums since November 13th.

MrC
2010-11-17, 15:41
Thanks.

I'm subscribed to several of the forums, not particular posts. The only mail I've received have been check-in notifications.

So it seems that email notifications (and content) of new posts to the forums are getting lost somewhere.

garym
2010-11-20, 06:49
I'm still not receiving email notifications on subscribed threads? Is this working for anyone or down for all?

mherger
2010-11-21, 02:36
I'm sorry for the delay. I'm still waiting for an update from our IT.

Thanks for the hint about forum notifications not being sent. This should help narrowing down the cause of failure.

ftlight
2010-11-24, 10:05
Will this ever be fixed? I've received no emails in the last two weeks, and I find the web interface tedious to use.

Bill

JJZolx
2010-11-26, 03:51
testing, testing....

How's that IT department working out for you?

mherger
2010-11-26, 04:08
> How's that IT department working out for you?

It needed some more bugging, but seems to have done the job. At last...

--

Michael

Letten
2010-11-26, 04:41
phew, relief!

When I didn't get the notifications I thought that it was because I used an old email account (which might have been canceled) so I used the User CP to change to my new email account!

BUT, I didn't get any confirmation email from the forum and as a result I was unable to post anything in here for some days - imagine that! ;-)

Bill Burns
2010-11-26, 13:05
On 11/26/2010 6:08 AM, Michael Herger wrote:
>> How's that IT department working out for you?
>
> It needed some more bugging, but seems to have done the job. At last...

Working. Thank you!

--
Bill Burns
Long Island NY USA
http://ftldesign.com

erland
2011-05-03, 17:04
Thanks for the hint about forum notifications not being sent. This should help narrowing down the cause of failure.

Is there some problems with forum notifications again or is it just me that don't get them ?

I haven't got any during the last 24 hours or so and there have been posts in some of the threads I'm subscribing to.

JJZolx
2011-05-03, 19:29
Working for me.

erland
2011-05-03, 20:36
Working for me.

Just to be clear, I am talking about mail notifications on subscribed threads, not the mailing list. I've got other mails to the same mail address and so I don't think there is a problem on the my side (hotmail).

JJZolx
2011-05-03, 20:41
Just to be clear, I am talking about mail notifications on subscribed threads, not the mailing list. I've got other mails to the same mail address and so I don't think there is a problem on the my side (hotmail).

That's what I meant, forum notifications. I don't use the mailing list.

erland
2011-05-04, 11:08
That's what I meant, forum notifications. I don't use the mailing list.

Maybe there is some problem to send to hotmail addresses, I just switched my account to another e-mail address and now it seems to work again. The mails are not in the hotmail spam folder, I've checked that.

Anyway, problem solved for me since I switched e-mail.