PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a Sony Dash

FredFredrickson
2010-11-16, 11:30
Hey guys, I'm a long time squeezebox lover. Nothing will replace that for me.

That being said, the dash has weather, traffic info, movies and hulu, so I thought I'd buy one for my bathroom (where I currently still have a SB Receiver for my duet.)

Apparently, the dash uses chumby widgets which are literally just flash apps with actionscript 2.0. I am an alright flash dev with flex, and I was wondering if:

1. A controller app for the dash already exists?
2. If not, can it be done in flash?
3. Is anybody interested if I write a controller app for dash?

wenkman
2010-11-28, 06:18
Hey guys, I'm a long time squeezebox lover. Nothing will replace that for me.

That being said, the dash has weather, traffic info, movies and hulu, so I thought I'd buy one for my bathroom (where I currently still have a SB Receiver for my duet.)

Apparently, the dash uses chumby widgets which are literally just flash apps with actionscript 2.0. I am an alright flash dev with flex, and I was wondering if:

1. A controller app for the dash already exists?
2. If not, can it be done in flash?
3. Is anybody interested if I write a controller app for dash?

1. I think not, haven't found anything
2. why not? what's with squeezeplay, can't this just be adapted? though the development of "chumbysqueeze" for the chumby one which uses the same linux chumby OS seems to have stagnated?! look here:

http://chumbysqueeze.sourceforge.net/

3. sure! fantastic idea!

wenkman

wenkman
2010-12-04, 04:51
any progress?

FredFredrickson
2010-12-06, 18:35
Funny you should ask, I just signed up for the developer account and i loaded up flex. I'm a decent flash programmer, but it looks like local network is locked down. I might have to write a local app that interfaces with squeezebox.

How do I access the local mysql?

edit: flex can't do pre-flash 9. Chumby's 8. Lame. Loading up Flash.

wenkman
2010-12-11, 06:17
Maybe something like IPeng, look here:

http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2008/11/25/ipeng-application-now-on-app-store/?show=gallery

It has a fantastic interface and is really easy to handle.